You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Toxic Ranked

26 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,577 battles

WOW! You people hear warned me about toxic ranked battles. The first day went great, 5 wins and 1 loss. Today it's a nightmare I want to wake up from! Players calling each other the most terrible things and no one wants to work together anymore. I checked profiles of players and these are not noobs as they are called. I made my share of mistakes and was called disgusting words by more than 1 player. This all makes me want to stop playing ranked. Their is no call for this type of behavior over a game. MY wr in ranked went to about 50% now and yes some of it is my fault but also the tension you feel during battle makes me nervous and that may be affecting my play. You all told me so and I didn't listen but I believe you now!

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

WOW! You people hear warned me about toxic ranked battles. The first day went great, 5 wins and 1 loss. Today it's a nightmare I want to wake up from! Players calling each other the most terrible things and no one wants to work together anymore. I checked profiles of players and these are not noobs as they are called. I made my share of mistakes and was called disgusting words by more than 1 player. This all makes me want to stop playing ranked. Their is no call for this type of behavior over a game. MY wr in ranked went to about 50% now and yes some of it is my fault but also the tension you feel during battle makes me nervous and that may be affecting my play. You all told me so and I didn't listen but I believe you now!

giphy.gif

ranked has always been like that, it's need an overhaul, irrevocable ranks, and one vs one would be my fixes. Buts is unhealthy to me, I am just going to getting the flag and that's it.

• Boring 2

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,596 battles

I haven't experienced too much toxicity in ranked so far, just two games. Once for not pushing in to a nose-in Sinop... in a Nelson. The other time, I carried the team to one hell of a win in my Z39 and I got a wonderful, profanity-laced private message after the game that I dare not repeat here, even with omissions. :Smile_hiding: It made me laugh though, if I get that kind of reaction then I generally know I'm doing something right. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,183 battles
5 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

giphy.gif

I warned you... lol

Welcome to the dark side of WOWS Ranked...

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,577 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I warned you... lol

Welcome to the dark side of WOWS Ranked...

Yes you did but I didn't think it would be like this. This just makes you feel like crawling into bed and pulling the covers over your head.:fish_sleep:

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,596 battles
3 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Yes you did but I didn't think it would be like this. This just makes you feel like crawling into bed and pulling the covers over your head.:fish_sleep:

You know what helps?

Do you really want to know?

Are you sure?

Okay, I'll tell you;

Spoiler

067_141259b.jpeg.8c8412452a5070b24616a7f5ad675c1a.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,183 battles
9 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Its a metaphor of life really... Some people will not learn by being told, others learn by getting hurt by what the warnings tried to avoid......

Hopefully, you're not scared for playing Ranked again... Its does thicken your skin, it also teaches you to adapt, to fight from a bad situation your teammates put you in.

Rank is not for everyone, I understand if the bad is the safer alternative.

Edited by Navalpride33

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,397 posts
8 minutes ago, Brohk said:

You know what helps?

Are you sure?

Okay, I'll tell you;

Hide contents

ummmm She's a Kid! DERP!

5Ubt4yo.gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
201 posts
11,154 battles

I know it's hard to not let them get to you. It's almost an acquired skill to find a way to cope with the toxicity in ranked.

It's the internet. From social media, to comments on Youtube, to comments on news sites, to in-game conduct, cretins know they can hide behind avatars and act out and say things they never would to a stranger in real life. Manners and social norms don't exist here.

It's a more competitive mode of play where rewards like steel are needed for players to get ships they really want and every loss is a barrier to them getting those rewards. So they take it personally.

Just picture them as greasy-haired-stinky-haven't-showered-in-a-week no-life lonely losers sitting in their sweat pants in a nasty stained Hello Kitty undershirt with orange fingers and lips from eating Cheetos.

But remember, the cretins are outnumbered by the good people in this community.

In our clan we encourage new members of all skill sets or progress in the game and we like to div up with people in all tiers to help them grind up their lines and we enjoy the game together.

Most people on here are similar.

Don't let 'em get to you Heidi and don't forget to Smoosh them!

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,572 posts
18,110 battles
50 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

giphy.gif

You can turn chat off. Some people think that freedom of speech means that they can say what ever they want. They don't always realize that by doing so, they also have the freedom to to resemble an idiot.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,577 battles
42 minutes ago, Brohk said:

You know what helps?

Are you sure?

Okay, I'll tell you;

Hide contents

Sorry. Cannot drink.

• Cool 1

[WW2]
Members
470 posts
8,024 battles
23 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

I know it's hard to not let them get to you. It's almost an acquired skill to find a way to cope with the toxicity in ranked.

It's the internet. From social media, to comments on Youtube, to comments on news sites, to in-game conduct, cretins know they can hide behind avatars and act out and say things they never would to a stranger in real life. Manners and social norms don't exist here.

