You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Next Season of Ranked Has to Be 1 vs 1

11 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

With the current Ranked season and the rest of the seasons in the last couple years getting progressively worse. The time has absolutely arrived for 1 vs 1 matches where if a player is good they progress if they are clueless or intentionally stupid then they pay the price instead of of the serious players.

Ranked would become a far more pleasant affair, WG would still see plenty of OP ships purchased to try and obtain an edge, and WG may see less players rage quitting the game as well.

Members
985 posts
4,091 battles

Keep dreaming.

Ranked IS random FTR. Just with less players and wg allows anyone to play, even those that share their accounts with their kids that have no clue what to do.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,249 posts
21,677 battles

I just play a ship that guarantees the team can't lose. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,908 posts
26,428 battles

Who cares.

Ranked has never been fun; just temporary insanity while trying to get a useless flag.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Who cares.

Ranked has never been fun; just temporary insanity while trying to get a useless flag.

The steel and doubloon rewards are far from useless.

[RLGN]
Members
14,908 posts
26,428 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The steel and doubloon rewards are far from useless.

Depends on how you define that.

Number of Steel ships I care for; zero.

How many doubloons is stress caused by the yoyo idiocy of just trying to string two freeaking wins in a row worth; zero.

Therefore such rewards hold no value to me, and are useless.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Depends on how you define that.

Number of Steel ships I care for; zero.

How many doubloons is stress caused by the yoyo idiocy of just trying to string two freeaking wins in a row worth; zero.

Therefore such rewards hold no value to me, and are useless.

What about signal flags? You can easily enough get 300+ of various signal flags each day from Ranked by sunmoly getting High Caliber, Confederate, Fire Proof, and  Dreadnought awards. I have found they are far more consistently earned from Ranked battles than Randoms. And  those are certainly a major reason for me to stay with Ranked despite the miserable teams. I already secured the 250 doubloons, the 2 Star Ranked flag, and all previous rewards from the below ranks so I can relax and just farm Ranked for the achievement ps and the flags that come with them. Then I will be stocked up for a while again.

One of these days I need to figure out how to add double strikes to the list of flags U farm, and oerhaos Krajen Unleashed as well. Although farming the latter too much in Ranked could cause me to accidentally Rank out and cut my farming season short lol.

[RLGN]
Members
14,908 posts
26,428 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What about signal flags? You can easily enough get 300+ of various signal flags each day from Ranked by sunmoly getting High Caliber, Confederate, Fire Proof, and  Dreadnought awards. I have found they are far more consistently earned from Ranked battles than Randoms. And  those are certainly a major reason for me to stay with Ranked despite the miserable teams. I already secured the 250 doubloons, the 2 Star Ranked flag, and all previous rewards from the below ranks so I can relax and just farm Ranked for the achievement ps and the flags that come with them. Then I will be stocked up for a while again.

One of these days I need to figure out how to add double strikes to the list of flags U farm, and oerhaos Krajen Unleashed as well. Although farming the latter too much in Ranked could cause me to accidentally Rank out and cut my farming season short lol.

You must be driving battleships.

Since my positioning sense with those is complete garbage, and I always seem to get the incompetents who couldn’t hit a destroyer if it ran into them; doing so is pointless.

Cruisers are also way out.

That leaves destroyers.

Since my positioning sense in those is only marginally better, and I’m not some destroyer, Fred Astaire-like savant, none of those rewards come with any regularity, even if I do well.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-VT-]
Members
752 posts
34,220 battles

Aww, boys, Ranked is fun and the best part of WoWs.  Grab your ship and some random mates and come meet me on the seas.