23 comments in this topic

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles

Just updated to latest Radeon Software + Driver for my RX 590 Fatboy

"Roll Back Driver" is greyed out :/

But now I am hovering between 99% to 100 % GPU at ~65c

This was not happening before updating the driver.

Confirmed not only with Taskmanger, but also HWinfo64, Radeon Software

In-Game settings I am running pretty low settings, especially during this issue.

I am wondering if there is a setting in-game or in Radeon Software that gets changed during the update that I might be able to play with to try to settle GPU Usage back down to the 30 or 40% that it used to use

Rest of system is

Windows 10 x64 Home (All up to date)

Ryzen 5 2600

16 gig DDR4 3000

Game on Boot Drive SSD

GA - B450M (Latest BIOS) (F51 i think)

XFX AMD RX 590 Fat Boy

Thank you, happy to provide any other settings or specs you think i might need to tell you. Appreciate you help

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
3 minutes ago, TRN2LA said:

Just updated to latest Radeon Software + Driver for my RX 590 Fatboy

"Roll Back Driver" is greyed out :/

But now I am hovering between 99% to 100 % GPU at ~65c

This was not happening before updating the driver.

Confirmed not only with Taskmanger, but also HWinfo64, Radeon Software

In-Game settings I am running pretty low settings, especially during this issue.

I am wondering if there is a setting in-game or in Radeon Software that gets changed during the update that I might be able to play with to try to settle GPU Usage back down to the 30 or 40% that it used to use

Rest of system is

Windows 10 x64 Home (All up to date)

Ryzen 5 2600

16 gig DDR4 3000

Game on Boot Drive SSD

GA - B450M (Latest BIOS) (F51 i think)

XFX AMD RX 590 Fat Boy

Thank you, happy to provide any other settings or specs you think i might need to tell you. Appreciate you help

IMO, just by looking at this web comparison of a bare minimum GPU card....

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-ATI-Radeon-HD-2600/3649vsm11511https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-ATI-Radeon-HD-2600/3649vsm11511

Its time to update your GPU card... OR drop you graphics levels one notch until you're able to do so...

As long as WOWS is hell bent on improving their graphics with every update... I am afraid your GPU card is RIP (2014-2020)

@Snargfargle

What is your assessment ?

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
884 posts
59 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, just by looking at this web comparison of a bare minimum GPU card....

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-ATI-Radeon-HD-2600/3649vsm11511https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-ATI-Radeon-HD-2600/3649vsm11511

Its time to update your GPU card... OR drop you graphics levels one notch until you're able to do so...

As long as WOWS is hell bent on improving their graphics with every update... I am afraid your GPU card is RIP (2014-2020)

@Snargfargle

What is your assessment ?

Think it's it's the main screen . Iv had issues with my card doing 85% on a msi gtx1070. This game does not push my card even at the slightest except on the main port screen. For some reason my temps shoot you and fans kick in. Max of 62c the down after the fans kick in. Who knows what it is .

Edited by Versili

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
17 minutes ago, Versili said:

Think it's it's the main screen . Iv had issues with my card doing 85% on a msi gtx1070. This game does not push my card even at the slightest except on the main port screen. For some reason my temps shoot you and fans kick in. Max of 62c the down after the fans kick in. Who knows what it is .

Can you explain the "its the main screen" point? Just to make sure its understandable and clear as day for the OP to understand...

Edited by Navalpride33

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
884 posts
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Can you explain the "its the main screen" point? Just to make sure its understandable and clear as day for the OP to understand...

Right. The moment you splash into the port . Not loading and not loading into a battle or in battle.  Just in port.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
1,449 posts
6,904 battles
13 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You linked to a hd2600 by mistake.  His GPU is RX590. 

OP you could try to uninstall driver and download a previous version.  80C is normal temps under load for that card.  As for 100% GPU, not sure what to tell you.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
3 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

You linked to a 2600.  His GPU is RX590. 

OP you could try to uninstall driver and download a previous version. 

Slight over sight... OP put the specs I did a quick google search for what were the specs listed..I may have entered the wrong spec ...

@TRN2LA

*UPDATE*

According the the website based on my error OP

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-590/3649vs4033

Your GPU card is slightly better then the bare minimum GPU card for the game...

I dont recommend replacing the card.. I do recommend changing your Graphics settings to "custom."

Under the graphics tab in your settings under "GRAPHICS" in bold white lettering... Check for the following and compare... If you need to adjust something and use these settings as the control... Go for it...

I will list them  in column so that its easy to check... The left column is for the left items and the right column for the right hand.. Its going to be written in short hand format...

