Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Ranked Q

19 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

I see in the ranked standing page in ur profile at stage 12 a irrecoverable then the next irrecoverable is all the way at level 1.   Does it mean you can just float between 12 and 1 with needing lots of wins to get to level 1.  If thats it..... ufff with the losing streaks i have ill never move up..  lol   it maybe like quit while ur ahead?  

[TBW]
Members
10,582 posts
18,120 battles
4 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I see in the ranked standing page in ur profile at stage 12 a irrecoverable then the next irrecoverable is all the way at level 1.   Does it mean you can just float between 12 and 1 with needing lots of wins to get to level 1.  If thats it..... ufff with the losing streaks i have ill never move up..  lol   it maybe like quit while ur ahead?  

Ranked is all about being the first place player so if you lose you don't lose a star. It's a nice place to grind your tier 7 ships for a change from 12 on 12 battles. I made it to rank 4 I think, in the second season and then fell back to rank 9 and never seriously tried to rank out ever again. It's pretty stupid that Ranked battles are trying to rank an individual, yet sticks them with a random team of people who are trying to be ranked individually too. Luck has more to do with it than skill. It most certainly doesn't rank how well you play as a team player. If WG called it Grind For Steel mode it would be more appropriately titled.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts
26 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ranked is all about being the first place player so if you lose you don't lose a star. It's a nice place to grind your tier 7 ships for a change from 12 on 12 battles. I made it to rank 4 I think, in the second season and then fell back to rank 9 and never seriously tried to rank out ever again. It's pretty stupid that Ranked battles are trying to rank an individual, yet sticks them with a random team of people who are trying to be ranked individually too. Luck has more to do with it than skill. It most certainly doesn't rank how well you play as a team player. If WG called it Grind For Steel mode it would be more appropriately titled.

The same players tend to rank out every season.  Watch Noster or Mr G, etc etc.  They climb the ranks to number 1, every season.

They do it because they are the players that make the difference on whatever team they end up on, more often than not.  They "carry" a team that would have otherwise lost, to a win, for themselves or they are number 1 on the losing team and save their star.

They aren't doing it over and over every season, because they are just super lucky. 

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

yup.. Its ok its something other then Random even though its almost the same. From where I stand once u get to level 12 and not being part of the wow clique or big clan with lots of friends and not being on disgord with the amount of defeats i get handed in a row it wont never happen without the saftynet of irrecoverable's.  Im still happy with level 12.. some cool gifts and a little steel.  Have fun stay safe

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
19 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Yep.

Used to be an irrevocable at Rank 5 but they got rid of it a long time ago.  I guess the devs figured the users thought that was too accommodating and wanted Ranked to be more challenging.

Ever since they removed the Rank-5 irrevocable I've only played Ranked to get the flag.  This season is the first Ranked I've participated in five seasons or more, and I'm only doing it because it's Tier VII.

[A-D-F]
8,015 posts
6 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

yup.. Its ok its something other then Random even though its almost the same. From where I stand once u get to level 12 and not being part of the wow clique or big clan with lots of friends and not being on disgord with the amount of defeats i get handed in a row it wont never happen without the saftynet of irrecoverable's.  Im still happy with level 12.. some cool gifts and a little steel.  Have fun stay safe

I doesn't have anything to do with clans, friends or discord.  You can't division with others in full ranked seasons, it's just you.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,962 battles

The only consistent factor in ranked is yourself. If you have a 40% wr or take 1000 battles to rank out, then it's not your team's fault.  Taking away ranked 5 as being irrevocable was a great change imo

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,662 posts
12,125 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The same players tend to rank out every season.  Watch Noster or Mr G, etc etc.  They climb the ranks to number 1, every season.

They do it because they are the players that make the difference on whatever team they end up on, more often than not.  They "carry" a team that would have otherwise lost, to a win, for themselves or they are number 1 on the losing team and save their star.

They aren't doing it over and over every season, because they are just super lucky. 

You have to throw in Luck.  Because they can't 1 on 7.  You need to have someone spotting and capping.

[A-D-F]
8,015 posts
20 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

You have to throw in Luck.  Because they can't 1 on 7.  You need to have someone spotting and capping.

