You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

A ship should NEVER get stuck...especially in Ranked

36 comments in this topic

[DUDS]
Members
115 posts
8,710 battles

It shouldn’t even be possible, but there it was: Archipelago was the map...about ten minutes ago.  Making a turn with my lovely super-nerfed Shiny horse and...whap, into the side of an island.  No problem, I’ll back up...umm, max rudder left...nothing.  Max rudder right...back up for a split second...and, nope.  So I go mid-rudder...nothing.  Full ahead?  Nothing.  

Half the match I’m sitting there, completely stuck.  Bad enough Ranked finally gets back to Tier 7 and now everybody has a hyper-accurate ship except me AND I get stuck.  

Really, World of Warships, I think you guys need to introduce the coronavirus into Ranked with it specifically targeting German battlecruisers with triple 11” guns only and driven by Americans from Buffalo, NY...it’s the only way to make sure you really pi$$ me off even more than I already am.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[DUDS]
Members
115 posts
8,710 battles

8 kills with the exact same Shiny horse two nights ago with only the aiming flag on.  Into Ranked with every flag on...can’t hit a thing.  

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,866 battles
5 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

It shouldn’t even be possible, but there it was: Archipelago was the map...about ten minutes ago.  Making a turn with my lovely super-nerfed Shiny horse and...whap, into the side of an island.  No problem, I’ll back up...umm, max rudder left...nothing.  Max rudder right...back up for a split second...and, nope.  So I go mid-rudder...nothing.  Full ahead?  Nothing.  

Half the match I’m sitting there, completely stuck.  Bad enough Ranked finally gets back to Tier 7 and now everybody has a hyper-accurate ship except me AND I get stuck.  

Really, World of Warships, I think you guys need to introduce the coronavirus into Ranked with it specifically targeting German battlecruisers with triple 11” guns only and driven by Americans from Buffalo, NY...it’s the only way to make sure you really pi$$ me off even more than I already am.  

Stopped reading after the "super nerf" comment.  No need to make up lies just because you're upset.

1 minute ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

8 kills with the exact same Shiny horse two nights ago with only the aiming flag on.  Into Ranked with every flag on...can’t hit a thing.  

Aiming flag? :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

someone mentioned that if use auto-course it will unstick itself

• Cool 2

[DUDS]
Members
115 posts
8,710 battles

Okay, the “super-nerf” part was a bit excessive, but the Shiny horse used to be a great ship.  

The stupid flag that reduces dispersion...sorry, I don’t memorize their names.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,832 posts
11,586 battles
5 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Sounds like they don't like you what's an aiming flag I need one ?

Edited by clammboy

Members
3,296 posts
16,528 battles
4 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Okay, the “super-nerf” part was a bit excessive, but the Shiny horse used to be a great ship.  

The stupid flag that reduces dispersion...sorry, I don’t memorize their names.  

Perhaps you are referring to the stupid camo that reduces dispersion? 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Members
18 posts
15,005 battles

Sounds like you need some Duff’s wings and take a break!

[DUDS]
Members
115 posts
8,710 battles

No, I’m referring to the stupid signal flag second from the top left...next to the AA flag.  

Duff’s wings tend to be too hot for me...hey, how do you know about Duff’s? 

Edited by Jake_Miller_67
Added note

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,832 posts
11,586 battles
3 minutes ago, Bilgus said:

I love hot wings is Duffs a chain ?

[CAP]
Members
368 posts
15,888 battles
4 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

No, I’m referring to the stupid signal flag second from the top left...next to the AA flag.  

So the -5% to secondary dispersion, aka secondary flag.

• Cool 1

Members
3,296 posts
16,528 battles
7 minutes ago, Bilgus said:

I think you just gave away your location :Smile_trollface:

[CVA16]
Members
5,641 posts
17,345 battles

My worst beachings have been because I was trying real hard not to beach, max turn, and end up fishtailing into a spot with blocks fore and aft. It has actually gotten better. Used to be some spots where I found myself absolutely trapped but this seems to happen less often so WG must have done something. My driving is about the same. Some traps may still exist and may depend on the size of the ship you're driving (and whether WG is personally out to get you:Smile_trollface:)

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,618 posts
10,469 battles
12 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

That only affects secondary guns.  It doesn't affect accuracy of the main guns at all.

I know how you feel about getting stuck.  I did that in clan battles last night.  I got my Des Moines stuck on an island and it cost me my life and probably contributed to the loss of the game, since the game was really close at the end.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,110 battles
33 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

super-nerfed Shiny horse

Really Drink GIF - Really Drink GIFs

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,681 posts
48 minutes ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Making a turn with my lovely super-nerfed Shiny horse and...

ciC2v3W.gif

• Confused 1

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,859 battles
1 hour ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Its the exact same ship. It just enjoyed being top tier a majority of the time so it got to crush t5 cruisers.

• Boring 1

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,891 battles

The GLUE islands are the worse. Where it's literally just your nose touching  the island, and yet backing up just doesn't work, AT ALL. 

The whole, your ship is stuck by unseen underwater rocks is a mechanic that just needs to be eliminated.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Members
18 posts
15,005 battles

I used to live in Buffalo. Now in Virginia. Whenever I go back “home” I need my Duff’s fix. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,641 posts
17,345 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

I got my Des Moines stuck on an island and it cost me my life and probably contributed to the loss of the game, since the game was really close at the end.

Generally (but not always), you can get unstuck eventually. Problem is usually having that time. If you are spotted, expect to die before you get loose. If unspotted (and not a CV) can your team afford to be without your services for the minute or more it may take to wiggle free.

I've found if it is going to be close, go ahead and ram the damn island. Much faster to just reverse and get back underway than trying to wiggle free. Hoping that you might just brush by can take you out of the fight for a long time if not permanently. Problem is, grounding almost always occurs when you head is in the scope looking everywhere except at the island that warning buzzer is telling you about.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,395 posts
5,217 battles
16 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

When did the Sharn get nerfed?

Yeah this ^

What is this super nerf? I played my Scharn last night in rank, almost got a kraken. Didn't notice any nerf?

[DANTO]
Beta Testers
204 posts

296945751_emptyspaceblockingmyship.thumb.jpg.dcf99176804e96f2746fcfac1adc0587.jpg

got one yesterday in random battle. That yellow spot, there was nothing and it's still a bit far from island yet suddenly my speed dropped dead.