Left Items

• Custom
  • High
  • Anisotropic 16x
  • Maximum
  • Very High
  • Very high
  • Medium
  • High

Right items

• Direct 11
  • High
  • High
  • High
  • High
  • Far
  • High
  • Very high

Nor for the boxed items in the upper right part of the graphic settings. There are 6 boxes I numbered them 1-6 and checked or un check for easy reference

1. Check
  2. Check
  3. Check
  4. Check
  5. Unchecked
  6. Check

With these settings your card *SHOULDN'T* run so high... IT maybe you have it on max settings...

If you continue to have a problem.... Then Follow @0NutsNBolts0 Suggestion as well.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
783 posts
11,800 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-590/3649vs4033

Your GPU card is slightly better then the bare minimum GPU card for the game...

Two things,

1. That sight is and can be a joke for comparisons.

2. You again prove you have no idea what you are talking about regarding hardware. his card eats a GTX 1050 Ti for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and is well above the minimum for this game. You keep doing and saying the same thing over and over again pretty much every time someone has a problem like this.

Been going on pretty much forever. I get the same thing. In port at or near 100% GPU and temps into the 60's and the fans ramp up (RX 570). Get into a match and GPU usage will still be at 100% with the occasional dip down, but the temps fall off close to 10°C and the fan speed falls off as well. Basically the port is an unoptimized mess.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
2 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

1. That sight is and can be a joke for comparisons. 

If you have a fav site to compare GPU cards by all means man share it, dont keep it to yourself...

Everything I posted in post #7, is a suggestion... Since this is in a not the GPU Maker's forums... If he wants more technical level help for his GPU card... WOWS forums in not the place to get it...

BTW

Port is not an "unoptimal" mess, I (many others) dont have the OP's problem/issue... Port is a GPU hog... HOWEVER, with every update, MAPS are not far behind...

Even with that, the GPU usage for his card should be at or around %80..

From there, hope and pray the DEVs stop improving their graphics engine... If not, a lot of cards are not going to handle it, regardless of what a web site opinions on the topic.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,024 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you have a fav site to compare GPU cards by all means man share it, dont keep it to yourself...

i use this site as basic compare for gpu & cpu

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/Radeon-RX-590-vs-GeForce-GTX-1650-SUPER/4025vs4167

• Cool 1

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles

Hi guys thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I'm about to record a replay so while I am at it I will record Telemetry overlay.

I did roll back the driver. didn't help.

Normally GPU usage for 3D was ~ 40 to 50% now its around 100%. It's a bit weird it does it in spikes depending on which software you look at to monitor it. Stand by. I will make a video. Give me a couple of hours. I'm just initializing a new SSD as well and migrating WoWS install to that drive.

yeah just to be clear I am running an RX 590 Fat Boy. I gave my wife my old card (R9 280x) she is still on W7 but even she only uses approx 60% GPU. Something has gone Boo Boo here LOL. But I'm not fretting too much WoWS is still very playable. but I have to run manual Fan Settings or she just overheats and screen goes dark (have to reboot).

Anyway Stand by for Video and I will also post "GAME" Graphics Settings as well as "RADEON" graphics settings.

Edited by TRN2LA

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles

*Update* Video now uploading (very Slowly, thanks Telstra NBN). Anyway.... I don't know if its because I migrated to a new drive for World of Warships NA Instance and then did a "Check and Repair" or if I was really drunk and kept looking at my GPU Usage while it was spiking to 100% then when I looked away it dropped to zero or low. Or If it fixed itself some other way. In any case My average Usage is ~52%. I made the video anyway because there is (at least what I believe to be strange) some strange consistent spiking to 100%, then to zero, over and over. I feel a bit sheepish. Coz now I don't know if it was just that I was seeing and assuming that the 100% was constant or just constant spikes that I observed only at the 100% moments. (Check Video, you will see what I mean)

In the past 6 days I have updated BIOS, updated all drivers, rolled back drivers, installed this, uninstalled that so honestly anything is possible.

Still, watch the video I am about to post and you will see that my card is doing some strange stuff (I think) but Usage AVG is pretty good i think. Gameplay has always been fine. I can still play though I did get a couple of overheats the last week that I assumed were related to 100% Usage.

Its a 10-minute video in co-op (I probably should have made it shorter) but its at 24% upload with 2hours 16 minutes to go :/

I am so amazed the thread has been so helpful. usually by now it has been skewed down some crazy path barely relevant to the OP's Question lol. Good Work Guys & Gals (if any)

Edited by TRN2LA

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
14 minutes ago, TRN2LA said:

updated all drivers,

What process did you use to this ^^^???*Mainly referring to*

• GPU drivers
  • CPU driver

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What process did you use to this ^^^???*Mainly referring to*

• GPU drivers
  • CPU driver

Yeah GPU, Motherboard Chipset & BIOS, Ethernet, Sound, maybe some others. Hope that helped you :)

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
Just now, TRN2LA said:

Yeah GPU, Motherboard Chipset & BIOS, Ethernet, Sound, maybe some others. Hope that helped you :)

I meant the drivers... What process did you use to install your drivers for GPU and CPU ???

