You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMS_London

Why WG don't release T9 British premium ship?

44 comments in this topic

[APCR]
Members
4 posts
9,458 battles

All major nations in this game have at lease one T9 premium ship (including work in progress) except Britain, and even pan Asia and Europe have a T9 premium.

In reality, RN have plenty of ships in steel or on paper that have potential to be T9 ships so i can't understand why WG has not released any T9 British premium ship  or any plan to release one. Maybe the design paper of warships in British Archive is hard to get or there are not too many British players in this game so British premium won't sell well?

I think Belfast 1945 would be a nice candidate: Belfast in game + torpedo + super heal + some minor tweaks.

Since Belfast is not purchsable now, the new Belfast 1945 would be perfect choice for those don't want to get Belfast by spending a lot on Christmas container and it would be a nice retraining ship for British cruisers both CL and CA lines

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_London said:

All major nations in this game have at lease one T9 premium ship (including work in progress) except Britain, and even pan Asia and Europe have a T9 premium.

In reality, RN have plenty of ships in steel or on paper that have potential to be T9 ships so i can't understand why WG has not released any T9 British premium ship  or any plan to release one. Maybe the design paper of warships in British Archive is hard to get or there are not too many British players in this game so British premium won't sell well?

I think Belfast 1945 would be a nice candidate: Belfast in game + torpedo + super heal + some minor tweaks.

Since Belfast is not purchsable now, the new Belfast 1945 would be perfect choice for those don't want to get Belfast by spending a lot on Christmas container and it would be a nice retraining ship for British cruisers both CL and CA lines

And here I am, waiting for SAP rounds on the Italian Navy BBs that were never announced.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
835 posts
2 hours ago, HMS_London said:

It takes them a long time for them to make a model let alone an entire line. Paiteince.

[PVE]
Members
12,513 posts
26,023 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_London said:

Italy doesn't have one yet just FYI.

I am sure in time they will add one.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,746 posts
15,276 battles

It's a question of WG's priorities, and RN ships have never been a priority, hence why for instance there are more Japanese, US (understandable) Soviet(!) and now even German (inc. WIP ships) than British ships in a game set in 1900-1950

The RN was after all, only the largest and most varied navy from 1900-1940.

The RN only has a high tier premium at all because Thunderer was a no-effort swap out of the main line thanks to there being two gun options. In contrast -

• USA: Alaska, Georgia, Benham, Somers, Salem, Puerto Rico, Ohio, FDR
  • Japan: Hayate, Azuma, Yoshino, Musashi, Shikishima
  • USSR: Neustrashimy, Kronshtadt, Smolensk, Stalingrad
  • France: Marceau, Colbert, Jean Bart, Bourgogne
  • Germany: Aegir, Siegfired, Luddendorff - thanks zFireWyvern
  • Pan-Europe: Friesland, Smalland
  • UK: Thunderer
  • Italy: 0

A number of those ships are just swaps, but every other major nation has had at least one purpose-built model for a T9-T10 premium. I guess the consolation prize is that Italy is even more disadvantaged.

There are some pretty reasonable candidates for high tier RN ships, the Battle class has a wealth of possibilities with different designs, there are also lots of papership candidates including:

In addition I would like to see -

• Gael class destroyer design
  • Any of the other interwar battleship designs in the K, H3 or I series
  • Quad-turret Town class (16x 6in)
  • More realistic 'Churchill Super Cruiser'
  • Design Q or R Mino/Neptune preliminary
Edited by mofton
  • Cool 2

[-1]
Members
746 posts
10,565 battles
8 hours ago, HMS_London said:

I think it shows where the money come from. There are more premium US BBs than tech tree BBs because USA is a cash cow for WG. Ask your fellow UK friend to play more )))

• Cool 1

Modder
1,305 posts
1 hour ago, mofton said:
  •  USA: Alaska, Georgia, Benham, Somers, Salem, Puerto Rico, Ohio, FDR
  • Japan: Hayate, Azuma, Yoshino, Musashi, Shikishima
  • USSR: Neustrashimy, Kronshtadt, Smolensk, Stalingrad
  • France: Marceau, Colbert, Jean Bart, Bourgogne
  • Germany: Aegir, Siegfired
  •  Pan-Europe: Friesland, Smalland
  • UK: Thunderer
  •  Italy: 0

Germany has Ludendorff coming too

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,368 battles
8 hours ago, HMS_London said:

Soon (TM) ?

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,429 battles
1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

Would rather a T7 Cruiser 

How about a Dido class?:fish_book: AKA a Tee-boo Atlanta!

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
508 posts
7,341 battles

Do you want them to bump Cheshire up to T9? :Smile_trollface:

On a serious note, the best "real steel" ship I suggest would be HMS Tiger. Only downside is that it'd be yet another rapid fire fire breathing cruiser in a crowded field. 15-20/rds a minute of 6" British HE, though? Here's my wallet. It'd be a cruiser Friesland.

A bit father down the line though, there's room for an actual Minotaur class cruiser, either HMS Swiftsure or HMS Superb, and and of the Dido class would be welcome additions as well.

[CS7]
Members
254 posts
4,195 battles
5 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

On a serious note, the best "real steel" ship I suggest would be HMS Tiger. Only downside is that it'd be yet another rapid fire fire breathing cruiser in a crowded field. 15-20/rds a minute of 6" British HE, though? Here's my wallet. It'd be a cruiser Friesland.

