You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
9 posts
2,864 battles

Why play Ranked?

Now many people play "Ranked" for the Steel and Doubloons. I myself am playing ranked only for the Doubloons because I was lucky! I was lucky enough too get the Soviet Token Trove on the first bundle. Unfortunately, I am poor, so I put myself to the grueling task of playing "Ranked" in hopes of hitting Rank 1 and getting the 2,500 doubloons.

The Experience

The First League was easy enough to grind through, but then the Second League came, full of players that dedicate their time and effort to earn nothing. It was hard at first, but then I got a win streak and hit Rank 7! But, my luck ran out and I got teamed up with raw potatoes, baked potatoes, potato wedges, and fries. I dropped 2 ranks and lost a days worth of work and now I feel sad :( 

Is the reward worth the Grind?

The Rank 1 reward and all the other rewards aren't worth it to an extent. The rewards are worth it until you get to Rank 10, then you should decide if you want to spend a couple days sweating and trying to get to Rank 5 (which is no longer irrevocable). If you have a bad day, you can lose all your hard work. So take a break if you begin loosing and remember you have a whole month to get to Rank 1, and by then most of the potatoes have either quit and/or grinded out to Rank 1. 

Good Luck :Smile_trollface:

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Yeah the doubloons entice many of us free to play players into playing Ranked only to be disappointed.

[RLGN]
Members
14,859 posts
26,403 battles
2 hours ago, EmeraldShard said:

But, my luck ran out and I got teamed up with raw potatoes, baked potatoes, potato wedges, and fries. I dropped 2 ranks and lost a days worth of work and now I feel sad :(

Don’t forget escalloped, mashed, and my favorite; soggy powdered potatoes.

2 hours ago, EmeraldShard said:

No?

To me, the only reward worth the effort is the season flag...

...but almost not, this time around.

(W, L, L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, W, W...)

At least now I can’t drop below R15 again...

• Cool 1

Members
1,624 posts

think about this: nobody can be down-tiered in ranking...and your input counts a lot...not nothing...

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
3 hours ago, EmeraldShard said:

Why play Ranked?

Now many people play "Ranked" for the Steel and Doubloons. I myself am playing ranked only for the Doubloons because I was lucky! I was lucky enough too get the Soviet Token Trove on the first bundle. Unfortunately, I am poor, so I put myself to the grueling task of playing "Ranked" in hopes of hitting Rank 1 and getting the 2,500 doubloons.

The Experience

The First League was easy enough to grind through, but then the Second League came, full of players that dedicate their time and effort to earn nothing. It was hard at first, but then I got a win streak and hit Rank 7! But, my luck ran out and I got teamed up with raw potatoes, baked potatoes, potato wedges, and fries. I dropped 2 ranks and lost a days worth of work and now I feel sad :( 

The Rank 1 reward and all the other rewards aren't worth it to an extent. The rewards are worth it until you get to Rank 10, then you should decide if you want to spend a couple days sweating and trying to get to Rank 5 (which is no longer irrevocable). If you have a bad day, you can lose all your hard work. So take a break if you begin loosing and remember you have a whole month to get to Rank 1, and by then most of the potatoes have either quit and/or grinded out to Rank 1. 

Good Luck :Smile_trollface:

Well said and good analysis, I made it to rank 10 and iam calling it. I would rather have tier 10 then this crap.