Since its an over heating issue this is a very important step...

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles

16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I meant the drivers... What process did you use to install your drivers for GPU and CPU ???

Since its an over heating issue this is a very important step...

for the motherboard based stuff, I used the gigabyte installers from their support page (given that I running a GA-B450M DSH3). Ah for Radeon I used the "Radeon Software" Suite. P.S. I have given up on the GA App Center its mental.

Edited by TRN2LA

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
7 minutes ago, TRN2LA said:

for the motherboard based stuff, I used the gigabyte installers from their support page (given that I running a GA-B450M DSH3). Ah for Radeon I used the "Radeon Software" Suite

While in the  GPU site what process did you use ??? I know the site... I am trying to help you in being meticulous in troubleshooting... Sometimes its the little and small steps,gets over looked, create a massive problem or becomes the fix.

Edited by Navalpride33

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

While in the  GPU site what process did you use ??? I know the site... I am trying to help you in being meticulous in troubleshooting... Sometimes its the little and small steps,gets over looked, create a massive problem or becomes the fix.

I didn't go to a Site to "Update" the GPU, (only for Motherboard) The GPU was updated using Radeon Software (formerly known as Catalyst Control Center) Allows you to update through it. Other than that I don't know what you mean by "Process". Unless of course you're asking if I checked the "Process Name" within Task Manger while I did all this, in which case I did not and don't have a clue.

[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles
11 minutes ago, TRN2LA said:

I didn't go to a Site to "Update" the GPU, (only for Motherboard) The GPU was updated using Radeon Software (formerly known as Catalyst Control Center)

Was this the Manual install or express/auto install for both?( This was what I was trying to help you to remember)...Its this attention to detail that is crucial...

I know the question trips up people trouble shooting their gear, usually their not in tune to the process as a whole...

So far, I gotten

• Web site
  • program.EXE name
  • Type/name of product...

Again, its IMO important in a trouble shooting situation, to know... Now mind you, I can only give you guidance at a basic lvl... Its based on my Troubleshooting horror stories/experience...

Hopefully after we try to get your gear up and working well, you can tells us how this has gone for ya... (From what i've seen it taken 6 days, that is double the misery I had to endure... I did 3 lol.)

:Smile_smile:

Edited by Navalpride33

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles
23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Was this the Manual install or express/auto install for both?( This was what I was trying to help you to remember)...Its this attention to detail that is crucial...

I know the question trips up people trouble shooting their gear, usually their not in tune to the process as a whole...

So far, I gotten

• Web site
  • program.EXE name
  • Type/name of product...

Again, its IMO important in a trouble shooting situation, to know... Now mind you, I can only give you guidance at a basic lvl... Its based on my Troubleshooting horror stories/experience...

Hopefully after we try to get your gear up and working well, you can tells us how this has gone for ya... (From what i've seen it taken 6 days, that is double the misery I had to endure... I did 3 lol.)

:Smile_smile:

I appreciate that you're trying so hard to help. :D I do. but you do realize I have posted that the problem is pretty much resolved (other than the spiking issue)(Which is not really impacting game performance)? I think sometimes I make my posts too long and people miss stuff. 24 minutes till the video is ready. But that's really just to show the strange spiking to and from 100% to Zero repeatedly (Which could be normal).

Edited by TRN2LA

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,067 battles

Spoiler

InstantGif_2020_05.27-18_44.thumb.gif.8ee4f20085fe721c34daa7e38362e8da.gif

Edited by TRN2LA

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,803 posts
7,908 battles
On 5/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, Versili said:

Yea for some bizarre reason WG makes the in game port use up a lot of gpu whereas playing an actual battle doesn't.

Due to this reason I minimize the game often times when people in the div I'm in are either loading up another ship, setting up their ship or taking a short break for a drink or restroom.

[Y0L0]
Members
36 posts
8,004 battles

have you tried clearing your shader cache?

also

usage in port dosnt matter, game has some weird code that causes text rendering to use 100%

you card should be plenty powerful i was using a 380 4gb with mostly high settings

anti aliasing combined with the poorly optimised new anti aircraft effects will tank your crapno matter how good it is

are you running vsync? turn that on or at least experment with it

what are you cpu and gfx card temps like thats a better indicator of usage than % crap from some software

uninstall that antivirus for starters or at least disable when you are playing

how do you preform in other games

run the userbenchmark tool and see if your operating within expectations

you might be missing or have installed outdated drivers

if you are running w10 you wont need to install anything custom from the mobo website or anything, and if you do it might wreck your performance

put the bong down

does anything that your talking about even matter?

Edited by rep0

Sign in to follow this