Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kuramitsu

Z-39 in Rank.....not bad

12 comments in this topic

[LLF]
Beta Testers
575 posts

So I had a decent game in Rank tonight...erm I mean this morning, in my Z-39 and I have to say it was not bad. Granted its late in the night and its the only time I get to play due to my job and being a first time dad, but hey its worth it. Anyway here is a recording of that match and some screenshots afterwards. Also during the match my baby woke up for a bit so you will see me go afk for a minute, but I do announce this to my teammates. My little one just needed to be adjusted to help fall back asleep she doesn't like sleeping on her back.

(Yes I know I didn't block out the names in the video, I honestly don't know how to do that in a video.)

1419259126_rankz391.thumb.png.90c4b1c5bdc7f057eff1d752ef55e755.png

1035953750_rankz392.thumb.png.2119c6658a5221c0b99d7dd3435ccee8.png

539934898_rankz393.thumb.png.04c1e18924dc08ebdc3328ffc60e2765.png

315653378_Z39thug.thumb.png.670351a2ba7cc31acbf208976a3a8b37.png

That's it, I hope you enjoyed it.

I also wouldn't mind some feedback on my match I know I must've missed something or could have done differently. I very much appreciate you all in advance.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,666 battles

I had some initial success with the Z39 while going from Rank 18 to 10. The absolutely monstrous health pool (22,050 with SE), hydro, decent torpedoes and concealment were enough to get me through those first 8 ranks. The 150mm guns always seemed to surprise broadside ships that got too close. It performed very well for me and I carried a few games, largely on the strength of the health pool.

After rank 10.... eh, it was a different story. I didn't win a single game in it after Rank 10. Those 150's have just too long of a reload to try and win any type of DD vs. DD engagement. Other DD's that out-gun me (literally just about everything except maybe IJN DD's?) did not fear this ship and I seemed to be pressed pretty hard by them. Maybe I was just playing on tilt at the time, maybe I'm just not good enough to make it work past rank 10, which seems to be the threshold for try-harding to begin, but I had to give up on it and play something else. 

Members
6,778 posts
21,181 battles

Its the highest performing ship in the game concerning WR. The caps and maps are so small, it's hydro is really more like a 1:40 long radar.

[LANCE]
Members
837 posts
6,207 battles

@Kuramitsu

You had a blinding game that game mate. I was in the Jervis that got blatted when the Atlanta made the “surprise” push into B ... my mistake as it was the 2nd time in that match I’d got caught with my pants down ... “just the wrong guy, in the wrong place at the wrong time!”.

Thanks for the carry mate!

BTW, as I said in the match, real life > pixel ships no matter the game mode so taking care of your daughter was a priority over winning the game. It was commendable in chat for you to say that!

Good luck mate and hope you can push through the ranks!!

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
2 hours ago, Brohk said:

I had some initial success with the Z39 while going from Rank 18 to 10. The absolutely monstrous health pool (22,050 with SE), hydro, decent torpedoes and concealment were enough to get me through those first 8 ranks. The 150mm guns always seemed to surprise broadside ships that got too close. It performed very well for me and I carried a few games, largely on the strength of the health pool.

After rank 10.... eh, it was a different story. I didn't win a single game in it after Rank 10. Those 150's have just too long of a reload to try and win any type of DD vs. DD engagement. Other DD's that out-gun me (literally just about everything except maybe IJN DD's?) did not fear this ship and I seemed to be pressed pretty hard by them. Maybe I was just playing on tilt at the time, maybe I'm just not good enough to make it work past rank 10, which seems to be the threshold for try-harding to begin, but I had to give up on it and play something else. 

If I remember right, IJN dds out DPM you, gun wise.

[LLF]
Beta Testers
575 posts
1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

@Kuramitsu

You had a blinding game that game mate. I was in the Jervis that got blatted when the Atlanta made the “surprise” push into B ... my mistake as it was the 2nd time in that match I’d got caught with my pants down ... “just the wrong guy, in the wrong place at the wrong time!”.

Thanks for the carry mate!

BTW, as I said in the match, real life > pixel ships no matter the game mode so taking care of your daughter was a priority over winning the game. It was commendable in chat for you to say that!

Good luck mate and hope you can push through the ranks!!

Thanks friend, yea it was 1am for me and I didn't want my daughter to wake up my wife, luckily she went back down for another hour before I had to feed her. I apologies that I couldn't block out your name for privacy, I don't own a video editor.

[LANCE]
Members
837 posts
6,207 battles
2 hours ago, Kuramitsu said:

Thanks friend, yea it was 1am for me and I didn't want my daughter to wake up my wife, luckily she went back down for another hour before I had to feed her. I apologies that I couldn't block out your name for privacy, I don't own a video editor.

Totally understand mate. 1am for me too so was getting a bit “end of the day” sloppy.

Dont worry about the names not being blocked. I recognized your name and in your description regarding your daughter and not worried about being named! It’s all good :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Members
861 posts
5,902 battles

Lol Z-39 is a monster in ranked if you know how to use it. A lot of players don’t use it’s strengths properly. You should lose almost zero 1 v 1s vs an aggressive enemy DDs thanks to smoke and hydro. I’m sitting at a 65% win rate in my Z going from rank 18 to almost rank 8. More experienced enemy captains will be able to avoid a lot of its strengths but many won’t. The guns are ok but the torps are solid for their tier with a reasonable reload allowing for position bullying. I was going to take Sinop or Scharn out this season but I’m glad I went with Z. 

[SLDR]
Members
287 posts
11,218 battles
7 hours ago, Brohk said:

My experience is the same as you.  Easy going up to rank 10 in Z39.  After that, absolutely atrocious.  Have not been able to to achieve rank 9.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
3 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

I just got to rank 10 to without ever loosing a star in Z-39.

What is happening below rank 10? Why Z-39 becomes a losing ship?

Your running into better players able to play the concealment game or not dumb enough to charge into your hydro.

Sign in to follow this