You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BoghieWanKanobie

Elite Commander XP - How did I earn any???

13 comments in this topic

Members
223 posts
1,122 battles

Probably a very easy question...

My Google and forum searches tell me that I have to have a 19 point captain to earn Elite Commander XP.  The highest point captain I have are 10 pointers.  However, I have almost 7K in Elite Commander XP.  

• How did I get that without any 19 point captains?
  • And, if I got it through luck (maybe containers?) would it be best to save it for when I really need it?

Or, am I earning it just by participating...  I have a silly little DD captain at Tier III (my highest non-premium played is Tier IV, so...) that I can skill up right not with a 3 point skill using Elite Commander XP.  If that XP is very rare I really don't want to use it right now.  I would want to save it for a higher level skill.  However, if I earn it in some mundane way I might think of using it.  I want all my active ships to be in Tier IV and V by the end of the weekend - and, I use Tier III for the 3pt skill. 

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

You can get it from campaigns and various directive/mission rewards.

Right now, just save it and use it to get the first captain to 19 points when you're on 18 and a half or whatever.

Edited by macktkau2

[TDRB]
Members
5,153 posts
13,741 battles

You can get Elite Commander XP from daily missions, directive missions, special events such as Halloween & space battles and sometimes in crates.

Members
223 posts
1,122 battles

Awesome,

Will save it for when I really need it then.  Didn't want to get flippant with it if earning it is difficult.  And, if I don't control the earn I don't want to count on getting more of it...

[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,212 battles
16 minutes ago, BoghieWanKanobie said:

Awesome,

Will save it for when I really need it then.  Didn't want to get flippant with it if earning it is difficult.  And, if I don't control the earn I don't want to count on getting more of it...

Taking a captain from 10 pts to 19 pts requires about 1.5 million ECXP if that helps your understanding of the scaling levels.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Once you get your first 19 point captain play him/her a bit and build up more commander XP. Then you'll be able to get your next one quicker.

It may seem like a grind but it's worth it.

Members
167 posts
1,896 battles
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Once you get your first 19 point captain play him/her a bit and build up more commander XP. Then you'll be able to get your next one quicker.

It may seem like a grind but it's worth it.

SneakyDevil makes the best point about commander XP. Work hard on one commander, get him to 19 skill points and then all of the commander XP he earns in battles can be used on other Captains to accelerate their training. Great for when you go up a tier to make them fully trained right away if you want, instead of having to grind the XP or spend gold to get them there as well as quickly increasing Captain skill points.

[GWG]
Members
85 posts
5,670 battles

YYou got it from the daily missions on days ending in either '4' or '9'.

LIKE TODAY

It's the third part of the combat mission.  You can earn 4000 on these days.

EliteXP.jpg

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
943 posts
10,713 battles

When WG runs events like Halloween or rogue wave from last year play as many games as you can. You typically get a 19 pt captain with whatever event ship they give so every game all the xp is ecxp 

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

Special events such as Halloweens, Space Battles...etc grant you 19 point captains, so all the commander XP you earn on these events is for you to keep as Elite Commander XP. 

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,912 battles
2 hours ago, BoghieWanKanobie said:

Awesome,

Your first 19 point captain is hard. You second is work. After that, suddenly you realize you have a dozen 19 point captains.

Seriously, it is so much easier after the first 19 point captain. 

• Cool 2

Members
223 posts
1,122 battles
2 hours ago, Xanthro said:

Your first 19 point captain is hard. You second is work. After that, suddenly you realize you have a dozen 19 point captains.

Seriously, it is so much easier after the first 19 point captain. 

I'm kinda still trying to get my HP in damage...

Me thinks I'm a little ways off from minting 19 Point Captains:Smile_playing: