Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Why is there huge gaps in the leveling experience?

7 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
2,427 posts
5,380 battles

Just decided to see what its like as a new player. Got up to level 12 farting around. Couple games a level to open up each level showing us what we can get. Very interesting.

Then i got to level 12 and it went from 2 battles of opening up the GUI to 46?

46 battles to open the GUI to level 13 from two of all previous levels?

Why such a huge leap? 

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Just decided to see what its like as a new player. Got up to level 12 farting around. Couple games a level to open up each level showing us what we can get. Very interesting.

Then i got to level 12 and it went from 2 battles of opening up the GUI to 46?

46 battles to open the GUI to level 13 from two of all previous levels?

Why such a huge leap? 

In Update 0.9.4, WG pointlessly (my opinion) renamed "Account Level" to "Access Level."

Now for your question, as players we can't actually answer. I doubt a developer will jump in and answer. I think WG wanted players to have access to ship upgrades/research, Random battles, camo/signals, containers, free XP, commanders, missions, upgrades, campaigns, the armory, and operations early on while they didn't want players to instantly jump into the inventory, ranked battles, clan battles, or training battles.

The early stuff makes sense to me. Why not inventory? Not sure. Maybe WG didn't want players selling all their signals/camo early on and want them using them instead to experience/see the benefit. Ranked/Clan/Training battles unlocking later make sense to me too.

Also, the jump increases from 2 to 46 to 65 to 70. Again, just a matter of "What do we want our players accessing as they experience our game?" Oh wait, "Access Level" actually does make sense!

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,427 posts
5,380 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

Also, the jump increases from 2 to 46 to 65 to 70. Again, just a matter of "What do we want our players accessing as the experience our game?" Oh wait, "Access Level" actually does make sense!

Thanks for the info.

My curious look into what its like to start this game again dies now looks like. 

That's a lot of aimless playing just to open the GUI. I understand more than 2 but going to 46-65-70 from 2 seems to be a bit much. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,173 posts
16,404 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

My curious look into what its like to start this game again dies now looks like. 

That's a lot of aimless playing just to open the GUI. I understand more than 2 but going to 46-65-70 from 2 seems to be a bit much.

Back when all this not happening, just available as open beta, i was playing aimlessly and jumped in random battle in my USN bb and thinking I am the King. Hopelessly lost to another t4 bb player and had no idea why, i sent him message asking questions. i was told i used the wrong ammy type and shooting at wrong places. I went back to researching, reading and watching youtube. From 600'ish or 800'ish battle counts i practiced until 1200'ish before i came back out to random. 

Comparing to 2-46-65-70 battles, i just :cap_like:   :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_trollface: then :Smile_veryhappy:

[PQUOD]
Members
2,427 posts
5,380 battles
18 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Back when all this not happening, just available as open beta, i was playing aimlessly and jumped in random battle in my USN bb and thinking I am the King. Hopelessly lost to another t4 bb player and had no idea why, i sent him message asking questions. i was told i used the wrong ammy type and shooting at wrong places. I went back to researching, reading and watching youtube. From 600'ish or 800'ish battle counts i practiced until 1200'ish before i came back out to random. 

Comparing to 2-46-65-70 battles, i just :cap_like:   :Smile_sceptic: :Smile_trollface: then :Smile_veryhappy:

If they put more info out during the leveling process through the GUI i'd agree. It just seems like a large amount of levels to gap that don't teach you anything. Just grind.

Now granted through the eyes of a new player this is all pretty fresh and new. Borderline overwhelming i'm sure. It just seems odd to me how it jumped like that in terms of battles needed to unlock the GUI with no real teaching involved in it.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,173 posts
16,404 battles
51 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

teaching involved in it.

those gap to separate between do i want to improve or meh, it just a game - i dont need to learn = potatoes.

And those experiences anyone learned from that to random battles facing CV and out of the protected bubble, you will be surprise. I dont want to pop the bubble too early, but please go through the battle and learn from it. Do more researches, do more reading and find out why you doing it = improve on players skills. Skip this, and it will be your disadvantage. Spoke from my own noobish experiences back when open beta

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

I found this annoying when I hit T6 after only a few games on my alt account and was not able to run a captain or camo.

Kinda irritating.

Sign in to follow this