Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Low-tier DDs vs CVs

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Not one, but two CVs attacked this DD for 5 minutes and never sank it. It sank one of them though.

image.thumb.png.7996bc8a5bb16a9a945dde9820852ac6.png

Sure, there are a lot of CVs at low tiers but unless you get a unicum seal clubber driving one there's really not much to worry about when facing them.

Here's another interaction.

shot-20_05.23_19.54_05-0941.jpg.45975fe0d06eb084a304f507f9f57d26.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

Members
890 posts
14,136 battles

Anecdotal evidence.

I could show you countless "interactions" that take significantly less than 5 minutes and end in the DD's destruction.

Move on Skip Bayless. Keep that post count up. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
22 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Anecdotal evidence.

Many of you here just use the term "anecdotal evidence" as catchphrase to "disprove" anything you don't like. However, you really need to learn exactly what the term means. Just because evidence is anecdotal doesn't necessarily make it biased or worthless. Many types of anecdotal evidence are verifiable and thus can be used to back up a rational argument or as preliminary data in a scientific study. For instance, when I was studying at a Medical Center I had to present weekly case studies on my patients. This was anecdotal evidence. When I was doing field research I kept a journal, as all scientists do, of my day-to-day scientific activities and observations. This also was anecdotal evidence. A lot of historical evidence is anecdotal too.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,374 posts

EPIC Battle worthy of the DD Hall of Fame.....  

I just get the brutal beat down at lower TEARS!!!!   They see a DD, then the name.....message each other.....I become fish food.    Tier 8,9, 10 the cost is a bit more to attack a DD and I got zero complaints against CV'ers.    My response since CV rework has been the problem is solved and if you intend to play DD you need to play Tier 10.   Knowing what the "P" key does is VERY helpful. 

I bet the DD players in the pictures have mastered the "P" key....

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 minute ago, thebigblue said:

Good post snarg. I can't seem to hit the slippery little buggers when I'm in Langley or Hosho. 

I've played so much at tier X and gotten so used to how the aiming is there that I can hardly hit anything when I go down to the low tiers.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles
53 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not one, but two CVs attacked this DD for 5 minutes and never sank it. It sank one of them though.

Sure, there are a lot of CVs at low tiers but unless you get a unicum seal clubber driving one there's really not much to worry about when facing them.

So wait two CVs attack a DD and can't sink it but DD ends up sinking one of them :Smile_amazed: 

7O7m6UK.jpg

According to DD bros, CV are OP and can one-shot DDs out of the water though :Smile_popcorn:Could it be possible that bad DD players over exaggerated things and just get rekt by CVs because they suck and CVs are not OP :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
32 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

So wait two CVs attack a DD and can't sink it but DD ends up sinking one of them :Smile_amazed: 

7O7m6UK.jpg

According to DD bros, CV are OP and can one-shot DDs out of the water though :Smile_popcorn:Could it be possible that bad DD players over exaggerated things and just get rekt by CVs because they suck and CVs are not OP :Smile-_tongue:

They'll just say those CV's were potato's.  As they do with everything in order to defend their argument that CV's are OP.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Supertester
309 posts
12,876 battles

If you want anecdotal evidence, I occasionally touch low tiers to try out test ships. 

I've seen a DD lose 80% of his HP in the first 3 minutes of the match because 2 CVs buzzed him. I've also been that DD that tries to play the objective only to eat a 3k rocket salvo when I have 10k HP. Totally fun btw. 

I have also seen CVs who utter fail at basic predictions and cannot hit a stationary DD to save his ship. I have literally yolo rushed and killed CVs because he kept torping and AP DBing me and dealing no damage. But I still don't say DDs are ok vs CVs, I just say the CV player has no idea how to play CVs as he never realized what rockets are capable of. If I'm relying on my enemies to screw up heavily in order to win, I don't think it's a fair matchup to begin with.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,191 posts
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

(I have no issue with CVs being in game, but I do feel some changes are needed.)

But I really don't see the point in posts like these?

As the very first person who replied stated, it is one game. And for this one particularly example you can have multiple ones that shows a DD caught at the beginning, concentrated on by one CV, but taking fire from many, so dying - could easily be provided.

Having seen your proof and knowing the game, I'm more inclined to tip my hat to DD player.

We all know what the DD/CV interaction is like, and we ALL know it isn't the end of the world. But we also know that the majority of examples will not be those examples you give, but rather more like the one I gave.

Apart from the very first reply post I haven't bothered reading the rest of the thread, we ALL know how it will go.

:Smile_honoring:

• Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,121 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Oink... Dear Dude Sganfl Fargle : Let's imagine 3 new players, they grind up to TIV... Now one of them plays a surface ship, let's say a DD and the other two CVs. Imagine what will happen to the DD... Unless he is permanently under smoke, his own or a team mate, he is simply death. Of course, after playing 50 battles, the situation might change. Dude Sgnirfl Fongr, I'm sure you will agree with Me, Supreme Commander and Leader of the clan [PIG] and Pig of Pigs.

Pork ribs week-end? 

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this