You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG lets talk German CV.

14 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts

First if you hate CV please go away.  This is not the thread for you this is for real ideas for the German CV!

The CV looks great, again the art department pulls the hard carry on this one.  I dont care about the hull of the CV because it does not matter, a spotted CV is a dead CV.  

The t4 looks like a newer ship than the t6.  The mems of t6 are already in full swing.

WG for some reason you refuse to use the right planes on almost every ship and we really do want to know why.  No Stukas.  The Stuka is in the top 5 of most recognised planes of WW2 and its not here.  There are no SPD on Ranger instead its Vndacators.  Please fix this.

On to the planes.  

Torps:  there WAY to slow.  It does not matter how much damage they do because the only people that are going to be hit are afk and someone that wants to be hit.  The speed could work if the arming time was say .5 or 0 km away.

Bombs:  AP on graff is good if they hit.  The bombing retical is complete guess work.  The retical does not need to change shape but it needs to be alot smaller.

With Graff you can be on the deck drop your bombs and they cross each other and land in the water.  If you could make the circle alot smaller it might work.

Rockets: they seem fine and do ok damage to light targets but we dont know about BB.  The real problem is damage to DD.  Maybe the rockets could act like SAP or British rounds?

Plane health: planes better reload fast because they have no health.  Speed is health with planes but there not as fast as Graff.  Speeding the planes up or more health would be very useful.

All in all I am looking forward to them but right now they need some tweeking with plane speed/health and torps have to move alot faster.

• Boring 2

[STAFF]
[STAFF]
Members
83 posts
5,619 battles

Yeah, KM CV's look pretty bad right now, torps are far too slow (slower than all T10 BB's!), bombers look like worse Haku bombers, health is crap. AP rockets look like the gimmick right now, we will have to see how good they are.

Those secondaries though...:cap_hmm:

Edited by Quantumphysics333

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
1 minute ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

Yeah, KM CV's look pretty bad right now, torps are far too slow (slower than all T10 BB's!), bombers look like worse Haku bombers, health is crap. AP rockets look like the gimmick right now, we will have to see how good they are.

I like the idea if the rockets were sap stile.

Sec are good but I never want to be that close.

[PISD]
Members
1,470 posts
5,706 battles
35 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Rockets: they seem fine and do ok damage to light targets but we dont know about BB.  The real problem is damage to DD.  Maybe the rockets could act like SAP or British rounds?

against DD, spotting is fairly enough. You trade citadel with rocket for overpen on DD, which is fair.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,046 posts
10,764 battles
51 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Sec are good but I never want to be that close.

Then you are really going to hate this line...

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
32 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Then you are really going to hate this line...

Don't hate it at all in just dont want to get that close. I play my CV with social distance in mind:)

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
57 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

against DD, spotting is fairly enough. You trade citadel with rocket for overpen on DD, which is fair.

Thats assuming cots on cl and ca is possable.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
1 hour ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

AFAIK, the upcoming German CV's do not share the same kind of Secondary power as Graf Zeppelin. I heard that they don't get the improved dispersion on the Secondaries that GZ gets, and they're also missing the 150mm Secondary guns, and only armed with 105mm ones... on top of not quite having enough of them, save for the Tier X carrier.

If some sneaky/bold DD manages to catch them at close range, I don't think they have much to fear from these CV's... lel. :Smile_hiding:

On the plus side, these CV's are still WIP.

[PISD]
Members
1,470 posts
5,706 battles
49 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Thats assuming cots on cl and ca is possable.

they are supposed to have CA level of penetration, and you could already do some citadel on lower tier cruiser with the other rockets so... in theory they should.

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
45 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

they are supposed to have CA level of penetration, and you could already do some citadel on lower tier cruiser with the other rockets so... in theory they should.

The only cit I have ever gotten was in mt ranger. F4F's vs Leander can be very fun! :cap_cool:

Switching from DD hunting to CA hunting is an interesting idea.  The torps have to be changed.

There along way off but want to give them ideas.

[PISD]
Members
1,470 posts
5,706 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The only cit I have ever gotten was in mt ranger. F4F's vs Leander can be very fun! :cap_cool:

Switching from DD hunting to CA hunting is an interesting idea.  The torps have to be changed.

There along way off but want to give them ideas.

I got a few on ships like Kuma, and I wouldn't be surprised that Tiny Tim could do cit on the likes of Smolensk and Minotaur.

And yes it is interesting, and could change some meta. Just the current CB: everybody goes cruisers due to CV, but a Cruiser killing CV could counter that meta.

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
6 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

I got a few on ships like Kuma, and I wouldn't be surprised that Tiny Tim could do cit on the likes of Smolensk and Minotaur.

And yes it is interesting, and could change some meta. Just the current CB: everybody goes cruisers due to CV, but a Cruiser killing CV could counter that meta.

It would also change the way I play.  Torps are the main damage.  As of right now tirps arw usless so rockets will be theain damage.

Personaly I find taking out the crusier are better anyway.  There fast firing and burn down the BB.  When I focus on cruaier I have a higher wr.

[PISD]
Members
1,470 posts
5,706 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

It would also change the way I play.  Torps are the main damage.  As of right now tirps arw usless so rockets will be theain damage.

Personaly I find taking out the crusier are better anyway.  There fast firing and burn down the BB.  When I focus on cruaier I have a higher wr.

torps are nice.

but dropping for over 20k on ships with IJN db is magic ;-)

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
Just now, Y_Nagato said:

torps are nice.

but dropping for over 20k on ships with IJN db is magic ;-)

Nice. 

I have Haku but only played it onse to get the RB points. After rank will try it again.

There will most likey be another prem CV as well to go along with the cv tree.