Sign in to follow this  
imdicc

Why is QE such an abomination

9 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
9,540 posts
16,271 battles

Ya know, I thought that and then I looked at my stats and what do ya know, I did better than I thought.

6 Queen Elizabeth   Queen Elizabeth 6 U.K. 5 60% 1 729 54 548 1.4 2.6
Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
91 posts
6,587 battles

Stick with QE.  I hated it too. Slow turrets and not very fast.  KGV is a fun ship for me. Everyone loves HE, rightly so, but use your AP too, especially against CAs. I have it elite status, but haven't made the commitment to buy Monarch yet.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, imdicc said:

just awful to play. [edited]dumpster fire

It's not...it's just 1 of the black sheep of the line because it doesn't have the insane fire chance of the rest of the RN BB line (Monarch being the other 1).

Load up the AP in that 1 & practice shooting at the waterline for cit hits & you'll do fine in it.

After you grind it out you can go back to HE spamming until you get to the Monarch.

Then after the Monarch you can HE spam until your little heart is content.

BTW...welcome to the forums :-)

[RLGN]
Members
13,270 posts
23,177 battles
28 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It's not...it's just 1 of the black sheep of the line because it doesn't have the insane fire chance of the rest of the RN BB line (Monarch being the other 1).

Load up the AP in that 1 & practice shooting at the waterline for cit hits & you'll do fine in it.

After you grind it out you can go back to HE spamming until you get to the Monarch.

Then after the Monarch you can HE spam until your little heart is content.

BTW...welcome to the forums :-)

This.

Compared to old Warspite, (2016-17,) QE is easy street.

Her turrets May not turn as fast as the buffed Warspite, but there’s a reason The Grand Old Lady was the butt of jokes about starting to turn your turrets and going into your kitchen to brew tea.

Both are great ships, if someone takes the time to learn to use them.

RN battleships don’t win by HE alone.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,753 posts
21,831 battles

IMO, Queen Elizabeth could be well served if she got the turret traverse buff Warspite received long ago.  Warspite used to have the turret traverse that QE has right now.  I was annoyed WG decided in using Warspite's old traverse to punish QE.

That's about it, really.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles

Rudder shift is a must have on it for sure...if you can't bring the guns around it's best to be able to bring the ship around to get the guns on target.

Sign in to follow this