Sign in to follow this  
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Duke of York Has Been Rebuffed!?

21 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

So took my Duke of York out into Ranked looked down and instead of the maximum of 4 heals the ship has always had since release it now has 5 of them.... ( the 4 heals had premium consumables and Superintendent included.)

Lol I guess now a lot of people that earned the ship in it’s release event, considering it garbage and sold it are likely going to regret it now.

• Cool 2

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
57 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So took my Duke of York out into Ranked looked down and instead of the maximum of 4 heals the ship has always had since release it now has 5 of them.... ( the 4 heals had premium consumables and Superintendent included.)

Lol I guess now a lot of people that earned the ship in it’s release event, considering it garbage and sold it are likely going to regret it now.

I noticed it changed to 5 sometime last year. Not alot of people play it so and I don't think the buff was advertised.

Similar to the nicholas DF and a few other ships. Open secrets.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

It was buffed with one additional charge when WG raised its citadel like they also did with KGV, so she now has as many Repair Party charges as her sistership.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

It was buffed with one additional charge when WG raised its citadel like they also did with KGV, so she now has as many Repair Party charges as her sistership.

I doubt WG could have raised Duke of York’s citadel as that would be nerfing a Premium Warship...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,246 posts
24,663 battles

This ship is really obscure with the playerbase despite a bunch of people having it from an old event.  Hell, many don't even know Duke of York's AP has special AP bounce angles to it that KGV lacks.

I remember people saying long ago they strangely did better with DoY's guns than KGV.  That's probably because they were playing DoY with a normal BB playstyle with AP first and foremost, and that bounce angle benefit is kicking in for them whereas on KGV it didn't.

KGV & Colorado as an example with ships having normal AP bounce angles:  45-60 degrees.

DOY & Baltimore as an example with ships having special AP bounce angles:  60-67.5 degrees.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,943 posts
22,709 battles
37 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I doubt WG could have raised Duke of York’s citadel as that would be nerfing a Premium Warship...

As an "all RN ships (or even just an all RN ships at that tier) are getting this change" type nerf they can get away w/that as opposed to just a direct DOY only nerf.

Probably overlooked by most as a, "we got an extra heal buff...who cares about whatever else they were talking about" scenario...slipped it right by you until this time didn't they? :-)

Edit: Especially easy to do on a ship that most considered not worth playing anyway.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[1984]
Members
4,316 posts
21,163 battles
3 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I noticed it changed to 5 sometime last year. Not alot of people play it so and I don't think the buff was advertised.

Similar to the nicholas DF and a few other ships. Open secrets.

T-22 hydro

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They did raise the citadel, here's the exact changelog from 0.8.6 regarding the change (I paraphrased the bullet points because copy paste on phone didn't work there):

British battleships King George V, Lion, Duke of York, Monarch, and Conqueror

The citadel has been elevated and now occupies part of the ships' casemates. The Repair Party consumable has been changed:

- Restoration of casemate damage from 60% to 75%

- Duke of York gets an additional charge

- Duke of York, King George V and Monarch restore 0.6% of their hp per second instead of 0.5%

- The cooldown of the Repair Party on Duke of York, King George V and Monarch has been reduced from 120s to 90s

- The cooldown of the Repair Party on Lion and Conqueror has been reduced from 180s to 120s

Exposing their broadsides to an enemy’s salvo is the worst mistake most ships can make. However, due to their low-sitting citadels and long-distance combat tactics, the consequences of such an error for Royal Navy battleships were much less tangible. These changes will enable enemy ships to teach British battleships a good lesson about the results of carelessly exposing their broadsides by causing them some considerable damage. However, if players manage to avoid such mistakes and skillfully use the improved Repair Party consumable, the survivability of these Steel Monsters will only improve.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
54 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

As an "all RN ships (or even just an all RN ships at that tier) are getting this change" type nerf they can get away w/that as opposed to just a direct DOY only nerf.

Probably overlooked by most as a, "we got an extra heal buff...who cares about whatever else they were talking about" scenario...slipped it right by you until this time didn't they? :-)

Edit: Especially easy to do on a ship that most considered not worth playing anyway.

Not really as it has been a WG policy to never nerf any premium vehicle. Otherwise there would be issues. For example IS-3 Defender In WOT Blitz is really OP, and yet WG can’t touch it even if they nerfed all the other tech tree IS tanks that are similar to it.

