Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Radiant_1CDO

WG can we please have consistent buttons for consumables?

5 comments in this topic

[YETI]
Members
39 posts
12,602 battles

Can we have it so U is ALWAYS heal on every boat. And T for smoke ON EVERY BOAT? I don't care what button is what but it's irritating to have to glance at the interface to hit the "right" button for a consumable when you switch ships.

Thanks for your consideration.

Radiant_1CDO

• Cool 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

Too many consumables for each to have their own key. Even if they got jammed into place, there still is the issue of skipping keys which imo would be even more annoying. 

Instead I would shoot for and support class standardization, or even customizability. Would be a HUGE QoL improvement to the game

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
164 posts
17,096 battles

The SAME button for the SAME consumable, no matter what ship you are playing!! I am tired of having to look at what button I need to hit for some consumable on different ships. There are only so many consumables out there, how hard is this?

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

I agree..I think the consummables should ALL be put on the Function Key row.   If you want to use the canned response as in "THANK YOU or WILCO" let them be as ALT/F-Key. 

[STURM]
Members
721 posts
5,926 battles
2 hours ago, Tingent said:

The SAME button for the SAME consumable, no matter what ship you are playing!! I am tired of having to look at what button I need to hit for some consumable on different ships. There are only so many consumables out there, how hard is this?

2 hours ago, Radiant_1CDO said:

Can we have it so U is ALWAYS heal on every boat. And T for smoke ON EVERY BOAT? I don't care what button is what but it's irritating to have to glance at the interface to hit the "right" button for a consumable when you switch ships.

Thanks for your consideration.

Radiant_1CDO

There are 13 different consumables for ships in the game. Even if we condense the three types of smoke generators into one key, that still the same number of keys in the largest row on the standard Qwerty keyboard.

Factoring in keys already in use, there would be no way to get them all in a position that wouldn't require you to take your hand off your mouse and awkwardly try to find a key.

Letting us choose what key a consumable is on a given ship would be much better, and would allow you to set every type of consumable to a different key if you really want that.

Sign in to follow this