You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Toxic people in Ranked.

61 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
285 posts
8,527 battles

There is a reason people chose not to play the competitive games, the toxic crap you are exposed to in chat.

It's ok to be able to mute/block one or two players, but it gets really bad when you have half the team piling it on each other.    

I enjoy competitive play, but someone is going to lose and when it starts to go downhill, too often it just turns into a finger pointing exercise for many.  Usually, the weakest players on the team.

I know this horse has been flogged skinless, I just really wish they could come up with a better system for dealing with it. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts

Yea everyone is made at CV...o wait....  Its nice to watch DD not capping and complaning that DD so hard to play when there is nothing to hinder there play.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,366 posts

It's the nature of the anonymous internet.

Everyone is a tough guy when their nose can't get pushed in.

Col Out

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles
17 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

this horse has been flogged skinless

And the bones ground into powder. Fee Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of one come undone (in ranked)

Yep, more rewards brings everybody out of the woodworks. 
Thankful WG gave us the “mute” option.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its nice to watch DD not capping and complaning that DD so hard to play when there is nothing to hinder there play.

Except for every game having multiple Atlantas, Belfasts or Indianapolis :)

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Except for every game having multiple Atlantas, Belfasts or Indianapolis :)

I have had a mix in every game.  There are 2 Sinop and I will guess it will all ve Sinop so on but the reat has been 1 Belfast and a mix.  No French though 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Indianapolis :)

The only one I own of the three. Love it too!

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
20 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

War... war never changes

from the Fallout series.....

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
23 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

There is a reason people chose not to play the competitive games, the toxic crap you are exposed to in chat.

It's ok to be able to mute/block one or two players, but it gets really bad when you have half the team piling it on each other.    

I enjoy competitive play, but someone is going to lose and when it starts to go downhill, too often it just turns into a finger pointing exercise for many.  Usually, the weakest players on the team.

I know this horse has been flogged skinless, I just really wish they could come up with a better system for dealing with it. 

And yes, today was loss after loss after loss and a lot of toxicity......  Bad enough losing the same way game after game too...  So, I'm taking a few days off and will try again later.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts
Just now, Asym_KS said:

from the Fallout series.....

Err...kind of. They got it from somewhere. :Smile_teethhappy:

"I have never advocated war except as means of peace, so seek peace, but prepare for war. Because war... War never changes."

Ulysses S. Grant, 18th US President of the United States

• Cool 4

[NSEW]
Members
2,097 posts
11,306 battles
27 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

War... war never changes

Surely you also meant; People, people never changes.

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Err...kind of. They got it from somewhere. :Smile_teethhappy:

"I have never advocated war except as means of peace, so seek peace, but prepare for war. Because war... War never changes."

Ulysses S. Grant, 18th US President of the United States

I liked that they used it in their trailers and intro's..........  Because it seemed Germaine:  coming from the man who created an apocalypse scenario in the Southern US during the Civil War.....  There were cities in the South that looked like they came from the Fallout series....!!!   I'm playing FO4 when I get bored with losing in Ranked matches.   I can't seem to get to 14 no matter  what I do.???

[CYNIC]
Members
2,769 posts
6,976 battles

I'd take decent salty players over nice potatoes -- ranked isn't about being nice, it's about winning.  Co op is where you go for nice, randoms is where you go for the mix of them and ranked is where the salt flows and you best be able to handle your own.  Give me decent salty over those the potato claiming "this is a team game so I can do ranked too"

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
28,141 posts
24,488 battles

Ranked has always been a big Salt Lake.

What's funny is I could play a FPS game like Battlefield, Call of Duty, and the players are more mellow.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
7 minutes ago, PhosphorusForFun said:

Fiji any day.

I played the Fiji for several battles. It's a good cruiser at tier VII. In fact, I like it better at tier VII than the Minotaur at tier X.

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
1 minute ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I'd take decent salty players over nice potatoes -- ranked isn't about being nice, it's about winning.  Co op is where you go for nice, randoms is where you go for the mix of them and ranked is where the salt flows and you best be able to handle your own.  Give me decent salty over those the potato claiming "this is a team game so I can do ranked too"

Are we playing the same game?  Ranked has 8 year olds playing it daily..........you do realize that???  Those ships that crash into an Island and never fire a shot???  Or, every match I've been in these past two days you get conversations like:  "Hey Sims, are you going to do something???  Anything???"  "Would you please shoot something !!............and, in chat you read" what key changes the ammo.........??"  You may be right in concept...........but, the hard reality is that it's a crap shoot as too how many grade schoolers you have on your team......  An adult potato would at least give you a chance......

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I liked that they used it in their trailers and intro's..........  Because it seemed Germaine:  coming from the man who created an apocalypse scenario in the Southern US during the Civil War.....  There were cities in the South that looked like they came from the Fallout series....!!!   I'm playing FO4 when I get bored with losing in Ranked matches.   I can't seem to get to 14 no matter  what I do.???

It's the other way around.  The locations in the game look like real places because they are real places and are modeled after them.  Then made to look like those real places might, if the events of the Fallout games had happened.

You can go to WV for example and walk into some of the actual buildings, that exist in the FO76 game, etc.

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I played the Fiji for several battles. It's a good cruiser at tier VII. In fact, I like it better at tier VII than the Minotaur at tier X.

It is a good ship and I like it as well.   Haven't tried it in ranked because so far, the three I have been in were 100% one way stomps.....  So much so, I'm giving Ranked a break.

[PVE]
Members
4,645 posts
20,517 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

It's the other way around.  The locations in the game look like real places because the are real places and are modeled after them.  Then made to look like those real places might, if the events of the Fallout games had happened.

I know.........  Been playing that series since inception.  Haven't taken on FO76 because all of my FO friends have hated it.....   Heck, I'm replaying 4 when I get tired of losing in this game.  Even saw a COOP loss this morning???

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I know.........  Been playing that series since inception.  Haven't taken on FO76 because all of my FO friends have hated it.....   Heck, I'm replaying 4 when I get tired of losing in this game.  Even saw a COOP loss this morning???

76 isn't the best, that's for sure.  It's a fun time though if you like the series and can look past it's faults.  For the price, I wouldn't skip it entirely.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,065 posts

Sounds like a target rich environment to mine Salt.  Turn off the chat, pour 3 fingers of your favorite adult beverage and fire up a Tier 7 Smolensk ... :Smile_trollface:

What's hated most at Tier 7?  Other than Belfast I suppose.

Actually, I'd bet the Worst ship to play would cause more angst than the most OP ship.

Edited by DocWalker

[DIEBL]
Members
640 posts
8,416 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Pretty sure I broke the PR system On wows stats and numbers with it.  Only had the one game this season so far so should still be there but cant get there on my phone :(

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

There is a reasonable expectation that people who choose to play a more competitive mode will be.... More competitive. The lazy, low-skill playstyles that are passable in operations and coop don't work in randoms and are absolutely unacceptable in ranked. If you are playing badly, expect to be informed and prepared to quickly make the changes. Otherwise you better put on nomex, you deserve to get flamed and folks are gonna pile it on because....

THEY DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME LOSING BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE INCONSIDERATE POTATOES.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1