You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Unacceptable MM ing

35 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

Wow... This isnt a slanderish post.  You guys really need to put ur heads together on the MM..  This is unacceptable.  That team was so much better with 2 or 3 bismarks with 12k secondarys which IMO needs a serious NERF... between this type of thing and everyone saying they are Low tiered to much cant you guys fix this up?   the MM is broken... it really is guys.  

a1.png.7ef35975e4da63372b4626c3e817ad54.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 9

[WORX]
Members
11,480 posts
19,211 battles

This pic is evident of, if your BB core can't produce.... Then no one else will be able to pick up the slack of their lack of production...

As a result, snowball affect magnified resulting in instant loss.

Its not a MM issue, its a power creep problem...

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Bismark secondaries are 11.3 fully specced.  This means they are giving up other captain skills and upgrades to utilize secondaries  and is generally considered a less efficient build.

You also had a Bismark and a Massachusetts, which is a better secondary ship overall than Bismark.

Nobody is bottom tier more than 40 percent of games now.  People that complain about it now are being a bit silly.  It's part of the game and you make the best of it you can.  So that part of your request is already in place.

As to general balancing...they believe there is really nothing they can do, so we have what we have.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
10,728 posts
9,918 battles

3 Bismarks against two Bismarks and a Massachusetts.

I can see how that is a big disadvantage.

• Funny 1

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

What.... they came right down...  u kidding me the cruzers got what a 4k reach over the Bismark secondarys that these guys had there was no way anyone on the green team could do.. LOOK 5 or 6 DIVS from the red team all same clan what did the green get 2 of who knows what... come on man how can u stick up for the MM.   seriously

• Boring 1

Members
29 posts
4,898 battles

Random battles are called random battles for a reason, there is zero rhyme or rhythm to the matchmaking except for tier and class. Stop complaining, if you want a real competitive atmosphere then play Clan Battles.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

OK guys ya this was a even battle???.  You can not even be serious...  so the matched DIV's dont matter to u?  Plus it dont matter if we had 6 bismarks if the player is as of way lower exp the MM isnt matching very good...    unreal  ya that was a even match ur right nevermind

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Boring 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
4 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

OK guys ya this was a even battle???.  You can not even be serious...  so the matched DIV's dont matter to u?   unreal  ya that was a even match ur right nevermind

The problem wasnt the ships, which is what you are complaining about.

The problem in that game was the players on each team and how they played.  No amount of matchmaking tweaks can account for people playing poorly.  Take into account the fact that the gameplay itself sort of lends itself to a snowball steamroll effect and...well there you go.

[_BDA_]
Members
402 posts
6,312 battles

I only began seriously playing random battles during the Brit Cruiser event... and at that time I saw the oddest matchup of all.  A cruiser paired against a battleship on the MM screen.   Green Team 1 CV, 3 BB then cruisers and destroyers.  Red Team 1 CV, 4 BB, then cruisers and destroyers.  I thought that that shouldn't happen... and it wasn't like there was a shortage of ships waiting in the queue.  :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by michael_zahnle
spelling

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

Ik.... its the people not the ship I was refering to the people in the ship i just mentioned the ship.. just look at the DIV's.. comeone be real..   its always blowouts and the green team never is doing the blowing out... How do u explain that?    whatever guys the MM is spot on

Members
29 posts
4,898 battles
1 minute ago, michael_zahnle said:

I only began seriously playing random battles during the Brit Cruiser event... and at that time I saw the oddest matchup of all.  A cruiser paired against a battleship on the MM screen.   Green Team 1 CV, 3 BB then cruisers and destroyers.  Red Team 1 CV, 4 BB, then cruisers and destroyers.  I thought that that shouldn't happen... and it wasn't like there was a shortage of ships waiting in the queue.  :Smile_facepalm:

Indeed, if someone sits in queue for longer than 5 minutes it can lead to some really weird matchups like that.

[WOLF2]
Members
437 posts
9,389 battles

How do you know the divisions are made up of good players? 

I can only find a couple of the division guys at the moment and they are only 48-53% WR guys.  They don't just become unicum because they are in a division.

[GGWP]
Members
7,143 posts
16,416 battles
12 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Wow... This isnt a slanderish post.  You guys really need to put ur heads together on the MM..  This is unacceptable.  That team was so much better with 2 or 3 bismarks with 12k secondarys which IMO needs a serious NERF... between this type of thing and everyone saying they are Low tiered to much cant you guys fix this up?   the MM is broken... it really is guys.  

