BingleJells

Random Battle Queue Times Excessively Long?

9 comments in this topic

[LWC]
Beta Testers
16 posts
3,338 battles

Past two days I've been waiting sometimes 5 minutes to get put into a match, and it's often something ridiculous like a 6v6 with no DD's or 9v9 with 6 BB a side. Did they break MM with a hotfix?

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
3 minutes ago, BingleJells said:

Past two days I've been waiting sometimes 5 minutes to get put into a match, and it's often something ridiculous like a 6v6 with no DD's or 9v9 with 6 BB a side. Did they break MM with a hotfix?

It depends on what level you're trying to play if your trying a play lower tiers nobody plays them much anymore 

[LWC]
Beta Testers
16 posts
3,338 battles

It's all been tier 9 and 10, since I have been leveling four tier 9's concurrently.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles

Hmm 

Well i haven't played randoms in a week so that is weird, maybe a lot of people playing ranked?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,424 posts
9 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Hmm 

Well i haven't played randoms in a week so that is weird, maybe a lot of people playing ranked?

Considering numbers are up quite a bit due to the lockdowns, I can't see how random would not have enough players in queue.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
1 hour ago, SilverPhatShips said:

It depends on what level you're trying to play if your trying a play lower tiers nobody plays them much anymore 

It also depends on the time of day.

[LWC]
Beta Testers
16 posts
3,338 battles

I'll reluctantly admit that I've been playing most hours of the day since I'm in isolation anyway with nothing better to do. It's been happening at all hours. I haven't had a single match take less than a minute for the queue to pop in days.

Is a minute a long time generally? Not at all. But for years it's usually taken less than 5 seconds so this is a pretty huge jump. I don't really understand why it's happening. Ranked play launching seems as good a theory as any.

[WG]
Developers
134 posts
On 5/22/2020 at 12:14 PM, BingleJells said:

I'll reluctantly admit that I've been playing most hours of the day since I'm in isolation anyway with nothing better to do. It's been happening at all hours. I haven't had a single match take less than a minute for the queue to pop in days.

Is a minute a long time generally? Not at all. But for years it's usually taken less than 5 seconds so this is a pretty huge jump. I don't really understand why it's happening. Ranked play launching seems as good a theory as any.

Have you tried to submit a ticket regarding this issue?