8 comments in this topic

[HSSW]
Members
49 posts
539 battles

Anyone have this ship and what is it like, was thinking of getting it to use in rank but just curious about it and a  good build for it :)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles

Plenty of information just a google or youtube search away.

• Cool 1

[HSSW]
Members
49 posts
539 battles

i have but i always like to get a players persepctive and ideas for build to see whats out there ;)

[--V--]
Members
1,204 posts
12,756 battles

She's a T8 or T9  12" cruiser posing as a T7 BB.

Pros: She's fast.  Great secondaries for T7, probably the best. Good armor.  When shells actually land, they can hit hard.  Works best against Cruisers.  12" AP against the BBs,,,, no so good unless they are broadside and under 10km.  6 km torps for when you get really intimate with another ship. No complaints about AA.

Cons: Dispersion of a drunk cat on a hot plate.  Nice tight grouping on 1 salvo followed by chaos on the next 2.  She has a long range, but don't expect a lot of hits at range. 

I play her a good bit and have always liked her.  Just feel she'd be better served classified as a CA at T8 or T9.  Especially now with CAs like Alaska, Yoshino and Azuma. 

[-K-]
Members
7,902 posts
13,067 battles

Old review, but still relevant in many ways.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
682 posts
5,300 battles

To take full advantage of some of Scharnhorst’s qualities (secondaries specifically would be useful for ranked imho) you really need a high point Captain. At the very least I would suggest a 10pt Captain to allow you to spec for fire prevention as KM BB’s have deck armor and superstructure made out of petrol (gas) soaked tinder ... you’ll see plenty of HE spammers this ranked season (Atlanta’s, Flint and even Belfast has the capability).

Youll also want to load up modules to help with secondary build (if you go that way) and fire prevention. Some signals will also help.

Its a great ship for Operation Naria!! 

In all, it can be a high “investment”.

Good luck in ranked whatever you choose to do mate!

BTW, Yuro’s video that RipNuN2 is still one of my fave videos to watch even if a little dated now!

Edited by Bravo4zero

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,990 posts
13,702 battles

My Scharnhorst is set up like as follows

Ship upgrades

Slot 1 Main Armament upgrades 1

Slot 2 Damage Control System Modification 1

Slot 3 Secondary Battery Modification 1

Slot 4 Damage Control System Modification 2

Captain Skills

Priority Target

Preventive Maintenance

Expert Marksman

Basic Fire Training

Superintendent

Radio Location

Concealment

Probably different than others, but that's how I have her set up.

She's a very fun ship, can harass battleships, maul cruisers, make life hell for DD's if they aren't careful ( some of the better 2ndaries in T7)