You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sam_The_Cnt

Moskva becoming a Armory Ship

10 comments in this topic

[HFBI]
Members
2 posts
281 battles

So i just researched the moskva and i was wondering if i should wait to buy it, to maybe get it for free since its researched, or buy it now. I haven't found any news on this regarding the new tech tree changes for the RU Cruiser split

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,363 posts
19,530 battles
1 minute ago, Sam_The_Cnt said:

So i just researched the moskva and i was wondering if i should wait to buy it, to maybe get it for free since its researched, or buy it now. I haven't found any news on this regarding the new tech tree changes for the RU Cruiser split

If you have Moskva researched or have previously researched Moskva, you should get Moskva. Same rules apply to Kirov.

This has been asked about at least 20 times in the forums, and has been mentioned on WG’s dev blog, PTS bulletin,  at least one stream, and @Old_Baldy_One’s forum post from about 2wks ago.

[HFBI]
Members
2 posts
281 battles

Thanks guys and sorry for asking this again i will take the thread down now, very much appreciated the answers tho, and sorry

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,450 posts
14,132 battles
29 minutes ago, Sam_The_Cnt said:

Thanks guys and sorry for asking this again i will take the thread down now, very much appreciated the answers tho, and sorry

No one makes out better than the folks who can unlock it and wait. Anyone who buys/has bought it, is just losing on the deal.

And don’t reset the line, either. Yeah, you’ll still get the Moskva, but any extra grinding you’ve done with Schchors or Donskoi to set yourself up for the split, WG will take that elite XP and shove it right up your a-....umm, assign it to the Orlan. Yeah, assign it to the Orlan. That’s what I meant.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,704 posts
15,738 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

will take that elite XP and shove it right up your a-....umm, assign it to the Orlan. Yeah, assign it to the Orlan. That’s what I meant.

:Smile_veryhappy:

Actually it's the ship-specific XP you're lining up to unlock the Tallinn and the Nevsky that would be burned and wasted. Elite XP works for conversion to FXP wherever it's put. To take an example that's completely divorced from any possible grind or future line split, I could take the 600,000 I've got on my Salem and assign it to the Erie and it wouldn't make a lick of difference as to what I could do with it. 

OP, if you want the ship to play it before the split drops, and you have the credits to afford it and another nearly 7 million credits to give it the upgrade modules, go ahead and get it.

Just don't buy a permacamo for it. It's going to get one anyway, and at the current time there are no indications you'd be given a duplicate to put on her tech-tree replacement. 

I bought mine because I managed to grind it out BEFORE they announced that you didn't need to have it in port to get it as a special. So I thought what the hell, grab it, play a battle with it to really register the fact that it's there, and then sit on it so that I can't possibly miss out. By the time we were told we wouldn't need to actually buy it, I had enough credits that selling it wouldn't improve my position that much.

Not that long ago, we had half-price modules and I had even more credits, so I decided the best thing to do was simply to fit the damn thing out.  The amount I'll get from selling it isn't that much that I can't earn it back fairly quickly, and some of my grinds have so many XP still left on them that building credits will give me something to do while I wait.

[-VCW-]
Members
3,347 posts
16,643 battles

Don't bother buying it. You'll get it without spending a credit if you wait.

[PMWC1]
Members
199 posts
6,370 battles
50 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And don’t reset the line, either. Yeah, you’ll still get the Moskva, but any extra grinding you’ve done with Schchors or Donskoi to set yourself up for the split, WG will take that elite XP and shove it right up your a-....umm, assign it to the Orlan. Yeah, assign it to the Orlan. That’s what I meant.

That depends too.  I had no extra xp on Shchors or Donskoi so I did reset the line.

If I have to regrind tier 9->10 anyway might as well get 20,000 RB points out of it for the legendary upgrade.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,450 posts
14,132 battles
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Actually it's the ship-specific XP you're lining up to unlock the Tallinn and the Nevsky that would be burned and wasted.

To be sure, but I did specifically mention the affected grind ships and the split.

Other aspects of this arrangement that still chap my hide, that haven’t gotten mention in the hubbub:

Upgrade slots: yeah, you can make half your money back selling the ship, but the modules? Yeah, sell them for half cost, but you gotta buy them back at full cost, so you’re eating a 50% LOSS on them. Unless you break out the doubloons. 150 for six modules worth. Not a fortune, but the choice should not be foisted upon us AT ALL.

If you still want to sell the ship to recover sunk cost, then further consider the Unique Upgrade for Moskva: Sell? Well, ya can’t get it back unless you go to the Research Politbureau. Or pay 25 doubloons to keep it?

Bow down to the Research PolitBureau to recover losses and demount everything for free?  Like my  prior post said, everyone who set themselves up by pre-grinding loses out big to do so.

Oh, well: “If you like your modules, you can keep your modules. If you like your UU, you can keep your UU.”

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
390 posts

I’ve bought it just before they announced you just had to research it. I played 2 matches in the Moskva with a freebie captain and no upgrades just to have it in my account. It will be sold before the split just to get some of my credits back. Live & Learn.