Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Glamorboy

IFHE help

5 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
226 posts
5,741 battles

Hi all, if anyone can offer some insight, many thanks in advance!

Also, a big thank you to LWM for the awesome work that was done in her post.

Looking for a little more depth reasoning behind the decision having the 130mm guns being not recommended to take the skill.

130mm x 1/6 (coeff) = 21.67, which round to 22mm.  

22mm x 1.25 (IFHE skill) = 27.5mm which round to being able to penetrate 28mm.

Is cruiser plating or armor for Deck, Bow, and Side armor (not citidel or superstructure obviously) still 25-27mm for most cruisers?

I feel that deck armor is 30mm and thus unable to penetrate with 130mm guns for most cruisers?

In an environment of clan battles, with cruisers being abundant, would IFHE be worth it?

Also, I don't mind (in fact enjoy) some research of tactics, tips, etc to help my gameplay.  But seriously, WG, WTH were you thinking when you made this IFHE rework.  Perhaps it makes the balance and numbers work, but dear lord c'mon.  There had to be a easy way to make this happen which would allow people to understand their choice.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,915 posts
11,682 battles
30 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

But seriously, WG, WTH were you thinking when you made this IFHE rework.  Perhaps it makes the balance and numbers work, but dear lord c'mon.  There had to be a easy way to make this happen which would allow people to understand their choice.

+1 for this ^^^^^

Members
6,778 posts
21,181 battles
38 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

Also, I don't mind (in fact enjoy) some research of tactics, tips, etc to help my gameplay.  But seriously, WG, WTH were you thinking when you made this IFHE rework.  Perhaps it makes the balance and numbers work, but dear lord c'mon.  There had to be a easy way to make this happen which would allow people to understand their choice.

190k elite captains xp to test it, 190k more to change it back. Or 475 doubloons to test it, and 475 doubloons to change it back.

per captain.

[F4E]
Members
226 posts
5,741 battles

I hope that WG didn't do it as a moneygrab?  I'm not sure I should trust them that much, but I feel (hope) that wasn't the reason.

As far as LWM, I have read her post, its awesome, I would have given 100 up votes, but was only allowed one.  She boiled it down to saying take it or don't take it.  As I stated, I'm looking for a little more depth of detail for 130mm guns in particular.  I'm not looking to do a week of research to figure it out (THANKS AGAIN WG!) But I may have to, as I sincerely wonder if even 1% of the players might know the answers.  

Sign in to follow this