Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Clans should be on the same side in ranked

51 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,562 battles

So in another thread @KilljoyCutter made a great suggestion that gained a bit of traction. To prevent clans from rigging ranked games or appearing to rig ranked games he suggested that clans players that are placed in the same game should just always be on one team to prevent that.

973247681_Screenshot_20200521-1026092.thumb.png.8b5aef68d0eaedd3e9ca116b2b559286.png

I would really like to see that implemented. I hate being on opposite teams as my clan mates and having people imply that one of us is going to throw the game for the other one. 

We need to make sure everything is as above board as possible in this game. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 2

Members
58 posts
7,566 battles

So with sync dropping you could have your entire team be from one clan, seems legit.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

My other suggestion in that thread.

Maybe there are drawbacks, but it seems we get a new thread about clans "rigging" or "throwing" battles at least once a week, and it might be better to just avoid even the appearance of impropriety. 

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,562 battles
1 minute ago, tzerhyn said:

So with sync dropping you could have your entire team be from one clan, seems legit.

But no rigging. Think of that. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,558 battles
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So in another thread @KilljoyCutter made a great suggestion that gained a bit of traction. To prevent clans from rigging ranked games or appearing to rig ranked games he suggested that clans players that are placed in the same game should just always be on one team to prevent that.

I would really like to see that implemented. I hate being on opposite teams as my clan mates and having people imply that one of us is going to throw the game for the other one. 

We need to make sure everything is as above board as possible in this game. 

This would make you a better CC (Clan Contributor) candidate.

[BONKS]
Members
229 posts
7,047 battles

Completely agree with @Ducky_shot here, it is totally unacceptable that players of the same clan are put on different teams upon sync drop. Putting players of the same clan on the same team is a PERFECT solution to the problem!!! Imagine a full unicum o7 team vs a team of random people! Im sure it will provide a balanced and fun gameplay experience for all, and it will definitely provide a challenge to those filthy unicum scrubs that throw ranked battles. You never fail to impress me with your solutions and critical thinking Ducky. Weegee please hire this man to your balans team.

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,285 battles

How about the MM just says you can't have the same clan in the same match at all?  Seems that would be more fair for everyone. 

Forcing them on the same team would be terrible and you might as well allow Divs at that point.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 4

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Maybe there are drawbacks, but it seems we get a new thread about clans "rigging" or "throwing" battles at least once a week, and it might be better to just avoid even the appearance of impropriety. 

You realize that if this suggestion happens, clans will 100% abuse the crap out of the matchmaker by sync dropping... right?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

You realize that if this suggestion happens, clans will 100% abuse the crap out of the matchmaker by sync dropping... right?

Um... the suggestion to interfere with sync-dropping would lead to more instances of clans abusing sync-dropping?

(Read the post I linked.  If that wouldn't work, then explain why, I'm open to discussion.)

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,562 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

How about the MM just says you can't have the same clan in the same match at all?  Seems that would be more fair for everyone. 

Forcing them on the same team would be terrible and you might as well allow Divs at that point.

MM would take too long to make battles then. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles

10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I think no clan divisions and no CVs in ranked is a nice break especially for solo players . Why mess with it ??

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Just let it happen, I say.  It'll be funny to watch things unfold on the forums and Ranked turning into a version of Clan Battles :Smile_popcorn:

Even better since the Clans hitting Ranked will be in Voice Comms anyways, now they're on the same team.  Good luck to the other team with a bunch of random players.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just let it happen, I say.  It'll be funny to watch things unfold on the forums and Ranked turning into a version of Clan Battles :Smile_popcorn:

The post I linked above directly relates to interfering with sync-dropping...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,285 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

MM would take too long to make battles then. 

At most, this would remove 50 people from the queue, assuming an entire clan was online and playing ranked, and waiting for a battle at the exact same time.  I don't think it would make an impact at all in reality.

Forcing them on the same team would be abused to the maximum possible extent.  Forcing them to opposite teams could be abused also, so the only logical solutions are to leave it as is, or force them to be in different matches.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

It kind of makes sense, why be in a clan if you didn't want to play together. Unless you are in a clan just for economic benefits. Ranked is just mini Random battles anyway. There is no real ranking going on at any time so it would just make it easier for clans to advance to Grind Level 1. I see no big deal at all, they should be all on the same side.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TORCH]
Members
790 posts
20,335 battles

I see these posts every so often, about clans intentionally throwing games.  These posts perplex me.  I honestly don't understand why a clan would intentionally throw a battle - ranked or otherwise.  Why would I WANT to loose a battle?  Ok, yeah, my mother told me there's no end to human perversity, and Mom was generally right about such things, but...

My own experience, which is admittedly limited to my own clan, is pretty much the opposite.  On a couple occasions when I've dropped into a game and seen a clan mate on the other team, it doesn't seem to affect anyone's play in any way.  Well, when choosing their targets, I suspect they DO give me just a little bit more attention.  They get a kick out of being able to brag about sinking the clan XO, and I think it's pretty funny myself.

So, I think this is MOSTLY a problem of perception, rather than reality.  But I'm also quite certain that Momma was right, and there are dishonest people in the world.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This wouldn't work with the bottleneck that happens at high level ranked battles.

[TORCH]
Members
790 posts
20,335 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Two points, here.

1.  The original suggestion was to add some code to prevent synch dropping.  How would that encourage synch dropping?

2.  And even so, no clans will not "100% abuse..."  SOME clans will abuse the rules, whatever rules, on whatever subject.  

Members
58 posts
7,566 battles
2 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Two points, here.

1.  The original suggestion was to add some code to prevent synch dropping.  How would that encourage synch dropping?

2.  And even so, no clans will not "100% abuse..."  SOME clans will abuse the rules, whatever rules, on whatever subject.  

Sync dropping is usually done In hopes of getting on the same team. The suggestion is to have them always end up on the same team, making sync dropping much more viable.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
3 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Two points, here.

The post was to prevent players in the same clan being on opposite teams.

That means they will be more likely to be on teh same team.

This would result in glorious ranked games.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

OK, what if something was put in to prevent or interfere with sync dropping?

(The other half of my suggestion.)

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,285 battles

If they are going to code it so that they are on the same team, and also code it so that they can't be in the same game...wouldn't it just be easier to code it so that they just can't be in the same game?  Easier coding, resolves sync dropping and opposite teams issue....

If queueing is a problem, they can remove the restriction after 2-3 minutes or whatever (can't imagine ranked every getting that slow, but its possible I guess).

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Members
58 posts
7,566 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

OK, what if something was put in to prevent or interfere with sync dropping?

(The other half of my suggestion.)

it would lead to longer queue times having to find matches without players of the same clan.  Else you could communicate to not sync drop or accidentally sync drop.

Sign in to follow this