Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Meaty Pasta Ships incoming.... when?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,046
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles

I love my Roma and My Cesaro. The Venezia is a troll machine with its stupid good agility. But my heart yearns for more Italian Meaty Pasta BB's. When WG? When can we get these ships that I know so many want. I get some nation's needed more fleshing out but I think it's long overdue to give us the BB's which will make many happy.

If not soon maybe another tier 5 Italian BB or tier 6/7 Italian BB.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,224
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles

Italian BBs are bound to happen but something more concrete, 2 BBs are in testing.

 

VIII Impero, a member of the Littorio-class of which Roma is from, has been in testing for a while.  A key feature she has are SAP shells.

20 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

WG tried to add a T6 Italian battleship but the community freaked out.

 

I didn't even now about that.  But I found her entry in fitting tool while digging up Impero's entry for this post, if anyone is interested.

VI Giunio Bruto and a quick Stealth - Survival Hybrid Build on her.  For comparison is Arizona in a similar build.

She actually looks alright, different strengths and compromises.  Not sure why people would panic about her.

Arizona is better fit to trade shots with other BBs.  Higher AP Pen, more HP. 

G.Bruto seems to feature normal HE / AP shell selection, no SAP which Impero possesses.  No special HE Pen and her AP values like Bounce angles are normal.

G.Bruto has better gun handling characteristics (except range, AZ is better there with APRM1), 27kt speed (this is a big deal in mid tiers, especially since Submarines are coming), and is stealthier.

 

Haven't seen anything on armor and citadel protection though.  I don't know much of Italian BBs, but I'm assuming Arizona is going to be beefier in her protection.  G.Bruto looks to emphasize more of stealth, speed, gun handling as a BB.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[GGWP]
Members
84 posts
3,708 battles
3 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

Soon. But first - we need the glorious Soviet CV line split!

Since nobody saw them irl we must see them in game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I didn't even now about that.  But I found her entry in fitting tool while digging up Impero's entry for this post, if anyone is interested.

VI Giunio Bruto and a quick Stealth - Survival Hybrid Build on her.  For comparison is Arizona in a similar build.

She actually looks alright, different strengths and compromises.  Not sure why people would panic about her.

Arizona is better fit to trade shots with other BBs.  Higher AP Pen, more HP. 

G.Bruto seems to feature normal HE / AP shell selection, no SAP which Impero possesses.  No special HE Pen and her AP values like Bounce angles are normal.

G.Bruto has better gun handling characteristics (except range, AZ is better there with APRM1), 27kt speed (this is a big deal in mid tiers, especially since Submarines are coming), and is stealthier.

 

Haven't seen anything on armor and citadel protection though.  I don't know much of Italian BBs, but I'm assuming Arizona is going to be beefier in her protection.  G.Bruto looks to emphasize more of stealth, speed, gun handling as a BB.

I think @enderland07 is actually referring to WG's abandoned attempt to move GC from T5 to T6. His/her post was not meant to be taken seriously.

(I am nearly 100% sure you would've heard about that.)

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,224
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I think @enderland07 is actually referring to WG's abandoned attempt to move GC from T5 to T6. His/her post was not meant to be taken seriously.

(I am nearly 100% sure you would've heard about that.)

Ahh, it was part of that drama.  I still stand that Giuno Bruto was good for Tier VI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[A-I-M]
Members
3,448 posts
14,130 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

WG tried to add a T6 Italian battleship but the community freaked out.

 

No, they tried to take away a successful T5.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,259
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

WG tried to add a T6 Italian battleship but the community freaked out.

 

They tried to move the Giulio Cesare from tier 5 to tier 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles

All of this still fails to fill my need for big gunned pasta boats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

So since August we've had 2 DD lines, 2 cruiser lines, 1 cruiser line split, and soon a CV line, so I expect to see new tech tree BBs on the Dev Blog pretty soon. The question is whether they will be Italian BBs, a BB line split, or "something completely different" (Pan Arabian BBs?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,224
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
2 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No, they tried to take away a successful T5.

It wasn't just a successful T5.

Caesar was so overpowered it broke Tier V single-handedly.  People wanted to preserve their OP botes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[A-I-M]
Members
3,448 posts
14,130 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It wasn't just a successful T5.

Caesar was so overpowered it broke Tier V single-handedly.  People wanted to preserve their OP botes.

But it wasn’t just giving us a T6, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,224
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

But it wasn’t just giving us a T6, either.

Also, lots of people here whine about "balance" but when it came time to balance one of the most broken ships for their respective tiers, all the sudden, it's a big "No."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,584 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Also, lots of people here whine about "balance" but when it came time to balance one of the most broken ships for their respective tiers, all the sudden, it's a big "No."

You Don't sell a product and then after a year come back and tell the owners of that product that it has to be changed from what they bought it as.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,383
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,299 posts
12,202 battles

i hope the Italian Battlebotes are next, im curious as to what the T9 and T10 will be, also, Littorio at T8 or riot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,825 posts
13,786 battles
4 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

You Don't sell a product and then after a year come back and tell the owners of that product that it has to be changed from what they bought it as.

You dont actually own anything here Heidi. WG is just letting you use things, they own, for X amount of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×