Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

The 3 main reasons/benefits to participate the public test server

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles

I explain the reasons & show some of the experience when you participate in the public test server.

 

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[ROCKR]
Members
352 posts
14,407 battles

Concept is good, but 3 games of Tier 10 quad CV's makes me wanna never play again. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles
25 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I down loaded the pts but it wont let me in.  Do you jave to mame another account?

 

Because it is on a different server, you do need to create a separate account - the instructions are in the liink below and the orange button in the article takes you through the steps ...  Be sure to use the same email account you use in the live account or  you will not be able to collect the rewards - also - i added several links to the comments below the youtube video for these set up links, the links to collect the rewards each month, for test feedback  and such so you have a quick reference there instead of having to look through the various test news articles  ... Hope that helps :)  

Instructions to install the WGC and Public test client:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pt-guide/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,914 battles

PTS isn't populated enough and is not worth the time or the chintzy "rewards" for participating on it.

Played it a handful of times and ultimately deleted it.

Waste of time.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
5 hours ago, Karandar said:

I explain the reasons & show some of the experience when you participate in the public test server.

 

 

Subscribed to your channel, you should make more content you would be a good content creator

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles
5 hours ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

PTS isn't populated enough and is not worth the time or the chintzy "rewards" for participating on it.

Played it a handful of times and ultimately deleted it.

Waste of time.

With the current lockdown, the pts is actually pretty busy these days, usually 1500+ playing compared to the 100 ish you'd sometimes see six months ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,418
[WPORT]
Members
6,528 posts
11,535 battles
6 hours ago, Karandar said:

I explain the reasons & show some of the experience when you participate in the public test server.

 

 

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[AOD]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,884 battles

I only do it for unique stuff, like the sub flag in the last one. :P

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,295 posts

They (WG) need to do more to incentivize people to play on the PTS, As it stands now why would a player even want to? it takes time away from regular game play at the time when most players are grinding directives for rewards that while not always great (seriously wargaming they're almost as bad as the booby prizes from the old lets make a deal game show) are still better than what you get for playing on the PTS.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[LEHR]
Members
27 posts
2,462 battles

The Test Server here like the one in Tanks, All Tier, 10, All the Time....        Registered for it, haven't heard Back and haven't seen a Link anywhere....

Just wondering because I'd like to try out some of the Mid Tiers I'm headed too, and in WoT they make that Exceedingly Difficult...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles
31 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

They (WG) need to do more to incentivize people to play on the PTS, As it stands now why would a player even want to? it takes time away from regular game play at the time when most players are grinding directives for rewards that while not always great (seriously wargaming they're almost as bad as the booby prizes from the old lets make a deal game show) are still better than what you get for playing on the PTS.

I agree during some updates with heavy directives, ranked and clan battles, making the time for the test server isn't for everyone... 

The rewards are improving over past though. 

For example, this test, for completing two daily chain missions, gets you 3 of each of the 17 normal signal flags and completing two more give  10 camo... You can do that again on part 2 of the test in a couple weeks... 

So 102 Sig flags, 20 camo for minimal effort... The premium time and dragon flags aren't terribly more effort either... WG gives enough dabloons to fast track through the shipyard, so the live server premium time

The tier 6 premium container that gives the premium T6 ship is more work... 3 update cycles, 3 big  targets to earn one

This stage is do 1.5 million damage in cruiser or BB, or 1 million in cv... 

That's not actually that many missions, especially with bots in matches

If a captain works on all 3 larger missions over the 6 year weekends, it actually wouldn't be too bad :) 

 

Screenshot_20200523-170832.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,295 posts
16 minutes ago, Karandar said:

I agree during some updates with heavy directives, ranked and clan battles, making the time for the test server isn't for everyone... 

The rewards are improving over past though. 

For example, this test, for completing two daily chain missions, gets you 3 of each of the 17 normal signal flags and completing two more give  10 camo... You can do that again on part 2 of the test in a couple weeks... 

So 102 Sig flags, 20 camo for minimal effort... The premium time and dragon flags aren't terribly more effort either... WG gives enough dabloons to fast track through the shipyard, so the live server premium time

The tier 6 premium container that gives the premium T6 ship is more work... 3 update cycles, 3 big  targets to earn one

This stage is do 1.5 million damage in cruiser or BB, or 1 million in cv... 