A bit father down the line though, there's room for an actual Minotaur class cruiser, either HMS Swiftsure or HMS Superb, and and of the Dido class would be welcome additions as well.

Didn't the Tiger class only have 2 (one fore and one aft) of the double 6" turrets that are modelled in the game on the Minotaur?  I believe her other turrets all housed 3" rifles.  Even with HE, that battery doesn't stand up at tier 9 or 10.  Maybe if they gave her heavy cruiser armor, smoke, super heal, radar, DFAA, and hydro all in their own consumable slots?

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,555 battles
9 hours ago, HMS_London said:

All major nations in this game have at lease one T9 premium ship (including work in progress) except Britain

Why don't they? My guess is because they are stupid.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLFC]
Members
508 posts
7,341 battles
Just now, Maddau said:

Didn't the Tiger class only have 2 (one fore and one aft) of the double 6" turrets that are modelled in the game on the Minotaur?  I believe her other turrets all housed 3" rifles.  Even with HE, that battery doesn't stand up at tier 9 or 10.  Maybe if they gave her heavy cruiser armor, smoke, super heal, radar, DFAA, and hydro all in their own consumable slots?

As built, it had two 6" turrets in a 2x2 configuration. When it was refit, they removed the rear turret in favor of a helicopter hangar. Even so, you're right it'd be a hard fit with only two turrets. One saving grace is that they'd be smaller in size (and hopefully with appropriate concealment).

[CS7]
Members
254 posts
4,195 battles
22 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Haven't played her, but hated the Albemarle.  Probably the worst T8 premium if what I have read is true.  Baffling how they can be so hit or miss when it comes to premiums/special ships.

[WOLFC]
Members
508 posts
7,341 battles
1 minute ago, Maddau said:

Haven't played her, but hated the Albemarle.  Probably the worst T8 premium if what I have read is true.  Baffling how they can be so hit or miss when it comes to premiums/special ships.

Yeah, when they can get LWM to say she hated playing a British ship, you know it's a dumpster fire.

• Funny 1

[CS7]
Members
254 posts
4,195 battles
2 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Yeah, when they can get LWM to say she hated playing a British ship, you know it's a dumpster fire.

Right!  I was hoping for a T8 Exeter, but instead it looks like a crappier Albemarle.  No thanks! 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,746 posts
15,276 battles
20 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

On a serious note, the best "real steel" ship I suggest would be HMS Tiger. Only downside is that it'd be yet another rapid fire fire breathing cruiser in a crowded field

I'd love to see Tiger, she's my late Grandfather's first ship.

She does suffer at high tiers. 4 guns at 18 RPM gives just 72 RPM total, while Fiji and Edinburgh throw 96 RPM courtesy of their 12-gun broadsides. The Tiger also dropped torpedoes from the design and is really a Fiji hull, so similar concealment and armor. She's not a high tier ship.

1 hour ago, zFireWyvern said:

Germany has Ludendorff coming too

Ah, so they do. A good year for Germany with the carrier and submarine branches, Aegir, Siegfried, Odin, Z-35, Ludendorff and Loewenhardt.

Also just as a general observation, archive access should have nothing to do with it. WG had the designs for the unbuilt Neptune (Design Y) and Minotaur (Design ZA) in late 2015 to release the ships in October 2016, the idea that archives are an issue now in May 2020 is a bit silly.

[WOLFC]
Members
508 posts
7,341 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

I'd love to see Tiger, she's my late Grandfather's first ship.

She does suffer at high tiers. 4 guns at 18 RPM gives just 72 RPM total, while Fiji and Edinburgh throw 96 RPM courtesy of their 12-gun broadsides. The Tiger also dropped torpedoes from the design and is really a Fiji hull, so similar concealment and armor. She's not a high tier ship.

Yeah, it would not be an easy feat to balance, and would definitely need a big box o' gimmicks to be competitive. Shame, I'd prefer it if they used actual ships more often, but that's certainly the difference between the game and reality.

Members
170 posts
11,908 battles

WG response to your request: 

Premium Russian BB "Slava" moved down one tier and released to the premium shop. The ship's AA has been nerfed to compensate for the tier change.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

Well I sure hope it's not going to be a premium RNBB, because WG has managed to make 4/5 of those trash tier.

[CS7]
Members
254 posts
4,195 battles
8 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Yeah, it would not be an easy feat to balance, and would definitely need a big box o' gimmicks to be competitive. Shame, I'd prefer it if they used actual ships more often, but that's certainly the difference between the game and reality.

They could make it competetive (replace the 3" turrets with more 6" ones, add torpedo launchers, etc.) but it would only be superficially like what really put to sea.  I believe they have done this with other ships in the game.

[CS7]
Members
254 posts
4,195 battles
3 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Well I sure hope it's not going to be a premium RNBB, because WG has managed to make 4/5 of those trash tier.

Alot of Warspite, Nelson and Thunderer fans out there.  I'd say they got at least 3 right.

Edited by Maddau

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
707 posts
6,709 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

How about a Dido class?:fish_book: AKA a Tee-boo Atlanta!

Dido would be awesome,  but then again WG might just invent some fantasy clone of Vanguard or Repulse and assign Dido's name to it or somesuch.