Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Titus_Pullo_13

Tier Three - carriers ruin the game.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
152 posts
5,127 battles

I have a couple of Tier 6 and 7 ships but I have the most fun with my Tier 3 St Louis.  Such a fun ship unless there are two carriers in the game. 

I try to stick close to other ships for mutual air support but few players get the concept. It's often such a waste of time that I want to put on autopilot to the otherside of the map and abandon my ship.( I don't though)

VERY frustrating. Either nerf the planes, bolster the air defence or limit to one carrier per game (preferably all three). Terrible game experience with Tier Three and carriers. 

Edited by FranklinjVI
misspell
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,186
[O_O]
Members
6,769 posts
16,213 battles

Yes, this is a known issue with Tier 5 and under.  WG recently limited CV's at those tiers to two per team.  It was a nice start, but they really need to cap them to one per team at those tiers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
5,127 battles

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one. It's bad enough to stop playing those levels. Two carriers are still too many when there are only a handful of players in a game at that level. 

I hope the continue working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,259
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, this is a known issue with Tier 5 and under.  WG recently limited CV's at those tiers to two per team.  It was a nice start, but they really need to cap them to one per team at those tiers.

The problem with that is there will be a lot more queue dumps.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
5,127 battles

It's not worth playing as-is. Sounds like there are proportionately too many carrier players and the other players suffer.

Give carrier players a room full of bots so they have things to blow up. 

It's a real relief and a tone of fun when there are no carriers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[_BDA_]
Members
397 posts
6,262 battles

Another issue with carriers at low tier is that in co-op they add carrier bots to the player team, thereby forcing the red team to have one of their own.  Why, just to give the robots something to attack with torpedoes against ships without proper anti-air defenses? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,272
[RLGN]
Members
14,935 posts
26,464 battles
1 hour ago, FranklinjVI said:

I have a couple of Tier 6 and 7 ships but I have the most fun with my Tier 3 St Louis.  Such a fun ship unless there are two carriers in the game. 

I try to stick close to other ships for mutual air support but few players get the concept. It's often such a waste of time that I want to put on autopilot to the otherside of the map and abandon my ship.( I don't though)

VERY frustrating. Either nerf the planes, bolster the air defence or limit to one carrier per game (preferably all three). Terrible game experience with Tier Three and carriers. 

It is a horrid learning curve for some, and I can’t really blame you for disliking how it is.

It’s small comfort, but it used to be worse.

You might try an RN Vampire if it’s available. You still need to ‘just dodge,’ but for a Tier 3, it’s AA seems more useful than most.

1 hour ago, FranklinjVI said:

Give carrier players a room full of bots so they have things to blow up. 

It's a real relief and a tone of fun when there are no carriers. 

Basically what I used to do; would only play carriers in Co-op.

I’m indifferent about that second; but that’s also 22k games of experience talking, so that’s likely why.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,186
[O_O]
Members
6,769 posts
16,213 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

Another issue with carriers at low tier is that in co-op they add carrier bots to the player team, thereby forcing the red team to have one of their own.  Why, just to give the robots something to attack with torpedoes against ships without proper anti-air defenses? 

To be honest, you don't need AA against bot CV's.  They don't always attack when they approach, and they can't hit squat (in lower tiers) when they do.  Tier 4 bot CV's are mostly harmless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×