Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_WaveRider_

Moskva Perma Camo

22 comments in this topic

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts

@Mademoisail and @Hapa_Fodder

Could a quick patch be released to allow those with the Moskva Perma Camo, to sell the camo for doubloons, before the patch where it becomes a premium comes out?

I think it is great that so many are benefitting from the Moskva change to a Premium ship, but why sour a great event by making those who have previously spent money on the perma camo feel like spending money on a WG product was a waste - that can't be a great strategy!? :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

how much (bonus) silver and xp's did you make while had it equipped?     willing to give that back for the gold ???  :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[BUOY]
Members
1,098 posts
15,191 battles

It ain't happening, WG is bound and determined to give those who forked over 5k dubs for a T10 tech tree ship their very own 'Extra' Special Moskva...

• Funny 1

Members
29 posts
4,898 battles

WG's reasoning is that those who have the Moskva permacamo have already benefited from the perks that come with it in the value of 5000 doubloons, therefore no compensation is required. As a Moskva owner with permacamo myself I don't agree with it, but I'm at least putting why they're doing what they're doing out there.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
21 minutes ago, Ozium said:

how much silver and xp's did you make while had it equipped?     willing to give that back for the gold ???  :Smile_popcorn:

I don't have the Moskva - I recently did the grind to Kirov though.

And why give the XP back? You paid for the extra boost to XP and Credits by buying the camo. If WG are now saying that bonus is going to be free for the ship.....

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
21 minutes ago, TheSpreadsheet_ said:

WG's reasoning is that those who have the Moskva permacamo have already benefited from the perks that come with it in the value of 5000 doubloons, therefore no compensation is required. As a Moskva owner with permacamo myself I don't agree with it, but I'm at least putting why they're doing what they're doing out there.

I'm aware of what WGs take on it is, but appreciate you reiterating it for this thread. :Smile_honoring:

I would just say 'public relations' wise, wouldn't it be better for WG to show it is good to buy a perma camo, rather than make many think they just took a wiz into the wind by doing so?

Or more to the point - 'Hey everyone, if you grind to the Moskva, it will become a Premium Ship! Whoop! All free!' :cap_win:

'And you guys that spent money on the game previously.....ummmm, yeah thanks. We hope the choice we are making will encourage you to continue spending in the future!' :cap_like:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,243 posts
9,683 battles
20 minutes ago, TheSpreadsheet_ said:

That holds less weight when you have players that bought said camo a few days or weeks before the announcement came of Moskva becoming a special ship.

Members
443 posts
451 battles

They’re just saving me doubloons in the future. I will run a ship bare buck naked before I buy another perma camo. So, thanks for that, WG.

• Cool 5

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,066 posts
22,585 battles

At the very least WG should "unhitch" the Moskva permacammo from the Moskva and make it a "T10 Russian Cruiser cammo" so you can put it on Moskva's replacement.

• Cool 3

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,045 posts
10,764 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

At the very least WG should "unhitch" the Moskva permacammo from the Moskva and make it a "T10 Russian Cruiser cammo" so you can put it on Moskva's replacement.

Sort of this. People that bought the primary permanent Camo for Moskva should get the same Camo for Nevsky, even if they don't actually have Nevsky yet. As for the other camos, like space and other special event stuff, that should stay with Moskva with no refunds because that is artsy camo, and those are really different in concept anyway. They also usually cost more than the standard T10 camo anyway.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,541 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

@Mademoisail and @Hapa_Fodder

Could a quick patch be released to allow those with the Moskva Perma Camo, to sell the camo for doubloons, before the patch where it becomes a premium comes out?

Because … WG

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
6 posts
15,437 battles

I was one of those unlucky folks who purchased the Moskva Camo shortly before the announcement was made, so no I did not get to benefit much from having it and yes I'm a little upset about it.  To be fair, WOWs should either refund or compensate the folks who purchased the Camo within a certain time frame before the announcement was made public.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
21,564 posts
15,643 battles
3 hours ago, TheSpreadsheet_ said:

WG's reasoning is that those who have the Moskva permacamo have already benefited from the perks that come with it in the value of 5000 doubloons, therefore no compensation is required.

