You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IXI_Kohaku_IXI

Future Rank suggestion, Stars

8 comments in this topic

[BLOF]
Members
475 posts
4,455 battles

I will never understand WHY, you save a star when your on the losing yet by earning the most EXP but you get nothing for earning the most EXP on the winning team. 

I suggest add the ability to earn an extra star when earning the most EXP on the winning team. This would help make rank less annoying and make progress better. 

Thoughts? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,647 battles
17 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I will never understand WHY, you save a star when your on the losing yet by earning the most EXP but you get nothing for earning the most EXP on the winning team. 

I suggest add the ability to earn an extra star when earning the most EXP on the winning team. This would help make rank less annoying and make progress better. 

Thoughts? 

more than adding a star (which would make you climb 2 rank in some case), I would grant a ''Halsey's star'' that you earn when you finish first of your team and can be lost instead of the actual stars when you lose. (Why Halsey? Because he basically succeed to keep his poor decision hidden behind his good one ;-) ''

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,570 posts
13,024 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Thoughts? 

I like it !!! +1

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,304 battles
3 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

more than adding a star (which would make you climb 2 rank in some case), I would grant a ''Halsey's star'' that you earn when you finish first of your team and can be lost instead of the actual stars when you lose. (Why Halsey? Because he basically succeed to keep his poor decision hidden behind his good one ;-) ''

See what he did there?  Genius. 

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
675 posts
18,335 battles

There should be no "save a star".

How do you save a star, play selfishly, sit in the rear and spam HE.  Most the time you'll save a star but not help your team to win. Either everyone gets a star, or no one does. This will make people work as a team.

Members
648 posts
2 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

There should be no "save a star".

How do you save a star, play selfishly, sit in the rear and spam HE.  Most the time you'll save a star but not help your team to win. Either everyone gets a star, or no one does. This will make people work as a team.

The last time I saved a star, I was in my jervis. I capped 2 caps, killed 2 cruisers and a BB, bullied the enemy shiratsuyu out of cap and spotted for my team. This idea that only selfish play earns xp is wrong-headed and simply untrue. Yes, sometimes camping BBs or kiting cruisers can rack up lots of damage and manage to save their star, but just as often, the people who are working the hardest to win are the ones earning XP. That should be rewarded. 

Now, if you were to argue that capping, defending, tanking damage, and agressive positioning possibly should be weighed more heavily XP-wise than simply dealing damage, then yes, I agree. There is a lot more to winning than damage, although, the main purpose of cruisers and BBs is to blap the enemy team. 

Still. Save a star is a nice reward for good players who get saddled with potato teams. It's a keeper.