You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warspite03

Soviet Container rip off

37 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts
1,741 battles

I have been a very loyal player with Wargaming, and have spent  over 5 thousand dollars supporting the game and enjoying the content. Thought I would give the  new soviet Containers a go....

What a complete rip off, I spent about 100 Dollars for a ter5 ship and a bunch of ok consumables.   At this rate I would have to spend another 100 to get the ter8, nope !  Burnt and shocked they would try sell this as is.  buyers beware!!!

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

It is sad that they don't list exactly what you can get from spending that money......

Oh that's right.  They do. 

So you are just upset that you spent money and dont get some sort of preferential treatment.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,393 posts
3 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

I have been a very loyal player with Wargaming, and have spent  over 5 thousand dollars supporting the game and enjoying the content. Thought I would give the  new soviet Containers a go....

What a complete rip off, I spent about 100 Dollars for a ter5 ship and a bunch of ok consumables.   At this rate I would have to spend another 100 to get the ter8, nope !  Burnt and shocked they would try sell this as is.  buyers beware!!!

Live and learn eh?  I can't believe you spent so much before giving up though.

unnamed.gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Not sure that spending five grand on this game is something to be proud of...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
2 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

Its just a very bad deal if you dont read all the details, my mistake

Don't mean to state the obvious, but if you're talking about spending hundreds on what you know might potentially be questionable returns, it might behoove you to read any details given.

Edited by Kuckoo

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,393 posts
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It is sad that they don't list exactly what you can get from spending that money......

Oh that's right.  They do. 

So you are just upset that you spent money and dont get some sort of preferential treatment.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

TenderNegativeArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

• Funny 2

[WOLFG]
Members
10,654 posts
9,858 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Not sure that spending five grand on this game is something to be proud of...

Not something I'd want my wife to know.

And she's my accountant, so she would know.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
167 posts
1,741 battles

I was a little tipsy, still  you have to spend over 300$ to get the ter 8 ship crazy as heck. 

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,393 posts
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Guys in my fishing club have a saying.

I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my gear for what I told I paid for it!

Col Out

• Funny 2

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Had a talk earlier with a friend, talking about how I'll never get married (again...).  :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
167 posts
1,741 battles

Yes I was stupid we all can play the fool at times, but I stopped after I figured out how much they were charging for  this event.

Members
631 posts
90 battles
10 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

You have spent over 3 dollars for each game played, I dont know why WG dont reward you more? 

You are definitely the kinda customer WG want to have around...

@Hapa_Fodder Give this man a Missouri or no bonus this year! Look after your whales

Members
631 posts
90 battles
1 minute ago, Warspite03 said:

Yes I was stupid we all can play the fool at times, but I stopped after I figured out how much they were charging for  this event.

Why would you spend 5k though come on man, You coulda had Camaro by now.

Dont give this filth your cash

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
29 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

I'm a bit unclear on this.... Why would you blow $100 on crates when you could have bought either of the tier 8 premiums, and earned 840 additional tokens? Plus earning the tier 5 becomes easy, and you get up to an additional 420 tokens for sailing it. 

Beta Testers
167 posts
1,741 battles

I dont have alot of time but I like collecting ships so I was going to try and buy it outright, the deals on world of tanks are much better, Just seems very bad deal. You think it is?

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
39 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

over 5 thousand dollars supporting the game and enjoying the content

what the actual hell...   why this game?

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,093 posts

As posted on another thread.

WG expects this from those who have to have it all before everyone else!!!

Step 1: open wallet

Step 2 spend spend spend.

When eventually they will all be free in the tech tree... Lesson learned . Right.

And as such as another Op replied to this .

Those who spend money on things like this don't deserve to rant knowing full well what they are getting into .

You win some you lose some .

:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Versili

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
44 minutes ago, Warspite03 said:

What a complete rip off, I spent about 100 Dollars for a ter5 ship and a bunch of ok consumables.

I am going to be honest and it might hurt a bit.    $100 on random bundles just for a tier 5 ship? That is incredibly stupid to do.    You should of bought the tier 8 premium they were offering and get all of your tokens that way instead of the gambling route.   And if you don't have time to play the ships, that is not WG's problem.   They gave you two alternatives, either play the game and win guarenteed tokens, or not play the game buy a box with random chances of tokens and various amounts.

Now, I do agree to some extent, 500 doubloons for 10 tokens or 15 (whatever the lowest amount is) is terrible!  It is actually not worth it

Edited by kishan99

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

WG really needs to wake the hell up and realize when it says 15 tokens for 500 doubloons, that actually translates as you paying $4 to get 0.50cents of goods. The premium flags you can get by playing the game.   15 tokens is actually worthless. 

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,769 battles
37 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Guys in my fishing club have a saying.

I hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my gear for what I told I paid for it!

Col Out

Now that's a good one - and very applicable to other hobbies!

This model ship? I only paid 150 for it... We'll ignore the 200-400 dollars spent on aftermarket parts! Those don't exist!