You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Carriers clubbing

17 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Sorry but I just got to post it.  Its to much you have people who are odviously starting new accounts that are very seasoned coming into low tiers clubbing the crap out of everyone.  You (wow) are allowing them to ruin and destroy your game.   What newbie (not me im not new) what newbie or me wants to play this game only to get totally harrased by 2 per game carriers who are NOT new players in them.  Why are you guys allowing this.. its ships and all you worry about is planes planes planes.  Give us a OPT OUT option planes/carriers or no planes.. I would choose no planes every game.  Think about it.. the game is about ships with players owning many and you have very few carriers in ur fleet if any..  so why does everyone complain about carriers... answer because they are to much.. because the seasond players come and club everyone.. because its a warship game so why all the planes.   Sorry I just got to express my view on it again

• Cool 9
  • Boring 4

[WOLF3]
Members
28,150 posts
24,510 battles

As long as those CVs in low tier are clubbing some broken OP ships there, it's alright in my book.

I know people do things like play Clemson, Imperator Nikolai I, etc. to Seal Club, so anything that Clubs the Seal Clubbers is fine with me.

I know there are people that like to go down to low tiers and use DDs to smash in some new player in his brand new South Carolina who has no idea about what concealment mechanics are, what kind of threat torpedoes are and what defensive measures need to be taken, etc.  So really, I have no sympathy if something is Clubbing the Seal Clubber.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
51 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Sorry but I just got to post it.  Its to much you have people who are odviously starting new accounts that are very seasoned coming into low tiers clubbing the crap out of everyone.  You (wow) are allowing them to ruin and destroy your game.  

Why do you think that more experiences players should be banned from low-tier play? I've played this game for three years and have only completely finished one tech tree line, and have only two other tier X ships. There are at least four tech lines that I've not even started yet. Someday, if and when I do start up those lines I'll be playing low-tier ships, even though I have over 10,000 games.

Not to mention that some people just like low-tier play, for numerous reasons.

And, why should you receive special treatment just because you haven't played many matches? Once you are out of protected matchmaking then you have advanced to the deep end of the pool where ducky floats are not allowed -- it's sink or swim from now on.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Why do you think that more experiences players should be banned from low-tier play? I've played this game for three years and have only completely finished one tech tree line, and have only two other tier X ships. There are at least four tech lines that I've not even started yet. Someday, if and when I do start up those lines I'll be playing low-tier ships, even though I have over 10,000 games.

Not to mention that some people just like low-tier play, for numerous reasons.

And, why should you receive special treatment just because you haven't played many matches? Once you are out of protected matchmaking then you have advanced to the deep end of the pool where ducky floats are not allowed -- it's sink or swim from now on.

There is nothing wrong with dropping down there for a few matches but I do have issue with the ones that live down there.

• Cool 1

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

There is nothing wrong with dropping down there for a few matches but I do have issue with the ones that live down there.

Second

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

No there isnt... but put a op carrier in their hands and its to much. its that simple.  its not taking a shot at the player (although i have to question why they need to do it) as much as its a shot at the op of the carriers. U tell me a new player that will continue to play after a game or two of getting the arsses kicked in repeatadly when the ships in the lower tiers have lousy AA even if its built.  Thats why

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,868 posts
26,411 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Even at low tiers, a CV is toast if a DD decides to hunt it.

shot-20.05.23_19.54.05-0941.jpg

lol, tell that to the Nicholas , (or was it a Farragut?) that cornered my Bogue in the SW corner of Estuary back in the day.

I knew I was toast, so I just put my Bogue in an autopilot turn, and concentrated on my planes.

I think they tried for five minutes to torpedo me, but were too scared to get close enough to make sure of hits. (I still took one or two.)

I was haranguing the DD at the end, saying they needed to get closer or just start shooting, (as a DD driver as well, I was embarrassed for them,) when a nearby battleship did the job right.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,282 battles

*sigh* Another shining example of WG customer orientation. 

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,205 battles

preparing new gamers for the fun experience they will have should they stay.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles

Run matchmaking monitor sometime.

The number of players with 1000+ games in various T4 ships is pretty depressing.

It's really not CVs that are the common problem down there, it's other ships.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,032 posts
12,614 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As long as those CVs in low tier are clubbing some broken OP ships there, it's alright in my book.

I know people do things like play Clemson, Imperator Nikolai I, etc. to Seal Club, so anything that Clubs the Seal Clubbers is fine with me.

I know there are people that like to go down to low tiers and use DDs to smash in some new player in his brand new South Carolina who has no idea about what concealment mechanics are, what kind of threat torpedoes are and what defensive measures need to be taken, etc.  So really, I have no sympathy if something is Clubbing the Seal Clubber.

Well stated Haze. Seal clubbers ruin the game for new players. Figure it is a stat padding thing, by players who are  egocentric and incompetent.  

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,342 battles

Maybe because playing CV in high tiers is excruciating painful sometimes :Smile_hiding: 

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,098 battles
10 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Sorry but I just got to post it.  Its to much you have people who are odviously starting new accounts that are very seasoned coming into low tiers clubbing the crap out of everyone.  You (wow) are allowing them to ruin and destroy your game.   What newbie (not me im not new) what newbie or me wants to play this game only to get totally harrased by 2 per game carriers who are NOT new players in them.  Why are you guys allowing this.. its ships and all you worry about is planes planes planes.  Give us a OPT OUT option planes/carriers or no planes.. I would choose no planes every game.  Think about it.. the game is about ships with players owning many and you have very few carriers in ur fleet if any..  so why does everyone complain about carriers... answer because they are to much.. because the seasond players come and club everyone.. because its a warship game so why all the planes.   Sorry I just got to express my view on it again

Oink! This CV/no CV option already exists, Tier 1 and 2, that's 20% of all tiers!!! What else??? After, playing versus 2 CVs is painful for any newbie particularly a TIV. I guess lots of experienced players play low tiers to increase their Win Rate... I can't even imagine the Great Franz von Goltz doing this. It's simply unethical. But now OS players are being stalinely and massively purged, so behavior will evolve. Oink! 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,047 posts
10,774 battles

I feel compelled to point out that the argument about driving away new players is mostly invalid. Truly new players are in a protected matchmaker until they play their first battle in a tier 5 or higher ship, meaning that double carrier is non-existent for them until that moment. Now if they buy a higher tier premium straight away, good luck to them choosing to go deep end.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
18 hours ago, enderland07 said:

Run matchmaking monitor sometime.

The number of players with 1000+ games in various T4 ships is pretty depressing.

It's really not CVs that are the common problem down there, it's other ships.

I don't see having a lot of matches in tier 4 as a problem unless you are doing it in CV's which are definitely a problem since there are few ships in tier 3 & 4 that have enough AA to actually cause plane losses. Against tier 5 is another matter and there are few ships that don't have enough AA. The real seal clubbers are hanging out in tier 1 & 2 but they are almost always not very good, just a lot better than the new players that are just out of protected MM which makes it great fun to slap them around as any average player is better then they are.