Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DefundedUser_1036628598

New tutorial videos? Kagero

9 comments in this topic

Banned
259 posts
5,500 battles

After my first battle in this reroll account with the newly acquired Kagero, surprisingly there was a pop-up screen leading me to a "How It Works" tutorial video played back by the in-game browser. That never happened before. When was this introduced?

Also there was a Watch-it-on-Youtube link but that only opened another window of the in-game browser. So I still don't have the video URL. Also it is not turned up by the Youtube search. Is that set to private or something? And is there a way to watch it again on the in-game browser while that still exists?

The contents seemed redundant, not much that somebody leveling IJN torp boats shouldn't have picked up on three or four tiers earlier, so it's mostly for players who free-XP their way up there, I guess.

Members
3,443 posts
41,004 battles

It'd an instructional video on DDs, but it's not usually helpful based on DD types and fighting styles.

If you want a Thorough tutoring by a skilled DD player try a streamer named TMGrunty.

He plays very well and fully gives you breakdowns on DDs by nation and recommended fighting styles. He even has docs in captain skills and builds.

He is by far an astute scholar of the game. And he will help you play DD in Randoms successfully.

You will have to watch him though. But he does explain real well his thought process during a battle.

I really can't think of anyone more helpful.

I have seen him play and I have played against him. He is a dangerous player in a DD. He can and will take a cap even if a CV is on him. Teams will go after him not because of his stream, but because he can do a lot of damage. If he is left unchecked, red team will lose to his team.

Just check him out. You won't get disappointed.

He is on Twitch TV. He is also well known by the community.

You will learn a lot from him.

Good luck

Banned
259 posts
5,500 battles
7 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It'd an instructional video on DDs, but it's not usually helpful based on DD types and fighting styles.

Nonono, it was specifically about the Kagero and it was titles "How it works" like the other ones in the series.

But the youtube search of their official channel only turns up this one, and that's not it. Also not the "How it works: torpedoes" video. It's like they set it to private.

Edited by FixCVs

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
33 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

After my first battle in this reroll account with the newly acquired Kagero, surprisingly there was a pop-up screen leading me to a "How It Works" tutorial video played back by the in-game browser. That never happened before. When was this introduced?

Also there was a Watch-it-on-Youtube link but that only opened another window of the in-game browser. So I still don't have the video URL. Also it is not turned up by the Youtube search. Is that set to private or something? And is there a way to watch it again on the in-game browser while that still exists?

The contents seemed redundant, not much that somebody leveling IJN torp boats shouldn't have picked up on three or four tiers earlier, so it's mostly for players who free-XP their way up there, I guess.

I can tell you something the Video doesn't:

Take Kagerou and Yuugumo, ignore the option for smoke entirely, and run Torpedo Reload Booster.

~Hunter

• Funny 1

Members
3,443 posts
41,004 battles
1 minute ago, FixCVs said:

Nonono, it was specifically about the Kagero and it was titles "How it works" like the other ones in the series.

But the youtube search of their official channel only turns up this one, and that's not it. Also not the "How it works: torpedoes" video. It's like they set it to private.

Ah, it's probably not going to be specific, but I guess WG botched the wording.

Banned
259 posts
5,500 battles

#lol

And this garbage  on the NA server of all servers, which is crawling with carriers.

2 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I can tell you something the Video doesn't:

Take Kagerou and Yuugumo, ignore the option for smoke entirely, and run Torpedo Reload Booster.

~Hunter

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
14 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

#lol

And this garbage  on the NA server of all servers, which is crawling with carriers.

Say that again after you've actually played them and Learned to play. I laugh when I see Kagerou's and Yuugumo's with smoke. It means that they're about as harmful as a ninja armed with a cotton swab.

cTQMlEA.png

I did so well in Yuugumo I ground through her in 9 battles.

~Hunter

[ARGSY]
Members
21,733 posts
15,778 battles
25 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

#lol

Here's @Destroyer_KuroshioKai in a double-CV game in a TRB Kagero. He's the last to go, and if his team had been better at not-dying, they would have pulled off the win. 

This was right after the rework, when every man and his dog was trying out the new method. The sort of battle he was in (one T8, one T10 carrier on each side) is rare now.

This is the vid that completely and utterly removed any concerns I had about sailing DD in the post-rework world. This is the vid which made it a challenge for me, rather than an imposition. And it's not the only one he's made on how to deal with CV when sailing destroyers.

[--O--]
Members
949 posts

Here is all you need to know about Kag and Yugo

Dump the smoke take torp reload and pretend they are a Submarine, I have said it before on here but my goal in Asa, Kag and Yugo is to never be spotted all game. DD's capping anymore accept late in the game or ones with no cv or radar ships is stupid, let the BB in the back yell all he wants to cap DONT BE PIER PRESSURED. Play smart and play hidden all game.

Sign in to follow this