That's not actually that many missions, especially with bots in matches

If a captain works on all 3 larger missions over the 6 year weekends, it actually wouldn't be too bad :) 

 

Screenshot_20200523-170832.png

Still my point stands as , though that may change seeing the direction WG has been taking insofar as directive rewards has been going, in many cases it would take away from the main time i have (i.e. weekends) for completing directives and is just not worth risking blowing a directive( or Ranked or CBs ). I mean signals i get plenty in-game, flags  got a trunk full i don't want and can't sell, T-6 Ships  got all the ones i want, camos the only times i use type 5-6  is when i don't want to use the higher yield of just plain cooler ones i have (i sell off every type 1-2 i get lol). 

What I would like to see, and i think this would more people to play on the PTS, would be for WG ,instead of cranking out a "New Shiney" with every patch, to use every other patch for fixing and improving all the Q.O.L. issues and making sure the mechanics are worthy of the superlative work of WGs art dept.   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles

Great points Bosco

They could work on adding a new permanent battle mode or 3 also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,295 posts
25 minutes ago, Karandar said:

Great points Bosco

They could work on adding a new permanent battle mode or 3 also

Yeah i would really like that because even with all it's warts it's still my favorite game

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles
4 hours ago, oldewolfe said:

The Test Server here like the one in Tanks, All Tier, 10, All the Time....        Registered for it, haven't heard Back and haven't seen a Link anywhere....

Just wondering because I'd like to try out some of the Mid Tiers I'm headed too, and in WoT they make that Exceedingly Difficult...

I was running some t6 CV earlier today  on the public test, usually don;t have too much trouble getting a team these days - that might change as folks get balk to work again hopefully in the near future -  it depends on time of day, but I had a mix of bots and humans for team mates, and sometimes quickjer to run a couple coops to try different ships if on during non peak times ...   I play cv's poorly so don't want to subject any team mates on live battles to my lack of aeronautical prowess, and want to get better at them, so PTS a good place :)  

 

when you go through the registration - you should get a confirmation email fairly quickly  to click which would activate the account - perhaps it ended up in your junk folder? 

if not, i would try register again ...  

be sure it is the same email as your live server account to link any rewards you earn... 

The registration link, and instructions to install the extra public test server instance is in the guide here:  

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pt-guide/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If another attempt doesn't work, I would try submitting a support ticket: 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[DPG]
Supertester
702 posts
17,146 battles
18 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

Subscribed to your channel, you should make more content you would be a good content creator

Thank you very much for Subscribing!  I really appreciate the support :) 

I started making content last October, but had to slow down after I broke my thumb and badly hurt my wrist Jan 2 in a skiddoo mishap - was fun until it wasn't! ;)

and then in February, my motherboard died. I ended up having to build a new system.... It wasn't worth the 400.00 Cdn.  it would have cost me to fix the older computer.  

My fiance and I are in the middle of trying to sell our current home and moving, which was delayed with the current global emergency we shall not name...

Once we get fully moved, my time will dramatically free up, and I have a lot of ideas for videos from my clan mates and some of the comments posted by viewers on my YouTube channel.  I have tried to focus on "how to" and "getting the most" kind of content to begin with ... like my "Game settings players miss that will make them better" kind of thing. 

The more players we can collectively help learn some of the many little tricks of the game, the better randoms might even become - yeah, I'm kind of an optimist! 

I plan to start streaming on Twitch this summer once we are settled in.

----------------------------

Your question on my YouTube channel was a good one regarding the Premium T6 container we can earn completing the required 3 seasonal missions  

For anyone else wondering how they work...  If you already have all of the tier 6 premiums(more people than some might think)  OR if the premium container you open on the live server gives you a ship you already own, then you get doubloons instead... 

 

 

 

Edited by Karandar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[5D8]
Members
165 posts
18,764 battles

I would do PTS if I didn't have to download a whole separate client for it. I've already created a second account to start over to test what I've learned, and between my main and alt its taking up A LOT of space.

If they could make it one client, and you choose which server to log into I would definitely be more inclined to try out diff servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×