You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Compdizzle

Take Belfast out of Ranked or put it back in the shop

80 comments in this topic

[CHA0S]
Members
31 posts
9,116 battles

Ranked battle after ranked battle, I see Belfast topping the chart. Believe it or not, I don't have a problem with Belfast being a great ship. I've been able to play it before on an event account, and I loved that little boat. I don't think it needs to be nerfed further; I think it's perfect just the way it is.

The problem I have is that because Belfast isn't available in the shop anymore, there is an unfair advantage to people who already have a Belfast. It is easier for them to rank up, provided they don't have a potato team, of course.  And, lets be honest with ourselves, you can be good player, but a boat that is as powerful as Belfast makes a good player a great player and  a great player a unicum. 

My solution is this, temporarily put Belfast back in the shop for the same price it was available for when it was first introduced. Let everybody have a chance to play a Belfast in ranked.

That said, if WG doesn't want to put Belfast back in the game, I'd like to see it not allowed in Ranked battles. It's just too powerful of a ship and due to the unavailability of it, it does create unfair advantages if both teams don't have one.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 14

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,895 battles

I'm only at Rank 7. But from Rank 12 to where I'm at right now, I've only seen a Belfast be top of the team one time (and I know the player and he'd probably be top of the team in any ship he played LOL).

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
14 minutes ago, Compdizzle said:

That said, if WG doesn't want to put Belfast back in the game, I'd like to see it not allowed in Ranked battles. It's just too powerful of a ship and due to the unavailability of it, it does create unfair advantages if both teams don't have one.

You might not know but this exact same thread has been started every tier-VII Ranked season. In a free-to-play game you sometimes get exactly what you pay for. Those who purchased a Belfast are getting good value for their money. If you think that the ship is "OP" and don't like facing it then wait until those who are playing it rank out, which they should do soon enough.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
18,389 battles

it's just a noob friendly ship, nothing too special about it.....

also, would you argue the same for flint?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,945 posts
26,466 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You might not know but this exact same thread has been started every tier-VII Ranked season. In a free-to-play game you sometimes get exactly what you pay for. Those who purchased a Belfast are getting good value for their money. If you think that the ship is "OP" and don't like facing it then wait until those who are playing it rank out, which they should do soon enough.

The few times I’ve seen Belfast, and Sinop for that matter; they’ve not made much of a difference. If anything, with a single exception, the Belfast drivers didn’t seem to know what they were doing.

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts

Every ranked season will have favorites or OP ships.  With so few ships in a battle they can have disproportionate advantage.  That's the nature of ranked.  

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts
1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

it's just a noob friendly ship, nothing too special about it.....

also, would you argue the same for flint?

Radar on Belfast makes a big difference.  

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,313 posts

Fiji counters Belfast pretty good, especially when you catch one with Conquerors Disease (i.e. only spams h.e.) in a broadside duel 

• Cool 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,900 posts
11,670 battles
25 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Every ranked season will have favorites or OP ships.  With so few ships in a battle they can have disproportionate advantage.  That's the nature of ranked.  

This^^^^+1

[CHA0S]
Members
31 posts
9,116 battles
28 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Obviously, you are correct. What I'm trying to say is that when a ranked event comes along, we should all have access to the same ships for the same cost. 

• Boring 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,385 battles

It makes me wonder if Wargaming had been allowed to nerf premiums (as per the Giulio Cesare attempted rebalance) if this issue would be as prevalent now.  I imagine it would still be around, just to a lesser degree.  Something will always be 'best' after all.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,900 posts
11,670 battles
2 minutes ago, Compdizzle said:

Obviously, you are correct. What I'm trying to say is that when a ranked event comes along, we should all have access to the same ships for the same cost. 

IMHO If you have the ship you should be able to play it . It's a tier 7 ship it's not peoples fault the ship is very strong and is not available any more . If you bought it or won it or have it you should be able to play it . 

Why should we would all have access to the same ships at the same cost some people been her since the beginning . They have ships that are long gone they not allowed to play them because we cant get them . 

I don't see the Belfast that often or even doing that much when they are there . The ship De Jour is the Sinop and anybody can get that tech tree ship and people are still crying .

[KIA-C]
Members
24 posts
7,778 battles

1 hour ago, Compdizzle said:

My solution is this, temporarily put Belfast back in the shop for the same price it was available for when it was first introduced. Let everybody have a chance to play a Belfast in ranked.

WG reduces the number of Belfast players through gradual attrition of veteran players. This is done by removing the ship from the premium shop and the number of Belfast players will go down over time.

Now, if you reintroduce the ship, the number of Belfast running around will go back up again, which defeats the original purpose of removing a ship. 

