You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax

How would you "counter play" me?

425 comments in this topic

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles

So, here's a replay. An average game in Enterprise for myself and playing solo so no excuses about being in a triple unicum div etc etc. I make a mistake or 2, take it more casual than normal at the start. But what I want to know, is how YOU would have used Counter Play against me. I mean, according to some on this forum, it's easy right??

• Cool 13
  • Boring 8

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,895 battles

Did your team toss a plus 1 to their CV? :P

I get reported for not being everywhere on the map helping everybody at the same time. Lol

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles
3 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

At T7 & T8 I'd probably be in an Atlanta or a secondary Bismarck so I guess shot your planes.

I'd really like to say that would work. But It would not. Atlanta is nowhere near the AA beast it was. In fact it more than possible to land 3 full strikes in an Enty against an Atlanta and take it for 15k and half it's AA. The only fight a Bismark can put up is if it has fighter ready. Even then it's easy to bait or ignore. 

Edited by Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV
  • Cool 4

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

I didn't say it would work lol. Would probably have ended up like that Gneisneau.

Also, is that a Carrier specific music playlist haha. Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters seems too much of a co-incidence otherwise.

Edited by macktkau2

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles
4 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

I didn't say it would work lol. Would probably have ended up like that Gneisneau.

Also, is that a Carrier specific music playlist haha. Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters seems too much of a co-incidence otherwise.

You noticed the music choices! :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2

[WKY12]
Members
799 posts
12,901 battles

There is no counterplay. Hell I got decimated in Alaska by a CV. I was centrally located with other ships nearby. I didn't think he would come around but he picked me and didn't stop. I finally got away from him but not until beating the brakes off of me. 

• Cool 1

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles
6 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

You noticed the music choices! :fish_cute_2:

Don't have this in there?

[KWF]
Members
4,915 posts
6,598 battles

You are unicum, therefore any point you make is invalid. You represent 1% of the playerbase so you have no say in anything. Your knowledge of mechanics means you pull stuff the average Joe can't. I can therefore safely conclude that this video is fake and obviously anecdotal evidence that proves nothing.

Because that's how forums work.

On a bit more serious note, the DDs giving you a big surface to work with those rocket planes was a mistake that could be corrected without much trouble on their part.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 12

[CHASE]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,088 posts
9,921 battles

I'm just waiting for the pro-CV defenders to hop in and tell you everything that the enemy team could have done in one giant blob to defend solely against you :)

• Cool 13
  • Funny 10
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts

No wonder carriers are so op.... this carrier dont even have to aim?  wth I have a furious that I am horrable at playing it has cross hairs and a aiming circle if ur not aimed right you do not hit... what the heck this guy dont even have to aim... did it miss eve once?  There is def something wrong with this game.  

• Cool 2

Members
4,491 posts
20,688 battles

What's not to like about a ship that can grief anything, anywhere, anytime it wants?  Without any risk to itself.  Perfectly balanced.

Only counterplay is not the play, or wait for special game modes like this ranked season.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
Members
6,074 posts
18,533 battles

You are a unicum in a 6.9 match with the best T8 CV for that setup.

The 6.9 is very important here.  This isn't just a top tier match in a T8...it's a top tier in a T8 where there is an abundance of T6 ships AND the CV chosen is very effective against that match making.

Edit:  And if the T8s one does have are not particularly effective in the AA department, that's nigh disaster.  All the MM variables landed against the reds here.  A 6.9 match, with T8s weak in AA, against a unicum player running a CV that (even without a unicum) would turn a very good game. There are simply some matches where all the variables line up on one side.  Be it ships, skills or otherwise.  That's the game.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

You are a unicum in s 6.9 match with the best T8 CV for that setup.

The 6.9 is very important here.  This isn't just a top tier match in a T8...it's a top tier in a T8 where there is an abundance of T6 ships AND the CV chosen is very effective against that match making.

Looks like a t7 ship?  Not exactly clear but looks like 7.. either way is it way way OP

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
1 hour ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

So, here's a replay. An average game in Enterprise for myself and playing solo so no excuses about being in a triple unicum div etc etc. I make a mistake or 2, take it more casual than normal at the start. But what I want to know, is how YOU would have used Counter Play against me. I mean, according to some on this forum, it's easy right??

Ask this question again in a full Tier 8 environment. You are using what is widely regarded as the most OP CV in Tier 8 and there's the a reason you can't buy it in the shop anymore.

