You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZX5M

How is Ranked going for you? Here's My Experience

29 comments in this topic

[4TAC]
Members
19 posts

Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, 

badteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteam

Next Day

Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, 

badteamgoodteambadteamgoodteam

^*&#$@^ ^*&#$@^  ^*&#$@^  ^*&#$@^ .

Orange Message:    You are now chat banned until 05/21 due to player complaints about your language

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
10,256 posts
18,198 battles

Rank is not for the faint of heart or for the foul tempered... Maybe you should not play Ranked for your own good OP.

[4TAC]
Members
19 posts
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Rank is not for the faint of heart or for the foul tempered... Maybe you should not play Ranked for your own good OP.

You are not seeing the humor :)

I'm sure there are quite a few people in my same boat.

Edited by ZX5M
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,256 posts
18,198 battles
1 minute ago, ZX5M said:

You are not seeing the humor :)

I'm sure there are quite a few people in my same boat.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder... I saw more frustration then humor... But hey, not every joke get a laugh with every crowed...

My fault for not getting it... :Smile_Default:

• Boring 1

[-BSK-]
Members
6,550 posts
20,365 battles

Assuming you start at rank ten, many don't I realize...…. Do not lose your first game and fall to the 11-Infinity bracket (like I did). The sights and sounds in that bracket are enough to scare the bravest of souls.

See the source image

• Funny 1

[4TAC]
Members
19 posts

I reach rank 1 each season I play, but it is very frustrating and probably the most stress I experience in this game. I do it for the steel. I figure in about 3 years from now, I'll have enough steel to buy my first steel ship....When WG discontinued some steel ships due to "lack of interest" WG, you do know steel takes a long time to get right? Unless your in an elite clan....

Members
1,624 posts

yup, I just got to Rank 10 yesterday, quite feasible, and now the party starts...expect to re-bounce a lot until I get enough...

[LZ1]
Members
244 posts
5,455 battles
18 minutes ago, ZX5M said:

Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, Rank 9 Rank10, 

badteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteambadteamgoodteam

Next Day

Orange Message:    You are now chat banned until 05/21 due to player complaints about your language

Pretty much exactly this. Only I'm banned from chat until June lol.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,204 posts
21,039 battles

I generally only push to Rank 8ish so I start the season in 14.  It was a frustrating start but made it to 10 yesterday.  I just get frustrated with the number of admirals that, well, shouldn't be ones suggesting a course of action :D 

Course, then they get sunk and rant/rave for the balance of the match.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,552 posts
11,047 battles
24 minutes ago, ZX5M said:

Next Day

I had a really good night but I started at rank 17 got to 14 collected a lot of flags went to bed  . When I get to rank 10 I will probable quit for the reasons you have cited .

[TIGRB]
Members
301 posts
1,119 battles

I am 5 wins and 1 loss in my first season of ranked. According to some because I am a newer player I should not be able to play ranked. Well here is another win Mr. Snozzwanger!

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (165).png

• Cool 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,552 posts
11,047 battles
1 minute ago, HeidiAngel said:

I am 5 wins and 1 loss in my first season of ranked. According to some because I am a newer player I should not be able to play ranked. Well here is another win Mr. Snozzwanger!

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (165).png

OK let the sleeping dogs lie .

Congrats on the fast start and good luck the rest of the way !!!!

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
464 posts
26,963 battles

Pretty fun so far. Got to ranked 5 and just gotta wait for more to get up higher before playing again. 

[GOB]
Members
1,935 posts
8 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Gotta love all of your CCF references.   Gotta go make a Snozberry smoothie now : )  :cap_like:

[GOOF]
Members
636 posts
5,743 battles

Last night all the of our dds died in 30 seconds and our bb got mega torpedoed. 

Fiji and my yorck vs the reds...... Not fun.