I have a funny feeling that if the Moskva had been kicking over to become the Tier 10 of the Heavy line, you would have got permacamo compensation. Part of this is because she's becoming a "special"/premium ship, for which others will have to pay something in the region of 250K coal later, but I agree it must be irksome for you that those who didn't even pay credits for the ship yet are getting a free permacamo in hand (which the ship has to get when she becomes premium anyway) whereas you aren't even getting the doubloons that should come with the standard permacamo being duplicated.

2 hours ago, Khafni said:

Either that or issue Type 20 Moskva permacamo to everyone who has the ship and allow doubloon compensation for the duplicate for the people who already have it. 

@Hapa_Fodder Please tell the powers that be that it's not too late to do the right thing, follow the precedent set by the American Cruiser split, and win back a lot of goodwill. 

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,066 posts
22,585 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a funny feeling that if the Moskva had been kicking over to become the Tier 10 of the Heavy line, you would have got permacamo compensation. Part of this is because she's becoming a "special"/premium ship, for which others will have to pay something in the region of 250K coal later, but I agree it must be irksome for you that those who didn't even pay credits for the ship yet are getting a free permacamo in hand (which the ship has to get when she becomes premium anyway) whereas you aren't even getting the doubloons that should come with the standard permacamo being duplicated.

Either that or issue Type 20 Moskva permacamo to everyone who has the ship and allow doubloon compensation for the duplicate for the people who already have it. 

@Hapa_Fodder Please tell the powers that be that it's not too late to do the right thing, follow the precedent set by the American Cruiser split, and win back a lot of goodwill. 

This is good advice WG! Do you doubt that the 5k dub refund won't be reinvested in the game and maybe even a little more "bought" to acquire something of greater value? Don't be so stingy with the digital goods!

[O_O]
Members
6,753 posts
16,152 battles

This doesn't affect me since I haven't bought Moskva's perma-camo, but I absolutely agree those who have should either get a replacement camo for the new tech tree Tier 10, or doubloon compensation.

The way WG is planning to handle this is simply weak sauce.

• Cool 1

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
433 posts
10,045 battles

Hey WG with just under 21000xp on my Moskva have I got full value for my Camo?  I bought the camo for a tier ten tech tree, the suggestions above for a refund or placeable camo option are right on!

[KAPPA]
Members
1,341 posts
7,814 battles
12 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

That holds less weight when you have players that bought said camo a few days or weeks before the announcement came of Moskva becoming a special ship.

Like me, with a grand total of a whopping 28 co-op battles played in the ship since I got it around Jan/Feb this year. No way in hell have I managed to even make back the credit cost of the dang ship in those battles, let alone earn anything extra that could remotely be twisted to fit under the title of 'compensation'. This is straight up robbery, as I've said on a couple of the other threads where this came up. 

• Cool 2

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,532 posts
10,092 battles
20 hours ago, Ozium said:

how much (bonus) silver and xp's did you make while had it equipped?     willing to give that back for the gold ???  :Smile_popcorn:

You see potato, this reasoning doesn't work because they spent both money AND time to earn that extra bonuses.  

We both know this post is a pathetic attempt at trolling at best, that or your hidden stats say 42% or lower.  I don't know which would be more true.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,114 posts
5,649 battles
1 hour ago, CaliburxZero said:

You see potato, this reasoning doesn't work because they spent both money AND time to earn that extra bonuses.  

We both know this post is a pathetic attempt at trolling at best, that or your hidden stats say 42% or lower.  I don't know which would be more true.

You did not spend your time.  You played a game.  You might be able to claim you earned the base rewards with your time, but even that is an absurd commercialization of relaxation.  The bonuses were most certainly because of the camo.

Both those asking for a doubloon refund and WG are, in my opinion, wrong.  Those with a Moskova permacamo should simply be given a Nevsky permacamo, that way they still have something that costs other players doubloons and in the appropriate place at the top of the Russian CL tree.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

1,063 posts
4 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

:Smile_amazed:  it seems you are the one trolling with name calling and trying to bait me with innuendo just because i choose to not show my stats.

what time?  sure it takes time to play but that's regardless if have bought the camo or not, and don't see how that affects the issue of asking for refund when they have already derived some benefit from it's use.

[M-B]
[M-B]
212 posts
11,298 battles

Transfer my camo to the replacement, problem solved, why does WG have to make things so complicated sometimes? I don't want a refund, I don't want a special "I had the other camo before" camo for coal moskva, I just want my TECH TREE camo on a TECH TREE T10 replacement.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this