You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

First Ranked Battles, 3 Wins in a row!

19 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles

My first ranked game ever! Big race map. Our team went to a while a Colorado and I went to C cap. I wanted to flank and kite and we did a good job. I found an Atlanta trying to cap C and sitting beside island. My HE did good damage to him and he fled behind rock. When he came out the other side 2 of my fishiest fishes found his broadside. ! for me! lol. Sinop started hitting me hard [Got Citideled } so I went dark. Colorado engaged him and when enemy was concentrating on our BB I opened back with my guns and using my spotter. Our team capped B and our Flint had a BBQ with 3 ships. Lol. First game fun and a win. So all you newer players get out there, Be a good team mate and smoosh the enemy!

Screenshot (159).png

Screenshot (158).png

Edited by HeidiAngel
misspelling
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,417 posts
19,183 battles

Just remember, the salt is heavy in Ranked... Ranked is not for the faint of heart... Its an acquired taste for the mode...

1 for 1, GJ.. .

[MRL]
Members
474 posts
3,032 battles

I can't believe they got rid of the irrevocable rank 5 position. Better rank out fast least you be left with the awful matches.

[PVE]
Members
4,659 posts
20,581 battles

I played one match in my Lazo and it was nothing but hiding and sniping.....  There weren't any tactics; no movements to contact; no chat to coordinate anything; and, was all hiding on both sides.  One loss and done.  I want nothing to do with hiding and sniping.  Oh well, I really like tier 7 but it seems that is all players know how to do anymore>?? 

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles

2nd Game in Ranked. Ok..I picked wrong side to flank. Lol. Got shot up but still sank a snooping DD. A Colorado was very rude to me and swiss cheesed my bow. Had to turn and run and kite like a cat being chased by a dog. But I survived, Prevented them from capping and My team carried me across the finish line for win number 2! I won some Steele!  Cool.

Screenshot (160).png

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles

3rd game in ranked. Picked the correct side to flank this time. Atlanta still gave me a hard time. Burnt up and torped Scharnhorst [sank him] 3rd win in ranked!

Screenshot (161).png

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
815 posts
7,116 battles

I'm not really sure if I can take another season of ranked potatoes. I have one win and 5 losses so far. Players are complete and utter trash.

Congrats on your win and happy sailing.

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles
15 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I'm not really sure if I can take another season of ranked potatoes. I have one win and 5 losses so far. Players are complete and utter trash.

Just was in my first defeat but I had highest score. The team just stopped and camped after seeing enemy.

Screenshot (162).png

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
18 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

Mu experience has been exactly the opposite. I've mostly had good teams and only two really bad ones.

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles

I played 5 games tonight in ranked. 4 wins and 1 loss. I got carried to a win by our team once. In the loss I scored highest. Great experience tonight! Thanks everyone who encouraged me and who have given needed advice along the way.

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 minute ago, HeidiAngel said:

I played 5 games tonight in ranked. 4 wins and 1 loss. I got carried to a win by our team once. In the loss I scored highest. Great experience tonight! Thanks everyone who encouraged me and who have given needed advice along the way.

The whole idea is to have fun. If and when you run into some bad players on your team just try to do the best you can. If your team is really bad then you will usually save a star even with a moderately-good effort.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
200 posts
11,153 battles
1 hour ago, HeidiAngel said:

HeidiAngel you've convinced me to give the Abruzzi a whirl. 

By the way your posts are a breath of fresh air on these forums keep it up.

And, thank you for bringing the expression "Smoosh the enemy" to the game.

Ima gonna make that my signature.

:)

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,567 battles
13 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

HeidiAngel you've convinced me to give the Abruzzi a whirl. 

By the way your posts are a breath of fresh air on these forums keep it up.

And, thank you for bringing the expression "Smoosh the enemy" to the game.

Ima gonna make that my signature.

:)

Your Welcome and good lucky with the Smooshing! Remember, When in doubt, SMOOSH EM!

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,965 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I can't believe they got rid of the irrevocable rank 5 position. Better rank out fast least you be left with the awful matches.

What?! When did they make a Rank 5 irrevocable? That would have been amazing, and would have probably saved me 50-80 battles each time I tried ranking out, and brought forward my attainment of the Glint by a full season (and 6 months). 

Dropping from Rank 2 to Rank 12 a few times was a real drain on the willpower...

Great, excellent work!!

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,965 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

What?! When did they make a Rank 5 irrevocable? That would have been amazing, and would have probably saved me 50-80 battles each time I tried ranking out, and brought forward my attainment of the Glint by a full season (and 6 months). 

Dropping from Rank 2 to Rank 12 a few times was a real drain on the willpower...

Great, excellent work!!

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,005 battles

I lost my first 4 games, but won the 4 after that, or something like that. At least I got to rank 8.

[TOG]
Members
200 posts
11,153 battles

Your Welcome and good lucky with the Smooshing! Remember, When in doubt, SMOOSH EM!

The smoosh is strong in this one :)