Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Alternative way of handling Moskva with the Soviet cruiser split

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,301 battles

It's no secret that the Soviet cruiser split is the least player-friendly line split to date in this game. It has caused a lot of uproar about how the replacement of Moskva by Alexander Nevsky is handled. Currently, Moskva owners get nothing when Nevsky replaces it in the tech tree.

I propose the following offer be added when Alexander Nevsky goes live.

Moskva owners will have a choice, either...
Sell Moskva before the patch goes live. In return she will be removed from port along with her native permanent camouflage, special camouflages such as space-themed and halloween will be sent to the inventory. All the XP earned on Moskva will be transferred to Dmitri Donskoi, A permanent camouflage for Alexander Nevsky will also be added to the inventory.

Keep Moskva purchased before the patch goes live. Moskva is converted to a special ship as planned and no XP is transferred. Exactly the way it is now. 

This choice will essentially allow interested players to exchange their special ship Moskva for an Alexander Nevsky. And if they own the permanent camouflage for Moskva, have it converted into Alexander Nevsky's permanent camouflage. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,903 posts
22,666 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

It's no secret that the Soviet cruiser split is the least player-friendly line split to date in this game. It has caused a lot of uproar about how the replacement of Moskva by Alexander Nevsky is handled. Currently, Moskva owners get nothing when Nevsky replaces it in the tech tree.

I propose the following offer be added when Alexander Nevsky goes live.

Moskva owners will have a choice, either...
Sell Moskva before the patch goes live. In return she will be removed from port along with her native permanent camouflage, special camouflages such as space-themed and halloween will be sent to the inventory. All the XP earned on Moskva will be transferred to Dmitri Donskoi, A permanent camouflage for Alexander Nevsky will also be added to the inventory.

Keep Moskva purchased before the patch goes live. Moskva is converted to a special ship as planned and no XP is transferred. Exactly the way it is now. 

This choice will essentially allow interested players to exchange their special ship Moskva for an Alexander Nevsky. And if they own the permanent camouflage for Moskva, have it converted into Alexander Nevsky's permanent camouflage. 

Why would you agree to give away a special ship for a tree ship?

You can always grind out the tree ship so why would you wanna give away the special Moskva for the tree ship.

The issue is not that you need to grind out the T10...it's that those that paid for the camo get no compensation for it when everybody else will get it for free.

It would be nice if they give you the tree T10 like they did in other splits when a tree ship was moved but nobody is asking (& they surely won't be agreeing) to be given the tree ship at the cost of losing the Moskva when it is going to become a special ship.

(Insert many question marks here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,967
[USCC2]
Members
6,171 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Why would you agree to give away a special ship for a tree ship?

You can always grind out the tree ship so why would you wanna give away the special Moskva for the tree ship.

The issue is not that you need to grind out the T10...it's that those that paid for the camo get no compensation for it when everybody else will get it for free.

It would be nice if they give you the tree T10 like they did in other splits when a tree ship was moved but nobody is asking (& they surely won't be agreeing) to be given the tree ship at the cost of losing the Moskva when it is going to become a special ship.

(Insert many question marks here)

I understand those that feel ripped off who recently bought the camo and now see others get it for free. But on the other hand I think some just seem peeved at someone else's good fortune.

 

Should I ask for the coal compensation for ships I bought for money, but are now available for coal? I actually think its great others are benefitting from the change.

Should those who bought the Atlanta before the AA and IFHE changes get their money back?

Why when some earned the Flint and Black (which probably felt like quite an achievement) , can others soon get it just for coal?

 

There are a lot of areas that can be questioned here - and I am not asking you specifically @IfYouSeeKhaos

 

Personally I do not think it would hurt WG to write a few lines of code to make the Moskva perma camo sellable for doubloons now, before the Moskva premium change! :Smile_honoring:

@Mademoisail and @Hapa_Fodder I don't have the Moskva so don't lay claim to any 'rights', but could the above underlined request be considered please?

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,301 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Why would you agree to give away a special ship for a tree ship?

You can always grind out the tree ship so why would you wanna give away the special Moskva for the tree ship.

The issue is not that you need to grind out the T10...it's that those that paid for the camo get no compensation for it when everybody else will get it for free.

It would be nice if they give you the tree T10 like they did in other splits when a tree ship was moved but nobody is asking (& they surely won't be agreeing) to be given the tree ship at the cost of losing the Moskva when it is going to become a special ship.

(Insert many question marks here)

I feel like if WG is going to replace a tier 10 tech tree ship and then convert her to a special ship, players should get a choice (regardless of whether or not its a sound choice) to either own the replacement ship or keep the special ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,903 posts
22,666 battles
2 hours ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

I feel like if WG is going to replace a tier 10 tech tree ship and then convert her to a special ship, players should get a choice (regardless of whether or not its a sound choice) to either own the replacement ship or keep the special ship

But you can grind out the tree ship rather quickly...if you give away the Moskva to do it you would need to pay coal to get it back & it would take a whole lot more grinding to do that...especially when you already have it.

Giving it up to get an easily grindable tree ship seems like a bad idea for WG to even suggest.

You do realize that special ships get a baked in 50% post battle repair cosy + an extra 50% post battle repair cost from their camo taking the 180k post battle cost down to 45k post battle cost right? Why would you give that up for a tree ship that at best gets the 180k knocked down to 90k w/the camo? Makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,903 posts
22,666 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I understand those that feel ripped off who recently bought the camo and now see others get it for free. But on the other hand I think some just seem peeved at someone else's good fortune.

 

Should I ask for the coal compensation for ships I bought for money, but are now available for coal? I actually think its great others are benefitting from the change.

Should those who bought the Atlanta before the AA and IFHE changes get their money back?

Why when some earned the Flint and Black (which probably felt like quite an achievement) , can others soon get it just for coal?

 

There are a lot of areas that can be questioned here - and I am not asking you specifically @IfYouSeeKhaos

 

Personally I do not think it would hurt WG to write a few lines of code to make the Moskva perma camo sellable for doubloons now, before the Moskva premium change! :Smile_honoring:

@Mademoisail and @Hapa_Fodder I don't have the Moskva so don't lay claim to any 'rights', but could the above underlined request be considered please?

That's never gonna be considered unfortunately...if it was gonna be it would have already been announced.

I think there might be a mission (whenMoskva drops as a special ship) added in to get the T10 camos for 1 of the new ships that will allow those w/the Moskva to get it way easier (as in Moskva only  doable missions)...it will also benefit those that got the camo for free but allow those that paid for it to get an equivalent camo free.

Just speculative...no insider info or anything...just guessing something like that may happen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×