It's a more competitive mode of play where rewards like steel are needed for players to get ships they really want and every loss is a barrier to them getting those rewards. So they take it personally.

Just picture them as greasy-haired-stinky-haven't-showered-in-a-week no-life lonely losers sitting in their sweat pants in a nasty stained Hello Kitty undershirt with orange fingers and lips from eating Cheetos.

But remember, the cretins are outnumbered by the good people in this community.

In our clan we encourage new members of all skill sets or progress in the game and we like to div up with people in all tiers to help them grind up their lines and we enjoy the game together.

Most people on here are similar.

Don't let 'em get to you Heidi and don't forget to Smoosh them!

I had a two games yesterday with two toxic players in a row. First game I got lit up In my dd early and was wiped out. Not a usually thing but it happens and got salt. Had the unfortunate luck to be on the same team with both next game. Didn't do as bad and we won but still got harrassed bad. Looked up both and one of the two had over 20k randoms. Look I have been playing steady for 2.5 years and only have 3200 randoms. Even if playing since beta that's a lot of time spent here. Some people lose perspective I guess. Anyway we will see how the rest of the season goes. Good luck!

[RLGN]
Members
14,919 posts
26,435 battles
1 hour ago, Brohk said:

I haven't experienced too much toxicity in ranked so far, just two games. Once for not pushing in to a nose-in Sinop... in a Nelson. The other time, I carried the team to one hell of a win in my Z39 and I got a wonderful, profanity-laced private message after the game that I dare not repeat here, even with omissions. :Smile_hiding: It made me laugh though, if I get that kind of reaction then I generally know I'm doing something right. 

Why? Was a red chewing you out? (sad, but not completely unexpected,) Or one of your ‘allies’ who was upset at not winning how they wanted to win?

[HINON]
Members
13,729 posts
3 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I had a two games yesterday with two toxic players in a row. First game I got lit up In my dd early and was wiped out. Not a usually thing but it happens and got salt.

Shaka. When the walls fell.

[V_V_V]
Members
806 posts
15,998 battles
2 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Their is no call for this type of behavior over a game.

You have the option to report and/or submit a ticket regarding such behavior to the umpires for this game, which is the property of a private company.  You will not know the outcome, but it may be more effective in reaching said players than the Forums.  See the EULA and WOWs Game Rules.

[SIM]
Members
5,388 posts
8,890 battles
3 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Sorry to hear that things have gone this direction for you. Ultimately the best thing that you can do is brush it off and keep playing. It's a team game, but it's ultimately about you. Keep putting your best effort in, keep having fun, and when one or the other is no longer possible, take a break from ranked or the game itself.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

When craplike this happens in 45 minutes after you first load up the game after a generally successful day before people will break.

image.png.6c8d034bade3464c275dc3be725ac088.png

People have 10, 15, 20 games worth of progress utterly wiped in a handful of games and get tilted when they see it happening.

The highest ranked players are only in Rank 5 so far, and most of them are in the 60% to 70% WR zone. For every 10 games you win 6 or 7 and lose 3 or 4. It's two steps forward, one step back at best.

Edited by macktkau2
  • Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Made it to rank 5 with 64 battles.   I would say around 10% of those were people blaming their mistakes on someone else.  I would get blamed for, "keeping my star" because apparently to the cry baby, a Nagato should be leading the charge against 3 dds near me smh.  

Members
246 posts
310 battles

47 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Turn.

Off.

Chat.

You are so welcome.

This TBH.

1 hour ago, macktkau2 said:

The highest ranked players are only in Rank 5 so far, and most of them are in the 60% to 70% WR zone. For every 10 games you win 6 or 7 and lose 3 or 4. It's two steps forward, one step back at best.

I've always said; there are two good times to play in ranked.

First is the first two weeks when it starts. You got all the best players grinding their way out along with you. If you're a good player yourself, you get less frustration. And if you're a bad player, you at least get to get carried. The caveat being that they are probably in a higher league bracket than you to begin with if the latter's the case.

Second best time is the last two weeks before it ends. The downside to this is you have to wade through utter filth to go up ranks and if you're a bad player you're out of luck; you likely won't be able to fail upwards with the remains of what the ranked season chewed and spat out.
But If you're good, you will carry more games than not, and it will be a relative breeze to Rank 1.

Anything in between is a waste of time and sanity.

Members
6,754 posts
21,151 battles
4 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Second best time is the last two weeks before it ends. The downside to this is you have to wade through utter filth to go up ranks 

See the source image

[VAST_]
Members
134 posts
4,313 battles

Seriously, turn in-game chat off. I’m 47 and an ex-sailor and I get tired of seeing it. It is so much more enjoyable to not deal with the language and the even more annoying whining, complaining, and accusations... in a video game.

Chat delenda est.

Edited by sirwill1972