You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

What are the chances this will come back?

20 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles

WG has always stated it will never come back and it as a mistake in the first place.

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
2 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

image.png.8355b07778c6c518297b13ea9e44c8c5.png

KkwHVAg.jpg

I'm proud to have done my part by earning this flag. But at the same time I kinda wish it didn't give bonuses because there's no point to NOT flying this flag. Every other flag doesn't have bonuses so I can't fly my CBT flag over this one. I wish my CBT flag gave bonuses like the Alpha tester flag did, but unfortunately it doesn't, so there's no point to flying it over this flag at all lol

It literally sits on ALL my ships. Side Note: I own a flag that people who didn't do the missions when it arrived or joined the game after it arrived has.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,660 posts
12,429 battles

About five times less likely than a storm trooper hitting a target in Star Wars. 

WG said it would never be coming back because everyone was using it, and the point of adding flags was to let people customize how their ship looked. Of course, the reason everyone was flying it was because it was the only flag (outside of the closed alpha, st, and I think cc flags) to give straight boosts to earnings, so if you have the choice between a flag that increases earnings and one that doesn’t, why would you pick any other. 

I have mine from the mission when it was added, and use it on every single ship in my port. I’ve got tons of other flags on my account, and while most of them I don’t like visually, there are some I’d love to use but I don’t want to give up the economic benefits of that flag. Now that you can mount multiple flags on some ships, that isn’t as much of an issue, but of course not every nation has that option yet. If it didn’t have any bonuses (or better yet allowed you to apply them to any flag without stacking for the nations with 2 flag options) there probably wouldn’t have been any of the issues WG now has with it, but I don’t really see them changing it now. 

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,913 battles
4 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

WG has always stated it will never come back and it as a mistake in the first place.

They (WG) also said no to subs.

• Cool 1

[13CLM]
Beta Testers
110 posts
2 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Yes, but WG won't make any money by bringing back that flag.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,299 posts
12,202 battles
4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

About five times less likely than a storm trooper hitting a target in Star Wars. 

hey, its not the Storm Troopers fault, most of their targets had plot armor protecting them

• Funny 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles

The problem is it was a pennant which gave actual bonuses. I think it is the only one that ever has so everyone who has one (myself included) always uses it. The flag may reappear or one like it, but the bonuses never will. That is about as certain as anything will ever get in this game. Think of it as the pennant version of USS Missouri. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,913 battles
15 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

When did that pennant appear?

2016 (if i recall correctly)

Sorry I'm too lazy to google the wowswiki and look

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,913 battles
15 hours ago, Chezik said:

Yes, but WG won't make any money by bringing back that flag.

That's a funny argument.

If I have to buy it, then they will make money.

If it entices me to play the game for another year, then yes they will make money.

Another question would be how would WG lose money from this?  It's already in game, so no design or development cost.

Members
1,477 posts
17,567 battles

It is an unfair advantage that us old time players have over the newbies.

I've said it before but I've already gotten so much out of that flag over the years that I wouldn't really mind if WG leveled the economic playing field and got rid of the bonuses.

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,331 battles
32 minutes ago, Captain_Suzuki said:

Can someone remind me what you had to do to get the flag? I have it but I don't remember actually doing anything to get it...

Me either.

but 5% over 18k battles starts to add up

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,097 posts
17,188 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 4:30 AM, madgiecool said:

Only at release.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles

What is funny is I never fly that flag, I don't like it.