And just imagine if word got out that WG nerfed a premium vehicle, do you really think at least a fair percentage of players would ever spend money on premium vehicles ever again?

But I am suspicious that nerfs were made to DOY as the AP shells have been feeling far less devastatingly effective than they were so often in the past.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

@SireneRacker If that is indeed the case then we have entered a new dark era in WG games where premium vehicles that at least some players even spent cash on can be nerfed. And that now means that any premium vehicle at any time can have the life nerfed out of it.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

@SireneRacker If that is indeed the case then we have entered a new dark era in WG games where premium vehicles that at least some players even spent cash on can be nerfed. And that now means that any premium vehicle at any time can have the life nerfed out of it.

I am not too worried about that change to be honest. Sure her citadel was raised, but she got a truckload of buffs along the way to the point where depending on the player her overall performance increased.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,246 posts
24,663 battles
25 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

They did raise the citadel, here's the exact changelog from 0.8.6 regarding the change (I paraphrased the bullet points because copy paste on phone didn't work there):

I remember when those changes were about to hit.

There were a lot of Conqueror haters celebrating those changes.  I warned them that it only punished the potatoes.  The Conqueror players that know how to protect their BBs' citadels will be fine, hell, they're going to be harder to take down.  Most especially so when the Repair Party cooldown was reduced back to the timers they had when the line came out.  Back when people got upset about how much, and how quickly Conqueror recovered.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

I am not too worried about that change to be honest. Sure her citadel was raised, but she got a truckload of buffs along the way to the point where depending on the player her overall performance increased.

She only got the added heal as 1 buff.

Nerfs are raised citadel. And possibly had her AP shell speed, dispersion, and AP hitting power nerfed. Not sure quite yet on the AP being nerfed but certainly wondering about it as it’s always been better than my last few games in DOY.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

She only got the added heal as 1 buff.

Nerfs are raised citadel. And possibly had her AP shell speed, dispersion, and AP hitting power nerfed. Not sure quite yet on the AP being nerfed but certainly wondering about it as it’s always been better than my last few games in DOY.

In that patch Duke of York got:

- her citadel raised
+ an additional heal charge
+ her casemate damage restoration raised from 60% to 70%
+ a faster cooldown on her heal
+ the heal rate upped from .5% to .6%

There is no real indication that anything else was changed on her.

• Cool 1

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I've been preaching this from the beginning! The AA and hydro that people were laughing about as a gimmick is worth it's weight in gold now! 

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

I thought these were obscure as well, but I've a ton of them while playing a Colorado the last couple of days.  2 in battle even.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
30 minutes ago, Lylanthwol said:

I thought these were obscure as well, but I've a ton of them while playing a Colorado the last couple of days.  2 in battle even.

Lol I might have been in that 2 DOY battle as one of the DOY. :cap_haloween:

And I quickly have sailed right up to Rank 9 by just alternating Duke of York, Flint, Akatsuki, Jervis, and Sims. But Duke of York has carried a hefty amount my Ranked battles. And that Hydro is worth it’s weight in gold once you learn when and how to use it. My hydro has carried me through entire battles before .

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
6 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

In that patch Duke of York got:

- her citadel raised
+ an additional heal charge
+ her casemate damage restoration raised from 60% to 70%
+ a faster cooldown on her heal
+ the heal rate upped from .5% to .6%

There is no real indication that anything else was changed on her.

I see your point, but please understand my point that WG has often been cautious about buffing premiums because of the reason that everything has to be full pit buffs with no trade offs no nerfs. And I have played WG games since 2014 with WG having had this strict policy.

[UN1]
Members
1,283 posts
3,961 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I see your point, but please understand my point that WG has often been cautious about buffing premiums because of the reason that everything has to be full pit buffs with no trade offs no nerfs. And I have played WG games since 2014 with WG having had this strict policy.

Premiums are immune to individual nerfs, but as stated by WG, they're not immune to sweeping adjustments like this one. 

And honestly it made DoY a better ship.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
51 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Premiums are immune to individual nerfs, but as stated by WG, they're not immune to sweeping adjustments like this one. 

And honestly it made DoY a better ship.

Still no excuse, it’s like nerfing Roma by saying all Italian BBs are being nerfed...

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,157 posts
5,666 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 3:17 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It was a "global" change to post 1930 RN BBs, not a nerf specific to DoY.

Sign in to follow this