You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EmeraldShard

World of Sinops

46 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
9 posts
2,864 battles

I'm really tired of seeing Sinops in T7 Ranked. Now I'm not asking to ban a goddamn ship from Ranked or nerf the hell outta it, I'm asking for the next Ranked Season to be T10 (again), primarily because of the Sinops. 

In the hands of a good player and with Kuznetsov, a bow-tanking Sinop becomes practically immortal. If you want to sink him you need a large part of your team to focus fire and not to mention the thing is practically immune to HE dmg (apart from KGV, Nelson, and Myoko) and AP due to the Icebreaker taking up have of the Bow. 

Now the Sinop doesn't really have a large weakness when bow-tanking (apart from citadel and torps) while other T7 BBs suffer from crap armor (Nagato), constant fires (German BBs), and no overmatch + crap accuracy (Lyon). The only other T7 BBs than can compete are maybe the Germans and the British.

SinOP :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 4

[FRR]
Members
786 posts
12 minutes ago, EmeraldShard said:

In the hands of a good player and with Kuznetsov, a bow-tanking Sinop becomes practically immortal. If you want to sink him you need a large part of your team to focus fire and not to mention the thing is practically immune to HE dmg (apart from KGV, Nelson, and Myoko) and AP due to the Icebreaker taking up have of the Bow. 

I think Sinop should get a buff. 

:Smile_trollface:

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.05.21 - 02.33.45.48.png

• Boring 1

Members
3,315 posts
16,572 battles
22 minutes ago, EmeraldShard said:

I'm really tired of seeing Sinops in T7 Ranked. Now I'm not asking to ban a goddamn ship from Ranked or nerf the hell outta it, I'm asking for the next Ranked Season to be T10 (again), primarily because of the Sinops. 

Now the Sinop doesn't really have a large weakness when bow-tanking (apart from citadel and torps) while other T7 BBs suffer from crap armor (Nagato), constant fires (German BBs), and no overmatch + crap accuracy (Lyon). The only other T7 BBs than can compete are maybe the Germans and the British.

Sinop like all other BBs has a weakness, fire. I played my KGV in ranks and did quite well. I managed to burn most of the Sinops like floating candles. Play KGV from mid range and use it's repair wisely because it can have 5 lives. 

Members
139 posts
2,600 battles
21 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Sinop like all other BBs has a weakness, fire. I played my KGV in ranks and did quite well. I managed to burn most of the Sinops like floating candles. Play KGV from mid range and use it's repair wisely because it can have 5 lives. 

Not really. You can practically spam repair and put out fires back to back. I've done it and it's been done to me. Sinop is really powerful, probably op for its tier. 

• Cool 2

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
42 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The KGV is the BB counter to a Sinop. But the Sinop is OP for ranked, because all the disadvantages are gone because the maps are small, so range is not an issue, and flanking is harder because the maps are small. There is not much reason to take any other BB than a Sinop. If a person is not good enough to unlock multiple BB lines, then that person will not have fun in ranked anyway.

• Funny 1

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles
3 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

point them out and gang burn them down....

Bit hard when you are up against three. It's not as if they are going to burn down in a minute.

[FORM]
Members
1,825 posts
12,172 battles
2 hours ago, EmeraldShard said:

I'm really tired of seeing Sinops in T7 Ranked.

While I don't think the Sinop is as severely OP as the Belfast (granted I'm mostly playing my DDs in ranked...) I do find the lack of variety a bit annoying. I wonder if WoWS instituted the same kind of ship cool down they use for operations might be a good way to encourage folks to vary it up more.

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles
15 minutes ago, TheArc said:

While I don't think the Sinop is as severely OP as the Belfast (granted I'm mostly playing my DDs in ranked...) I do find the lack of variety a bit annoying. I wonder if WoWS instituted the same kind of ship cool down they use for operations might be a good way to encourage folks to vary it up more.

At higher tiers especially 9 and 10 this could lock players out for a while. At T6 where missions tend to be who doesn't have an endless collection of T6's? Even T7 most people who've played a while have a few of those. But at T9 or T10 if you have one ship you'd be forced to take a half hour break every single game. Also to say a cooling down Sinop wouldn't just be replaced by another Sinop of a player who wasn't cooling down? If everyone logged on at the same time this would be good but wouldn't the team configurations be pretty much the same if not everyone's cooling down at the same time?

