You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warspite03

Petropavlovsk Tier X cruiser how to get?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts
1,741 battles

I saw on the tech tree that they had the Petropavlovsk  marked as early assess .  Anyone know if this ship is part of the soviet token missions I cant find any information on how you get acquire.

Thanks, 

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
5 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

I saw on the tech tree that they had the Petropavlovsk  marked as early assess .  Anyone know if this ship is part of the soviet token missions I cant find any information on how you get acquire.

Thanks, 

4 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Wait until next update.

This^^^

Petropavlovsk will be available to be researched on patch 9.5. The closest you can get this patch with early access is getting Riga and then putting enough XP on Riga, to get Petro when it is available for research in 9.5. Getting Riga would require having the premium ships for those missions and/or spending dubs for tokens in the Armory.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/soviet-cruisers-early-access/

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,534 posts
26,095 battles
27 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This^^^

Petropavlovsk will be available to be researched on patch 9.5. The closest you can get this patch with early access is getting Riga and then putting enough XP on Riga, to get Petro when it is available for research in 9.5. Getting Riga would require having the premium ships for those missions and/or spending dubs for tokens in the Armory.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/soviet-cruisers-early-access/

Actually Kiz Petropavlovsk isn't available until update 9.6. Nevsky comes with 9.5 but Petro isn't until 9.6. Tallinn and Riga can't be "researched" until 9.6 as well.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-094-soviet-cruisers/

With the release of Update 0.9.5, X Moskva and V Kirov will be replaced in the Tech Tree by X Alexander Nevsky and V Kotovsky, respectively. VIII Tallinn, IX Riga, and X Petropavlovsk will become available to research in Update 0.9.6.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually Kiz Petropavlovsk isn't available until update 9.6. Nevsky comes with 9.5 but Petro isn't until 9.6.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-094-soviet-cruisers/

With the release of Update 0.9.5, X Moskva and V Kirov will be replaced in the Tech Tree by X Alexander Nevsky and V Kotovsky, respectively. VIII Tallinn, IX Riga, and X Petropavlovsk will become available to research in Update 0.9.6.

Weird, stretching it out like that, but WG has been weird lately.

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,358 posts
19,469 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have a feeling the new Soviet heavies can’t be researched until 9.6 is because somehow people will think that if you already have Moskva you’ll get Petropalvosk free, when it’s been said countless times you don’t 

[PVE]
Members
12,534 posts
26,095 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just now, tfcas119 said:

I have a feeling the new Soviet heavies can’t be researched until 9.6 is because somehow people will think that if you already have Moskva you’ll get Petropalvosk free, when it’s been said countless times you don’t 

They have staggered the release before though. Kleber for instance took a couple updates to become available.

I wish it was coming next update as I have Riga, the event camo for Petropavlovsk, and enough XP on Riga to get it. Now I have to wait for 6+ weeks. Wha.....:Smile_child::Smile_sad::Smile_child::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
3 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They have staggered the release before though. Kleber for instance took a couple updates to become available.

I wish it was coming next update as I have Riga, the event camo for Petropavlovsk, and enough XP on Riga to get it. Now I have to wait for 6+ weeks. Wha.....:Smile_child::Smile_sad::Smile_child::Smile_facepalm:

AT is right that Kleber was delayed. Since Nevesky is replacing Moskva, I don't see how anyone would think that would affect Petropalvosk.

[PVE]
Members
12,534 posts
26,095 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

AT is right that Kleber was delayed. Since Nevesky is replacing Moskva, I don't see how anyone would think that would affect Petropalvosk.

Me either but I have seen people saying they should get it because Moskva is moving. As much as I :Smile_facepalm: my head at WG does/says at times I also have to :Smile_facepalm: at a lot of what some players do/say as well. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,303 posts

People are maybe looking back at the USN cruiser split and getting confused by how a player who had the entire line in port ended up with multiple free tech-tree ships.  

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Me either but I have seen people saying they should get it because Moskva is moving. As much as I :Smile_facepalm: my head at WG does/says at times I also have to :Smile_facepalm: at a lot of what some players do/say as well. :Smile_veryhappy:

Well, we should get Nevesky if you have Moskva per the past ship replacement rules, but that never went to adding extra ships from other slots in.

1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

People are maybe looking back at the USN cruiser split and getting confused by how a player who had the entire line in port ended up with multiple free tech-tree ships.  

That was due to the existing ships in the CL line moving down one slot, so you got the replacement ship in slot and then that ship was moved into the slot for a double, if you had both ships to start with. That is not happening with Moskva, so I don't understand the confusion.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,303 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

That was due to the existing ships in the CL line moving down one slot, so you got the replacement ship in slot and then that ship was moved into the slot for a double, if you had both ships to start with. That is not happening with Moskva, so I don't understand the confusion.

With each split being handled differently, people don't stop to read the details, they just make assumptions based on past splits. 

I didn't say it made sense. 

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

With each split being handled differently, people don't stop to read the details, they just make assumptions based on past splits. 

They have been fairly consistent, with the US being unusual as you got the replacement which was also the ship moving down from one tier up.

Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

:Smile_teethhappy: That is a very good point. :Smile_teethhappy:

[GRAVE]
Members
1,358 posts
19,469 battles
5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Since Nevesky is replacing Moskva, I don't see how anyone would think that would affect Petropalvosk.

You'll be amazed at the stupidity of people who post in these forums

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
47 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

You'll be amazed at the stupidity of people who post in these forums

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,988 posts
10,409 battles
8 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Reading is apparently too difficult for most people nowadays. :Smile_veryhappy:

That and they do not take the time to consider what makes this release different from the previous ones and why WG is handling it the way they are. They just assume things will be handled the same way and decide to be outraged instead when they learn otherwise.

Edited by Nevermore135

[36]
Members
453 posts
10,914 battles

The problem WG faces with this split is that they're keeping most of the existing Russian cruiser line as the "Light Cruiser" portion and creating a new "Heavy Cruiser" alternate. At first glance it seems obvious that Moskva should just move from the Light side to the Dark side, if you'll pardon the pun, and remain a tech tree T10 cruiser. The problem, however, is that following previously established rules - I use the term lightly - would require replacing the Moskva with Nevsky for everyone that has it, and then those same players end up owning the T10 Heavy cruiser as well, without actually researching the Heavy line.

That would be really weird and not in WG's best interest, or the game's, or even the players, really.

So, they came up with this plan to make Moskva "Special" add two brand new T10 ships, avoid an awkward situation, and create a lot of confusion. Never miss an opportunity to create confusion! The only real mistake they're making is not addressing the permacamo issue correctly, but that's just my own opinion. I think they just forgot about it, honestly, and the company has never been good at thinking on their feet.

Edited by _Starbuck

[DBD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
70 posts

Alexander Nevsky

How will we acquire this ship

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
4 hours ago, talbs said:

Alexander Nevsky

Per WGs dev blogs, you have to regrind Donskoi.

[PVE]
Members
12,534 posts
26,095 battles
7 hours ago, talbs said:

Alexander Nevsky

2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Per WGs dev blogs, you have to regrind Donskoi.

Kiz is correct. You have to grind the needed XP on Donskoi even if you already ground out Moskva in the past.

Just as a note you also have to grind the XP for the new T5 replacing Kirov on the T4 Svietlana even if you already had ground out Kirov.

No free ships comrade. All progress lost. 

• Cool 1