[TIGRB]
Members
301 posts
1,119 battles
10 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Gotta love all of your CCF references.   Gotta go make a Snozberry smoothie now : )  :cap_like:

Well if my Father heard I used bad language, I'd be in for it! Plus I am not one to talk that way anyway so I use words or saying I have seen or heard over the years.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
827 posts
51 minutes ago, ZX5M said:

Seriously, why is it always the 'teams' fault.  I'm sure you had good and bad players on each team.  It's frustrating, but try and forget about blaming everybody else.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,950 posts
15,625 battles

And that's why I never play past tier 10, ever!   Biggest waste of time.

[META_]
Members
1,063 posts
15,740 battles

Look at it like this... Are you a 70% winrate player in random? If you're like the rest of us 48%-55% your ranked makes sense.... Flip a coin and you'll see streaks of good and bad.... If you're top of xp board every time you save a star 🌟.... I'm 9-3 in dds and 1-5 in cruisers, 1-1 in battleships..... Noway I'm that bad in cruisers but it is what it is..... I'll make it ill just lean on dds more I guess.... I'm a 55% dd player do I deserve a 66% winrate in ranked... Probably not but it is what it is.... Happy hunting Captain 😎 

[ALWC]
Members
1,167 posts
13,512 battles

The early season in ranked especially in rank 6-10 MM has a vast mix of experience from the super unicum to slightly below average player. It can make for some stacked teams or even worse a one man carry against all odds. As the great players move to rank 5 the avg player can begin to move up. That’s my experience the last several season. I expect by the end of next week to move up to 5

[SOFOP]
Members
2,433 posts
14,199 battles

I had a great day yesterday, but now that some of the unicums have moved up, the teams are a crapshoot.  A lot of people trying to split the team between A and C (bad idea in a 7 man game)...DDs going alone to an abandoned cap trying to "slow" the enemy....good stuff.

I feel like I can carry a bit, but my favorite ship (Flint) has been hurt by the recent changes, so it cant carry as hard as it usually does.

Not sure how much further I'll try.

Members
829 posts
4,679 battles

I got to 1 star away from Rank 9, then lost roughly 7 out of 8 games so I'm back down to being blank star Rank 11 (ie, the lowest rank after getting the final irrevocable rank).

At least I got my Rank 10 flag so that's handy.

I've taken out my Sinop 17 times (godawful 35% win rate), Scharnhorst 16 times (literally 50% WR), Atlanta 11 times (45%), Helena 4 times (75% WR) and the Mahan 2 times (for 1 win 1 draw). 

When I first started with the Sinop I was obliterating cruisers who were going broadside but the last few times I took it out I was getting nowhere, and smashed by focus fire. Scharnhorst isn't particularly brilliant against the common BB's and it's guns against Cruisers were so inconsistent that I never felt confident in them.

Helena & Atlanta are good for trying to hold areas but the maps are really tight but both have the same problem that even if you're in close range the guns high arcs can make even small adjustments by the opposition miss the ships completely. Obviously, they can't stand up to any kind of focus fire.

I haven't played DD's seriously in like 2? years, I was a DD main in my first year long stint play, came back around the time the CV rework happened and moved to BB's & Cruisers and the Mahan I don't think is a good DD for ranked so I'm not going to bother with that again.

The biggest benefit is that I've made about 13 million credits, half of which went on getting my Sov Soyuz B hull. Any other credits I'm making are going to pay for the Kremlin which I'm only 58K XP from unlocking. I'm also much closer to my next Coal goal, which is getting Kuznetsov for said Kremlin.

I also had one star removed despite finishing top in the Atlanta which was annoying.

[WOLFA]
Members
805 posts
6,516 battles

OP try rank 14 rank 15 rank 14 rank 15 rank 14 rank 15.

12 battles last night and only 1 win. Every loss wasn't a "WOW great battle GG" it was a complete blow out with 3 or 4 team mates dying in a matter of 5 minutes. All the DD's going the same cap, BB's sitting in the open mostly broadside.

WG should rename it to "RANKED POTATOES". I just don't understand how there are so many players that are complete and utter trash? 

And why they always wind up on my team?