• Cool 2

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

You might not know but this exact same thread has been started every tier-VII Ranked season. In a free-to-play game you sometimes get exactly what you pay for. Those who purchased a Belfast are getting good value for their money. If you think that the ship is "OP" and don't like facing it then wait until those who are playing it rank out, which they should do soon enough

This suggestion is the equivilant of "just bend over. and take it up the ***"

No, WG needs to stop sitting on their hands when it comes to premiums. If they are not balanced, they should be fixed and become obtainable in some form. If they are balanced, obtainable. (And no, Belfast is not balanced if it has a 60% win rate.)

This buisness model is incredibly stupid, "make a few happy to piss off the majority." Do these people have any idea how much more money they would make if they fixed Missouri, Enterprise, Giulio, Musashi, Fujin, Kamikaze, Belfast, ect, ect, ect and put them up for sale/became obtainable? They would have more, happier players which means more customers making them more money.

For the record, I have an enterprise. I know it's broke as all **** and it needs a nerf hard. In addition, if I had the choice of either taking an nerfed Enterprise so I can get a fixed Missouri, or keeping a broke Enterprise, I'm taking the nerfs.

Edited by Tyberius_D
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,385 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

No, WG needs to stop sitting on their hands when it comes to premiums.

They tried.  Because they had sold premiums under the pretense of "they don't get nerfed", the community very understandably pushed back.

• Cool 5

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,986 battles

It isn't a level playing field when some have access to ships others do not, e.g. Belfast.

I haven't seen too many Belfasts though.

Me thinks most who have Belfast have already quit the game.

Belfast isn't the beast it was in the prior T7 ranked season.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
5,406 posts
8,897 battles

Worry about your own performance and stop pointing your finger at other ships. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They tried.  Because they had sold premiums under the pretense of "they don't get nerfed", the community very understandably pushed back.

If there was any problem WG needs to address while ignoring the community it is this one. This is a short term problem and a long term solution. (Not to mention in the TOS is says the ships can be changed how and when WG pleases.)

Consistantly we see things that bring short term solutions at the cost of long term problems, and it's clear where that ends up (just see WoTs.)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
42 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

This buisness model is incredibly stupid

The free-to-play or "freemium" business model is simply brilliant and generates well over $500 million a year for Wargaming. Conversely, Microsoft used a different business model once and had to close down an entire gaming studio.

[THOR]
Members
507 posts

I have Payfast and don't play It much. I just dont have much fun with playstyle. Take it out on a blue moon. I try to play ships that I enjoy and it clicks. 

[FORM]
Members
226 posts
1,640 battles
2 hours ago, jason199506 said:

it's just a noob friendly ship, nothing too special about it..... also, would you argue the same for flint?

Flint has smoke and radar? Because that's what "special" about the Payfast.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,666 battles

Maybe we play at different times, but almost all of the Belfast's I've seen so far end up getting taken out because they put themselves in a poor position. It's not this automatic-win-wonder some people make it out to be, the ability to use it, playing to all of it's strengths, isn't something average (or poor) players tend to do. In capable hands, it's very strong. In the hands of those who smoke up the second any enemy appears within gun range and immediately waste a radar charge, not so much.

• Cool 3

[WOLF4]
Members
895 posts
12,330 battles

I have Belfast, and played some matches in this season of ranked with it.

It's a good boat, for sure - but for effectiveness - I've been finding Indy to be my go-to ship.

• Cool 2

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,395 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Worry about your own performance and stop pointing your finger at other ships. 

lol, this is your one and only response to every single post. 

53 minutes ago, Brohk said:

Maybe we play at different times, but almost all of the Belfast's I've seen so far end up getting taken out because they put themselves in a poor position. It's not this automatic-win-wonder some people make it out to be, the ability to use it, playing to all of it's strengths, isn't something average (or poor) players tend to do. In capable hands, it's very strong. In the hands of those who smoke up the second any enemy appears within gun range and immediately waste a radar charge, not so much.

This about sums it up.

I think the reason you hear so much complaining about Belfast in ranked is that it gets really frustrating to play against all the time, and there is a distinct advantage when on team has a Belf and the other does not.

Just put an operations-style timer on ships for ranked and it would help alleviate the issue. 

• Cool 1

[KILL]
Members
998 posts
11,536 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The need to institute an early access sale.  For one year after the launch of a new ship,  The buyer is aware that the ship might be nerfed.   After that it's sold as gold version as in, set for life.    So the buyer makes the decision,   buy a year early and risk nerfs or wait till it's set in stone.    Either way it's like two launch sales advertisement alerts for WGing sure to generate even more revenue.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1