Sure the individual match here and there has some RNG in it.  RNG and luck now and then, is a part of the game. 

The point is that it isn't luck that some players do it over and over, every season.  They reach rank 1 not randomly or once in a while. They reach rank 1, consistently, because they make it happen. 

The difference between a fluke and consistency, being lucky and being able to do something on command, is skill and competence.

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

I doesn't have anything to do with clans, friends or discord.  You can't division with others in full ranked seasons, it's just you.

the only way ur statment is true is IF its 1 on 1 and its not.  Big clans drop sync so whats that about? to play against each other..lol no  or discord when u can talk to people on opposing team... ya not supposed to but we alll know they do.. so the way this ranked is is def not all you.. it cant be.... the end

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts
51 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

The only consistent factor in ranked is yourself. If you have a 40% wr or take 1000 battles to rank out, then it's not your team's fault.  Taking away ranked 5 as being irrevocable was a great change imo

same as the other guy.....     the only way ur statment is true is IF its 1 on 1 and its not.  Big clans drop sync so whats that about? to play against each other..lol no  or discord when u can talk to people on opposing team... ya not supposed to but we alll know they do.. so the way this ranked is is def not all you.. it cant be.... the end

[A-D-F]
8,015 posts
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

the only way ur statment is true is IF its 1 on 1 and its not.  Big clans drop sync so whats that about? to play against each other..lol no  or discord when u can talk to people on opposing team... ya not supposed to but we alll know they do.. so the way this ranked is is def not all you.. it cant be.... the end

Sync dropping is no where near consistent enough to do anything useful other some lulz now and then.  If you want think that your reaching rank 1 is dependent on other people, you can do that.  It isn't going to get you there, but you can.

[A-D-F]
8,015 posts
6 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

If it was 1 on 1 id agree 1000% with u

Yet the people who reach rank 1, tend to do it every season. Over and over.  Some of them often do it live on stream from start to finish, by themselves.

Crazy good luck they have.

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

Some are very good not taking anything away from them, i watch what they do a lot to try to learn things.. but if u are one of those good guys u tend to have a big clan, u tend to have lots of friends who may or maynot help things along and im sure lots of other little helpfull things mixed in if u are in the know and again some are good,  very good and deserve it.  If u read my posts it dont take shots at anyone it simply says it isnt gonna happen for me but it was fun.. so i guess I shot at myself.. going past that... I get handed to many losses in a row and to say its my fault. its just not it cant be... unless it was 1 on 1 then if I lost it is 100% my fault.  One of the ranked battles i got 98k and sunk 3 and still lost and only a second so lost the star. That was prob one of my best games in ranked and lost.. my fault? i dont know about that..   anyways   Have fun stay safe

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[GGWP]
Members
7,139 posts
16,402 battles
2 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

So ask yourself, what's the difference between spamming games in ranked and spamming games in random? What do you lose by playing ranked over randoms and vice versa? 

[PQUOD]
Members
2,425 posts
5,332 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Yep.

Used to be an irrevocable at Rank 5 but they got rid of it a long time ago.  I guess the devs figured the users thought that was too accommodating and wanted Ranked to be more challenging.

Ever since they removed the Rank-5 irrevocable I've only played Ranked to get the flag.  This season is the first Ranked I've participated in five seasons or more, and I'm only doing it because it's Tier VII.

All they have done is removed incentives for lots of folk to continue playing ranked play. They are doing a fine job of making sure its only the same people going through rank 1 time after time.

They are doing a mighty fine job of making sure ranked play appeals to only a few people season after season.

Such a wise business decision.

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,662 posts
12,125 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, Burnsy said:

Sure the individual match here and there has some RNG in it.  RNG and luck now and then, is a part of the game. 

The point is that it isn't luck that some players do it over and over, every season.  They reach rank 1 not randomly or once in a while. They reach rank 1, consistently, because they make it happen. 

The difference between a fluke and consistency, being lucky and being able to do something on command, is skill and competence.

Sorry... in this game is luck.  Now if they can rank out 7 times in a row with the same about of games then its skill.  Again it's Random and luck.  

Sign in to follow this