If it's unacceptable, then why do you continue to play? You shouldn't accept it, quit the game, uninstall and never come back. Either that or stop the hyperbole. 

Also Bismarck is a potato magnet and one of the worst ships in the game imo. 

• Confused 1

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,997 battles

Yeah, that’s totally an unfair battle. I mean, look! You were bottom tier. There was nothing that you could have done in that situation. Win/lose it’s all chance, luck of the draw, your own performance couldn’t possibly have any meaningful impact on the outcome. 

Right?

• Confused 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,179 posts
5,666 battles

You appear to be under the misapprehension that the lack of a skill based MM is a significant factor in the prevalence of blowouts.  It isn't.  A skill based MM would, per LWM's WoT data, reduce blowouts by about 5%, an amount not even noticeable without detailed statistical analysis.

The reason blowouts happen is because the game mechanics, notably the lack of any significant comeback mechanism, is designed to create the snowball effect.  What is the snowball effect?  It is the name for the team with fewer ships being more likely to lose the next ship and the greater the difference in number the greater the chance that the smaller team will lose the next ship, which of course makes the smaller team even smaller and thus more likely to lose the next ship after and so on.  Even super-unicum team vs super-unicum team battles produce frequent blowouts because snowball effect doesn't care about skill level.

Why are there no real effective comeback mechanisms?  Well, because comeback mechanisms tend to be rather gamey, even on the scale of WoWS.  The two primary methods used in other games are respawns, so that the snowball can't get up too much in most cases, and buffs to the power of the players on the smaller team commiserate with their deficit in numbers.  Neither is really suitable to this game and, for the most part, the player base would not like them.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,048 posts

The MM isn't broken because it doesn't match on skill, it isn't designed to.  Something needs to be doing something it isn't supposed to, or not doing something it is supposed to, in order to be broken.

If WG wanted the MM to create matches based on stats, it would.  They don't want it to do that, so it doesn't. Very much on purpose.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,270 posts
10,102 battles

Games like that happen. You get the team that is content to sail ships and ship vs. team of competent folks that read the wiki and put dozens, even scores of battles' practice into their ships.

I just shrug off the traitors (potatoes on your team that ruined your fun) as a waste of space. Rage at them? Can, but easy chat bans.

Just worry only about your performance. Ignore the traitors. You'll be a lot happier.

Members
16 posts
3,272 battles
4 hours ago, TheSpreadsheet_ said:

Random battles are called random battles for a reason, there is zero rhyme or rhythm to the matchmaking except for tier and class. Stop complaining, if you want a real competitive atmosphere then play Clan Battles.

lmbo @ you.    if you don't think this or any other Wargaming game is rigged, i really need some of that crap you're smoking, son

Edited by headstash
because wargaming is retarded
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
2,590 battles
6 hours ago, headstash said:

lmbo @ you.    if you don't think this or any other Wargaming game is rigged, i really need some of that crap you're smoking, son

if you do, you should post up the data to support it... otherwise go play something you don't think is rigged.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

You are really going to complain about matchmaking in an all T8 game?

Yikes.

Edited by enderland07
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,712 posts

1st world issue here.  Bismark does meed a nerf Roma needs a buff.  There is not reason that her sec are such short range. She has a Hindi straped to her side.

[REVY]
Members
2,507 posts
13,460 battles

just look at the DIV's

I know you've mentioned Divs multiple times

The issue is as you have blocked out the names of the players (which you should), you also blocked out the Divs.

So really, I have no idea how many were in a Div or what that Div was composed of.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts
14,445 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I know you've mentioned Divs multiple times

The issue is as you have blocked out the names of the players (which you should), you also blocked out the Divs.

So really, I have no idea how many were in a Div or what that Div was composed of.

He did not do that, I did. I got a lill box crazy!

All that being said, a ship is only as good as her Capt....  if I am a DD and push in within secondary range of secondary heavy ships and am spotted, that is my own fault. If I am in a BB and drive broadside to a Mass, that is my own fault... I am not saying that this was the case in this battle but.....

Tools are only as effective as the user.

-Hapa

[WOLFG]
Members
10,728 posts
9,918 battles
8 hours ago, headstash said:

The person you quoted has a purple clan tag.

That means he pays for premium matchmaking.  He knows.

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

1st world issue here.  Bismark does meed a nerf Roma needs a buff.  There is not reason that her sec are such short range. She has a Hindi straped to her side.

Ill agree there.. i dont even consider them to be there.. they are useless even with the capt skill or ship option put on.