~Hunter

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
Members
6,074 posts
18,533 battles
7 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Looks like a t7 ship?  Not exactly clear but looks like 7.. either way is it way way OP

There is one T7...it's sitll a 6.9 match.

The match value is simply the average of all tiers in the match.  It is more reflective of the actual tier delta in the match.  For example, you can have 10 T8, 1 T7 and 1 T6 and it's a T6-T8 match with a match value of 7.75.  You can have 1 T8, 1 T7 and 10 T6 for  match value of 6.25.  Both matches are called T6-T8, but the match value clearly shows the 7.75 is weighted to the high side and the 6.25 is weighted to the low side.  A T8 CV in a 7.75 is not going to fair as well as a T8 CV in a  6.25 even though both matches are T6-T8.

Match value is a critical piece to understanding the ability of a top tier to do well.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts

it looked like a t7 to me but ur right it is 8 sry   its way to op...      

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Members
6,738 posts
21,145 battles
1 hour ago, macktkau2 said:

Don't have this in there?

whiskey tango...trot

My ears just manufactured a pound of wax to stop that sound.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
861 posts
1,261 battles

Considering that you were camping at the back of the map for almost the entire game, it's not exactly easy to counterplay you. But there were 2 main ways I could've counterplayed your team. The first is at the 12 minute mark, where your right flank(left on the minimap)is mostly collapsed. By the 10 minute mark I would most likely have been waiting on that side of the map. I don't consider you to be a big threat to my ship, I would just bypass you and go for the Baltimore. After killing him, I'd come back to cap A & kill you, forcing your team into a crossfire. If I had enough health remaining, B would be my next target.

Suppose that I didn't know where the Baltimore was? You'd be dead first.

If I wound up on the other side of the map, I would have probably waited at long range in the 9-10 column. Then by the 14 minute mark I would charge the Richelieu, sink him, and proceed to B. While capping I'd hide from gunfire & farm dmg on your planes. If the Baltimore took the bait, he'd be in a serious crossfire. No need to go after you. I'd just let you and the rest of your team come to me. I'd snipe at long range & let teammates with more hp do the hard work. Maybe sneak over to A if I knew all your positions.

If I was in a fast ship with good concealment, I could try to blitz straight up the middle at 4.5 minutes. But I'd be playing as a reactionist so it would be hard to tell what happens next.

• Funny 2

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,679 posts
2,621 battles

Notice how none of the CV apologists have mentioned how you could be counter played, they went straight into "But u wer top tier tho!"  Almost as if they know that there is no actual counterplay, or something.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles
38 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Ask this question again in a full Tier 8 environment. You are using what is widely regarded as the most OP CV in Tier 8 and there's the a reason you can't buy it in the shop anymore.

~Hunter

So you admit there was NO counter play available. Cheers.

• Cool 8

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles
24 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Considering that you were camping at the back of the map for almost the entire game, it's not exactly easy to counterplay you. But there were 2 main ways I could've counterplayed your team. The first is at the 12 minute mark, where your right flank(left on the minimap)is mostly collapsed. By the 10 minute mark I would most likely have been waiting on that side of the map. I don't consider you to be a big threat to my ship, I would just bypass you and go for the Baltimore. After killing him, I'd come back to cap A & kill you, forcing your team into a crossfire. If I had enough health remaining, B would be my next target.

Suppose that I didn't know where the Baltimore was? You'd be dead first.

If I wound up on the other side of the map, I would have probably waited at long range in the 9-10 column. Then by the 14 minute mark I would charge the Richelieu, sink him, and proceed to B. While capping I'd hide from gunfire & farm dmg on your planes. If the Baltimore took the bait, he'd be in a serious crossfire. No need to go after you. I'd just let you and the rest of your team come to me. I'd snipe at long range & let teammates with more hp do the hard work. Maybe sneak over to A if I knew all your positions.

If I was in a fast ship with good concealment, I could try to blitz straight up the middle at 4.5 minutes. But I'd be playing as a reactionist so it would be hard to tell what happens next.

Now how would any of them, the targets in game counter play me. And even then I doubt you’d manage your plan that you chose.

Members
861 posts
1,261 battles
13 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Now how would any of them, the targets in game counter play me.

Not exactly sure what you were trying to ask here. Elaborate please?

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,663 battles
2 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Not exactly sure what you were trying to ask here. Elaborate please?

The players in that game. What could they do to counter play my CV... not hard.