You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Baritone4

The first thing you'll see at the dockyard

52 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
165 posts

Once you are past the intros the first thing you get is a doubloon discount on 8 construction phases (ignore the actual amount; PTS values are not necessarily the same as Live server values). The coupon expires once you unlock phase 1, so you have to figure out at the very beginning of an 8 week long event whether or not you'll make enough progress for the discount to be worth it. 

shot-20_05.21_13_47.43-0770.thumb.jpg.addbb0bcfa15c3f241469ac5f009ef8f.jpgshot-20_05.21_13_48.20-0926.thumb.jpg.27e7d6de2bb10613f39f87ed224d621f.jpg

• Cool 2

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
770 posts
27,803 battles
2 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

LOL I feel a PR2 coming on and we aren't in the season of goodwill!

This event looks to be far more reasonable than PR....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts
3 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

Don't say it out loud.  The "I just want to be angry" people who are about to respond, don't want the truth.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
770 posts
27,803 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Don't say it out loud.  The "I just want to be angry" people who are about to respond, don't want the truth.

Oh ok...ill zip my mouth shut..

Members
292 posts
Just now, Grapefruitcannon said:

I agree on that, but at the end of the day this is by all accounts a fairly weak tier 8 BB not a tier 10.......

• Boring 1

[SLI]
9,550 posts
6 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

I agree on that, but at the end of the day this is by all accounts a fairly weak tier 8 BB not a tier 10.......

It also a lot cheaper than a T10.  As I understand they current setup of the event, it's much easier than the PR was, you have twice as long and if you complete the event, the T8 will end up being about $14.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles

$14 for the low, and for an additional $18, you can cut the grind by a third.

Seems straightforward enough.

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
Just now, Burnsy said:

It also a lot cheaper than a T10.  As I understand they current setup of the event, it's much easier than the PR was, you have twice as long and if you complete the event, the T8 will end up being about $14.

The PR event you could complete a tier 7 for free relatively easily........(this event you are getting what a 66% discount assuming you have played through all phases)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
12 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

9 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

This, the directives are much more reasonable and mere mortals should be able to do them this time.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,819 posts
38,618 battles
9 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

How can you say that when we have not seen it yet?

The accelerated - easy missions you see in PT do not necessarily correspond to release. Everybody liked PR in PT, then we found reality.

• Cool 3

[SLI]
9,550 posts
9 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

The PR event you could complete a tier 7 for free relatively easily........(this event you are getting what a 66% discount assuming you have played through all phases)

Aye.  Not saying that it's a great ship.  It might end up being weak.  What it is though, is a REALLY cheap T8 premium BB.  It's a great deal if you don't already have one for the German line and don't want to spend the money on the Tirp or whatever.

[SLI]
9,550 posts
5 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

The accelerated - easy missions you see in PT do not necessarily correspond to release. Everybody liked PR in PT, then we found reality.

We have had the full mission requirements from the dev blog for a while now.  Over a week I think.

As long as they don't change them up to much, it is much easier than the PR was.

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
Just now, Burnsy said:

Aye.  Not saying that it's a great ship.  It might end up being weak.  What it is though, is a REALLY cheap T8 premium BB.  It's a great deal if don't already have one for the German line and don't want to spend the money on the Tirp or whatever.

That is indeed true it will be interesting to see what happens to the other German BB....

[SLI]
9,550 posts
6 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Here is an overview.

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
16 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

I am being hopeful WG may have learned their lesson and will instead be doing what they do in World of Tanks Blitz with this type of event. Where you have the big vehicle that is either difficult or impossible to get without paying cash, but they also have another vehicle a couple tiers lower that is good and appeases the player base enough to prevent any riots. And last couple Tank events I participated in that lower vehicle was nothing to sneeze at in power levels either. And the higher tiered vehicles I mainly did not get because of playing WOWs so not enough time to fully focus on both. But prior to WOWs I did manage to get some high tiered premium tanks that since have been very highly sought after by those that missed certain events.

So this “ PR Dockyard 2.0 event” could turn out far better than the last one if I am correct in WG having learned their lesson and perhaps taking some notes from their cousin game / dev team.

• Funny 1

[SLI]
9,550 posts
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Here is an overview.

And here is a brand new update, I haven't watched it yet:

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
770 posts
27,803 battles
15 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Well if Wg is gonna pull off with what they did in the last event im pretty sure its gonna blow up in a massive nuke style badda boom.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
7 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

The directives and their requirements were in the news section of the portal and were linked to here where the real requirements for the PR event were hidden until the patch which rightly drove the brouhaha over the event.

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles

give WG one thing, the animations for the Dockyard are still awesome AF

• Cool 2

Members
591 posts
5,040 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

That was the one thing they didn't mess up! Glad to see the Dockyard come back.

Members
292 posts
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

the art team have again done an amazing job, I would buy it as my screensaver, if they want to make some money off me!!!!

[SLI]
9,550 posts

So it looks like if you whale the Odin from the start with money, then you grind out the stages after, you end up with a load of steel.  At least that's how it is on the PTS anyway.  Dunno if that will go in live or not.

[PVE]
Members
14,750 posts
31,408 battles
22 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

$14 for the low, and for an additional $18, you can cut the grind by a third.

Seems straightforward enough.

Yup. I actually hope they offer the discounted pack at the beginning on live. That is a small amount to pay to ease the grind. I am tired of grind after grind after grind. That is something I would consider doing even though my spending with WG has gone down because it helps me out a lot.

I will bash WG again and again when they deserve it (like how they are ripping off owners of the Moskva camo) but I will also applaud them when they offer something reasonable in cost and playtime. They have done a MUCH better job in Dockyard 2.0. They deserve no abuse for this. IMO.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,550 posts
6,999 battles

Cool, an event which rewards my investment with a discount to buy a ship I don't want to buy... totally enticing

• Funny 1