You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bankaibahamut

Still no Tone...

37 comments in this topic

[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,815 battles

Another year, and still no Tone. I don't know if they are waiting to give it some kind of gimmick related to its planes, but now a certain other game (which shall not be named) is getting it, and that's just kinda sad imo. It's not like the Japanese tree is swimming in higher-tier cruiser premiums. I can only think of Atago (and its ARP clone) and Yoshino and Azuma (which are also basically clones) and those two can only be gotten with resources. Now that I think about it, most of the Japanese premiums are ARP ships, kinda funny in a way to me.

Anyway, ramble over, do you think we'll see Tone anytime soon, or, well, ever?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

No.

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming.  Aren't you excited for that?  :cap_horn:

...not that I won't be playing them when they come, but yeah; I feel you disappointment.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,764 battles

Sorry, no Tone, but we still have Volume, Balance and Band Select.

image.png.936c205ed3eaa08aa4bd2059a558d6b4.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

No "Treble" adjustment?  Meh.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,764 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

No "Treble" adjustment?  Meh.

Sorry, no.  I'm more into Trouble adjustments meself. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
16,000 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Sorry, no.  I'm more into Trouble adjustments meself. :Smile_teethhappy:

I don’t need adjusting. My dial is stuck at 11 ;-)

• Funny 2

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Are you implying that WG is Tone deaf?

Ok, now that was funny.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[REKTD]
Members
329 posts
10,155 battles

We do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires. If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

Edited by SuperComm4

[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,815 battles
1 minute ago, SuperComm4 said:

FWe do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires. If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

I see no problems with this, very balanced, as all things should be.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,396 battles

even if the have her as regular ships with just an extra spotter I think people would really love that. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,960 posts
26,494 battles
23 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

No.

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming.  Aren't you excited for that?  :cap_horn:

...not that I won't be playing them when they come, but yeah; I feel you disappointment.  

Yeah.

So excited.

I’ll likely give Mikoyawatsit and my ‘new’ Kirov the standard treatment; 5 PvP and 5 PvE, then forget they exist.

4 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

We do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires.

If an Enterprise is in the game, its entire dive bomber squad gets to attack at the same time; instead of the current ‘death by a thousand cuts’ foolishness.

4 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

Who knows.

Nagumo was a potato; he’d probably still manage to screw things up.

If Yamaguchi had been in charge though...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,306 posts
12,210 battles

iirc, the last time Tone was in the game it crashed the whole server/ game for those in the match with it

[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,815 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

iirc, the last time Tone was in the game it crashed the whole server/ game for those in the match with it

I seem to remember them showing a 3d model of Tone at one point WAY back, but I don't recall it actually being in the game. Am I wrong?

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,155 posts
16,207 battles
36 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

You sir, owe me a drink; since my current one is now on my screen...and keyboard......and desk.  rofl.gif

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming. 

Just slap a "stars and stripes" camo on the new Soviet ships and pretend that you got them cheap as surplus in 1992.

LOL, the government actually sent me a "Thank You" once for helping to win the Cold War. It arrived out of the blue one day and I guess it was legit as it was signed by the Secretary of Defense.  

Members
4,302 posts
3,255 battles
1 hour ago, bankaibahamut said:

I seem to remember them showing a 3d model of Tone at one point WAY back, but I don't recall it actually being in the game. Am I wrong?

[RLGN]
Members
14,960 posts
26,494 battles
57 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

LOL, the government actually sent me a "Thank You" once for helping to win the Cold War. It arrived out of the blue one day and I guess it was legit as it was signed by the Secretary of Defense.  

Gotta love that bureaucracy in action.

Thanks for something is years in the coming, but God help you if you’d lost your medic’s kit or a rifle or something, and failed to account for it.

They’d demand recompense NOW, and would threaten financial seizure if you didn’t comply.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
30 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gotta love that bureaucracy in action.

Thanks for something is years in the coming, but God help you if you’d lost your medic’s kit or a rifle or something, and failed to account for it.

They’d demand recompense NOW, and would threaten financial seizure if you didn’t comply.

I had some gear stolen in AIT and had no money to buy replacements. Fortunately a Special Forces sergeant who was being cross-trained as a medic noticed my predicament and felt sorry enough for me to "procure" me new gear. When he gave it to me I asked where he had got it. He just smiled and said "Don't ask, private, as far as anyone is concerned you were issued it."

I found a helmet in Germany that had been run over by a tank and squashed flat. Since it didn't take up much space I just tossed in my duffle bag and kept it. When I got back to the states I DX'd it at clothing sales. When I was discharged I had to turn in my TOE gear but I still have that never-used helmet.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,895 battles

Probably, but it will be called "Bone", and it will be a secret Russian design that ONLY WoWs historians have access too. 

Also, it will be 2mill+ FXP.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,344 posts
9,660 battles

I really don't understand what's keeping them from releasing this ship.

• Cool 1