You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

New Ranked Favorite

13 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,888 battles

Last time we did tier 7 ranked I reached number 1 with the Italian Cruiser Abruzzi. This season Sinops have taken over ranked so I was trying all kinds of different ships to counter The Russian BB.

Personally I don't care for the Sinop's play style so I struggled using Scharnhorst, Haida, Lyon etc. Finally I have found success in a BB you don't see to often in ranked let alone random play anymore. The IJN Ashitaka. 19.9 Gun range and 410 mm. 

This BB is accurate at extreme range and her guns hit a ton! HE is decent against DD's and my secondaries are ok since I put my 19 point Yamato Captain on her. She is fast and when angled correctly can take punishment. She is also turtle backed, so while taking damage at close range she is hard to citadel and her guns penetrate damn well. I am up to rank 9 now and am looking forward to see how far she can get me up the ranks. Those of you who have her, give her a ride and see what you think. GLHF! 

Edited by GSXstage1
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,855 posts
26,383 battles

Sinops must be prevalent in the upper tiers.

I just started. (T16-14,) and I’ve hardly seen any of them. I may have seen more Indianapolis’.

[SALVO]
Members
5,187 posts
4,474 battles
7 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Finally I have found success in a BB you don't see to often in ranked let alone random play anymore. The IJN Ashitaka. 19.9 Gun range and 410 mm. 

This BB is accurate at extreme range and her guns hit a ton! 

So you snipe at long range in Ranked, cool. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,888 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So you snipe at long range in Ranked, cool. :cap_hmm:

My Detection in the Ashitaka is over 15k .Lol. I doubt I Snipe at anything!

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
18,345 battles

IRuqeN7.png

image.thumb.png.a6183081d7a849e6d950d09017c57dfa.png

it's not that big of a secret if you just go look at server stats(that many people for whatever reason just hate)

ashitaka is currently the highest win rate BB in this season of ranked, with ashitaka/nelson/sinop being the only 3 above 53% wr

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,555 battles
15 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Last time we did tier 7 ranked I reached number 1 with the Italian Cruiser Abruzzi. This season Sinops have taken over ranked so I was trying all kinds of different ships to counter The Russian BB.

Personally I don't care for the Sinop's play style so I struggled using Scharnhorst, Haida, Lyon etc. Finally I have found success in a BB you don't see to often in ranked let alone random play anymore. The IJN Ashitaka. 19.9 Gun range and 410 mm. 

This BB is accurate at extreme range and her guns hit a ton! HE is decent against DD's and my secondaries are ok since I put my 19 point Yamato Captain on her. She is fast and when angled correctly can take punishment. She is also turtle backed, so while taking damage at close range she is hard to citadel and her guns penetrate damn well. I am up to rank 9 now and am looking forward to see how far she can get me up the ranks. Those of you who have her, give her a ride and see what you think. GLHF! 

Dad, Glad your having good luck in ranked. I, however am struggling in a ship YOU advised me to use. I don't have an Ashitaka so you should buy me one cause your advice didn't work! lol.:fish_panic:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,232 posts
21,634 battles

Haide and SINOP been good to me.

Indy inherited a bad team....

May try Ashitaka,  as Sharny let me down.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sinops must be prevalent in the upper tiers.

I just started. (T16-14,) and I’ve hardly seen any of them. I may have seen more Indianapolis’.

You hit Rank 12 and up you will see a minimum of 1 Sinop per battle with up to 6 Sinop being possible. 3 Sinop per battle seems to be the average.

[DBM]
Members
546 posts
10,615 battles
2 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Dad, Glad your having good luck in ranked. I, however am struggling in a ship YOU advised me to use. I don't have an Ashitaka so you should buy me one cause your advice didn't work! lol.

So, OP (or should I say "Dad"), what do you say?  Sounds like HeidiAngel deserves one:Smile_veryhappy:

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

I'm just taking the Helena. I tried Sinop and can't make it work, I tried Shira and it was okay but nothing special and Mahan was terrible. Scharnhorst was bang on 50% WR and it takes a spot that someone who can make the Sinop work would take.

Helena I'm at 59% WR, doing good damage, if I get a nice spot I can farm a huge amount of damage of Battleships to save stars. I might try taking out the Atlanta again though as well.

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,888 battles
6 hours ago, AMajor said:

So, OP (or should I say "Dad"), what do you say?  Sounds like HeidiAngel deserves one:Smile_veryhappy:

:Smile_izmena:

Members
467 posts
24,000 battles
8 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

I'm just taking the Helena. I tried Sinop and can't make it work, I tried Shira and it was okay but nothing special and Mahan was terrible. Scharnhorst was bang on 50% WR and it takes a spot that someone who can make the Sinop work would take.

Helena I'm at 59% WR, doing good damage, if I get a nice spot I can farm a huge amount of damage of Battleships to save stars. I might try taking out the Atlanta again though as well.

Helena's one of my favorite ships, However in this season of ranked, I'd switch to Boise if you have it do to the huge heal it gets.

• Cool 1