Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FullTimeOutlaw

Kremlin Ricochets

15 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
17,322 battles

Scenario.......

Bow tanking a reversing Moskva at 8-10 km, hit him a bunch of times and zap him down to B/T 1000 and 800hp.......... He decides to engage after a Shima only got one torp in me, survival mode, comes in port side to at 4km almost 60 degrees to me and I let the forward guns go........ Mid ship the rounds go in and it registers 6 ricochets, does this sound possible at all? Seems a little fishy if you ask me but who am I to know about what things/add ons are in this game.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,808 posts
14,740 battles
9 minutes ago, FullTimeOutlaw said:

Seems a little fishy if you ask me but who am I to know about what things/add ons are in this game.

seems a little fishy if you cant post a replay

Members
31 posts
17,322 battles
15 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

seems a little fishy if you cant post a replay

Not sure where you are going with this, some aren't as in to Vid/recording games for personal reasons.... I guess I'm just full of S#$t

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,808 posts
14,740 battles

a replay is better then the word description in your situation.

and replay are automatically recorded many many many many patch ago (30 replays since the last battle)

Look inside your WoW folder, and look for  folder "replays", exit your current game, and replay the replay to find out the one

post it here

• Cool 1

Members
3,694 posts
21,969 battles

Almost 17k games played and you don't know that the last 30 replays are saved in a folder for ages now?

• Boring 1

Members
31 posts
17,322 battles
40 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

a replay is better then the word description in your situation.

and replay are automatically recorded many many many many patch ago (30 replays since the last battle)

Look inside your WoW folder, and look for  folder "replays", exit your current game, and replay the replay to find out the one

post it here

Is this what you are looking for?

20200521_185436_PRSB110-Sovetskaya-Rossiya_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

Members
3,694 posts
21,969 battles

I watched it twice and you pushed way too aggressively for that point in the match to an area where you couldn't easily maneuver. I think had you stayed put  at that island maybe you avoid taking that torp.

Also, your hyper focus on the Moskva had you completely ignore a fully broadside BB not much further behind the Moskva that you should have citadel mutliple times.

The shots in question at the end were high on the hull. Doesn't look like he was 60 degrees and much closer than 4 km at that point. I can see why there were ricochets but it looks like unlucky RNG that you didn't get 1-2 overpens.

Maybe someone else has a different view on it.

[CHASE]
Modder
115 posts
4,604 battles
15 hours ago, FullTimeOutlaw said:

what things/add ons are in this game.

Interactions between shells and armour are 100% handled by the server, for that reason no amount of "add ons" or other cheats can change that behavior. If doing so was possible, then everyone would cheat all the time by modding their DDs to citadel battleships, mod their armour to be immune against all kinds of damage etc, and have you seen that happen? No. You'd come a long way by just sitting for a minute and thinking about it instead of spewing it on the forums.

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

If you got a ricochet the angles were probably worse than you think. I run a mod that shows the angle of the ship you've locked on and I'm often very surprised at the angles. You might also have had some RNG come into play to cause the shell to arc and hit at a bad angle.

Members
31 posts
17,322 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

Almost 17k games played and you don't know that the last 30 replays are saved in a folder for ages now?

Not sure this has any relevance but thanks for being.... That Guy

Members
31 posts
17,322 battles
On 5/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, Nikoolix said:

Interactions between shells and armour are 100% handled by the server, for that reason no amount of "add ons" or other cheats can change that behavior. If doing so was possible, then everyone would cheat all the time by modding their DDs to citadel battleships, mod their armour to be immune against all kinds of damage etc, and have you seen that happen? No. You'd come a long way by just sitting for a minute and thinking about it instead of spewing it on the forums.

LOL...... Just never seen such witch craft that all six shells that you can see go through the main structure can lead to zero damage and all ricochets...... But thanks ill keep closer watch from now on..

[N-W-T]
Members
35 posts
3,370 battles

Its not you bro, they screwed the Kremlin up badly and when you complain or try to get answers all you get is a bunch of criticism. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CHASE]
Modder
115 posts
4,604 battles
18 hours ago, Smthkd said:

Its not you bro, they screwed the Kremlin up badly and when you complain or try to get answers all you get is a bunch of criticism. 

Kremlin's AP shells don't have any worse ricochet angles than any other ship. So you're saying that one person being unlucky by shooting just above the autobounce boundary without noticing somehow proves something that 10,000 players, after hundreds thousands battles, did not notice? Crawl back into your conspiracy theory cave please.

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,500 battles
On 5/29/2020 at 8:29 PM, Smthkd said:

Hey

I believe you and have been complaining for a while now about BB ricochet's and over pens.  Played a game in Kremlin during last seasons CB and shot another Kremlin dead in the water about 8 KM or so in front of me and all 6 shells landed short, next salvo of 6, 1 over pen and 1 ricochet.  Played her last weak and 6 km from another BB and all shells dispersed so badly, it was worse than most of my German boats and I have well over 1 million ship XP on her.  She is NOT acting the same as it did when it first came out.  I really question game manipulation and quiet Nerf's to BBs in general.  I catch flack for it, but something is happening in this game.  No wonder CC's are talking about the death of BB's.

Pete

Sign in to follow this