T7's got a lot of variety it's WG's fault they make ships that a huge percentage of the population will pick cause it so obviously gives them the best chance to win. Can't blame someone for using an OP tool at their disposal. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,298 posts

Haven't been having much problems facing Sinmop in ranked so far, RU BBs are (at least at t5 thru 8, the only ones i have lol ) one trick ponys, now they're good at that trick BUT  if you play in ways that don't allow them to play it they are pretty toothless.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,273 posts
9,857 battles
3 hours ago, EmeraldShard said:

British are the only BBs that have a SMALL chance against it because of their repair and massive HE damage..since HE pretty much ignores armor. 

Gneis and Scharnhorst cant take a Sinop .. they cant do more than 3k a volley to its bias bow armor while sinop's bias guns slam back for 10k or more to the german BB's bows every salvo. Since german boats would have to angle to use secondaries that takes them out of the picture. The torps are the only MAYBE thing but that means they need to again, angle at very close range to chuck them...and sinop's magicbias guns somehow are able to citadel turtleback armor ships at near point blank range. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
393 posts
17,257 battles
2 hours ago, Xanthro said:

Bit hard when you are up against three. It's not as if they are going to burn down in a minute.

you forgot to add in a Belfast and atlanta or flint then a dd can smoke the atlanta and have the radars by island or behind because the radcar goes thru the island then be on the team without radar. I know it goes both ways but still.

[BNRJ]
Members
113 posts
5,113 battles

Just got mangled by a sinop playing gneisenau.  I hit him 9 times for 13k, and he hit me 16 times for 40k damage (he got off more shots as I was shooting others - the point is the damage per round). we were both angled. It gets a bit tiring when you're stuck at rank 15 for 17 matches today in part because of things like this that've been happening all day.

Edited by John370
spelling
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles

remember all those crying out that tier 10 was the most unbalanced tier? once you have experienced playing each tier in a competitive ( loose term for ranked very very very loose term) environment you will see how much more variety tier 10 has.

• Boring 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,298 posts
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Gneis and Scharnhorst cant take a Sinop .

WHUUUUUUT?????????????????????????????

[FORM]
Members
1,825 posts
12,172 battles
8 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

At higher tiers especially 9 and 10 this could lock players out for a while. At T6 where missions tend to be who doesn't have an endless collection of T6's? Even T7 most people who've played a while have a few of those.

Operations don't actually "lock" ships, they just charge you credits to use them again in the operation for around 20 mins. So you can take another ship, pay the cost, or play a random match or two to kill the time. Either way, this is talking about tier 7, the handful of OP ships isn't quite the same at tier 10... though there were definitely a lot of Smolensks IIRC.

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles
7 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Operations don't actually "lock" ships, they just charge you credits to use them again in the operation for around 20 mins. So you can take another ship, pay the cost, or play a random match or two to kill the time. Either way, this is talking about tier 7, the handful of OP ships isn't quite the same at tier 10... though there were definitely a lot of Smolensks IIRC.

I wasn't aware of being able to pay through the cool down. Never clicked on a locked down ship before so maybe that's it. In which case yeah never mind. 

Only USSR BB I have is Gangut more so as a collectors item than something I intend to use. But from how I hear people talking about them under the impression the Sinop rage is only cause were in T7 ranked and if not the rage would go back to Smolensnk, Kremlin and co(the Big Bears). 

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Welcome to t7 ranked where Sinop is the only meta tech tree ship. Every other meta ship is premium, some of which aren't sold anymore.

[NET]
Beta Testers
555 posts
5,906 battles

sinops dont fear to well against my japanese fish. bbs sitting still bow tanking make for easy targets.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles
12 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

And while you're wasting countless salvos trying to burn down the BB, the Sinop has no issues actually being useful, by slapping your cruisers, nailing DDs, and helping with pushing objectives. I think it's pretty evident that burning BBs from range is the least effective role in ranked. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,315 posts
16,572 battles
14 hours ago, Aduial said:

And while you're wasting countless salvos trying to burn down the BB, the Sinop has no issues actually being useful, by slapping your cruisers, nailing DDs, and helping with pushing objectives. I think it's pretty evident that burning BBs from range is the least effective role in ranked. 

Burning BBs from range is very effective. I have over 13,000 battles behind me and I can assure you that it works very well with certain RN BBs. I use HE almost exclusively with KGV and average 100-150k damage per battle (mostly fires). 

It all comes down to the player and how well they know and can play their ships. The average player these days is more concerned with getting tier 10 ships in record time than bothering to learn how to play any particular line or ship. I have both Sinop and KGV and play both. Given a choice I'll take KGV every time.