You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Princess_Schala

General Clan Questions

9 comments in this topic

[XANA]
Members
15 posts
271 battles

Ok, so myself and my special lady came to this game and generally speaking her and I tend to keep to ourselves in terms of games, and as such, we've created a clan really just for the two of us. Short explanation for those thinking "why not join an established clan?" is personal anxieties because of life situations and the absolute terror of voice chats; did it here once and it went.........anxiously, don't judge. :Smile_veryhappy:

Now I know about the naval base, where you can upgrade the buildings via oil from containers to get various benefits/treasury access, and I know of clan battles. If we didn't mind not having a fully upgraded naval base and had zero interest in clan battles, would there be anything else we'd be missing out on being a two person clan? I like to think I know a little, but I always accept I don't know it all and so I thought I'd just throw a query in here. Is it mainly just those two tangible benefits? Assuming this is the channel to throw this question in, so any information would be appreciated!

[PISD]
Members
959 posts
4,726 battles
8 minutes ago, Princess_Schala said:

Ok, so myself and my special lady came to this game and generally speaking her and I tend to keep to ourselves in terms of games, and as such, we've created a clan really just for the two of us. Short explanation for those thinking "why not join an established clan?" is personal anxieties because of life situations and the absolute terror of voice chats; did it here once and it went.........anxiously, don't judge. :Smile_veryhappy:

Now I know about the naval base, where you can upgrade the buildings via oil from containers to get various benefits/treasury access, and I know of clan battles. If we didn't mind not having a fully upgraded naval base and had zero interest in clan battles, would there be anything else we'd be missing out on being a two person clan? I like to think I know a little, but I always accept I don't know it all and so I thought I'd just throw a query in here. Is it mainly just those two tangible benefits? Assuming this is the channel to throw this question in, so any information would be appreciated!

The naval base offer nothing itself: the bonus that each members get are the real advantage. 

and clan battle, more than the steel, is a gold mine for credit and exp.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,059 posts
4,304 battles

Yeah outside of CB, friends, and naval base discounts there isnt much incentive. It just becomes a prefix attached to your username.

What would have been smart is to make one of you the others recruit. You would get points for playing with each other and could buy crates for each other. Nothing ground breaking but some nice perks (more than a 2 person clan could give). 

Since you both started playing the only way to become someone's recruit is to not log in for 3 months. Rough, but doable (especially if the two of you are willing to share an acct for a bit)

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,266 posts
10,549 battles
14 minutes ago, Princess_Schala said:

Ok, so myself and my special lady came to this game and generally speaking her and I tend to keep to ourselves in terms of games, and as such, we've created a clan really just for the two of us.

Wow I think that's great I mean really cool you play together ? I can barley get through dinner with my girlfriend .

[XANA]
Members
15 posts
271 battles
13 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

Yeah outside of CB, friends, and naval base discounts there isnt much incentive. It just becomes a prefix attached to your username.

What would have been smart is to make one of you the others recruit. You would get points for playing with each other and could buy crates for each other. Nothing ground breaking but some nice perks (more than a 2 person clan could give). 

Since you both started playing the only way to become someone's recruit is to not log in for 3 months. Rough, but doable (especially if the two of you are willing to share an acct for a bit)

Yeah, that's not possible with her, can't complain though. She's very energetic when it comes to doing things, downloaded the game and created her account to surprise me because I played it when she'd sleep and then she out of nowhere created the clan I think even before her first match with doubloons she started with, so it was a pretty random and sudden development. I just roll with it, keeps life interesting. :fish_aqua:

Also yeah, we game together here and in a handful of other games, not really spending any more time in one than the other, though this is one of my preferred. I won't say much more than that though because I have a tendency to get mushy and it totally kills your image to get that way in public. :fish_cute_2:

Edited by Princess_Schala
adding reply to reply while replying.....yikes.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,990 posts
13,702 battles

Nothing wrong with being a clan of two. I was a one man clan for a little while when first starting  our group. The main advantages are as already mentioned. You build expansions to your port buildings with oil and you start getting bonuses added to your rewards of XP. Discounts to repair costs. Bonuses to coal and steel. Clan battles can open the door to the more lucrative rewards of larger amounts of exchange credits, XP, and steel. You get oil as well.

We have a couple team in our group and it’s fun diving with them because they are very competitive. Especially against each other.

Hope that helps.:Smile_honoring:

[LANCE]
Members
682 posts
5,300 battles

Something to consider is trying to recruit some other players. Simply state you have no interest in divisions, clan battles etc and that’s it’s simply for those who wish to get the bonuses others have mentioned. There are players out there that do join clans just for the bonuses and it will benefit you all by doing that as you’ll earn more oil to build the buildings in the naval yard and thus get more bonuses/discounts. Discounts included are cheaper tech tree ships, discounts on modules (iirc) and extra coal bonus which helps to get special upgrades and eventually “coal ships” from the armory.

There is a section on the forum for clan recruitment so if you post your “advertisement” some may show interest. 

Good luck mate!

[XANA]
Members
15 posts
271 battles
15 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Something to consider is trying to recruit some other players.

I fully get the concept behind that suggestion and I appreciate it, but that's not something we could really do. Without getting too detailed, there is a certain aspect about me that, friendly as I try to be, some people tend not to like and so belonging to groups makes me anxious, mix in that she's a bit protective; so we stay pretty secluded overall except for very select people who we eventually become comfortable with. It doesn't even really matter if I'd never communicate with the random people, it'd still make the cozy place seem 'infiltrated.' Illogical and unreasonable, yes, but given that previously mentioned aspect about me, people I've met over the years have given me reason to remain isolated.

[LARD]
[LARD]
Members
16 posts
379 battles
9 hours ago, Princess_Schala said:

I fully get the concept behind that suggestion and I appreciate it, but that's not something we could really do. Without getting too detailed, there is a certain aspect about me that, friendly as I try to be, some people tend not to like and so belonging to groups makes me anxious, mix in that she's a bit protective; so we stay pretty secluded overall except for very select people who we eventually become comfortable with. It doesn't even really matter if I'd never communicate with the random people, it'd still make the cozy place seem 'infiltrated.' Illogical and unreasonable, yes, but given that previously mentioned aspect about me, people I've met over the years have given me reason to remain isolated.

I tried to join several Clans - and fact is I hadn't played since 2016, and 90% of the clans that pop up to Join are dead. SO, even though I am not in your situation, I created my own... However you want to play the game is up to you - I think it is pretty cool to be in a clan and be the boss, but also make it look like I belong somewhere. Social anxiety is something I have had issues with in the past, and I abhorred voice chat for years..

It is all in how you want to play the game.