Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bankaibahamut

Still no Tone...

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

55
[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
59 posts
8,302 battles

Another year, and still no Tone. I don't know if they are waiting to give it some kind of gimmick related to its planes, but now a certain other game (which shall not be named) is getting it, and that's just kinda sad imo. It's not like the Japanese tree is swimming in higher-tier cruiser premiums. I can only think of Atago (and its ARP clone) and Yoshino and Azuma (which are also basically clones) and those two can only be gotten with resources. Now that I think about it, most of the Japanese premiums are ARP ships, kinda funny in a way to me.

Anyway, ramble over, do you think we'll see Tone anytime soon, or, well, ever?

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,201
[SYN]
Members
5,882 posts
13,316 battles

No.

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming.  Aren't you excited for that?  :cap_horn:

 

...not that I won't be playing them when they come, but yeah; I feel you disappointment.  

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
122 posts
11,362 battles

Doubt we'll see it soon, if ever. But who knows, we can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,201
[SYN]
Members
5,882 posts
13,316 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

     Sorry, no Tone, but we still have Volume, Balance and Band Select.

image.png.936c205ed3eaa08aa4bd2059a558d6b4.png

No "Treble" adjustment?  Meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,173
[NONE]
Members
4,188 posts
Just now, Kuckoo said:

No "Treble" adjustment?  Meh.

    Sorry, no.  I'm more into Trouble adjustments meself. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,002
[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,607 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

    Sorry, no.  I'm more into Trouble adjustments meself. :Smile_teethhappy:

I don’t need adjusting. My dial is stuck at 11 ;-)

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,201
[SYN]
Members
5,882 posts
13,316 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Are you implying that WG is Tone deaf?

Ok, now that was funny.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[REKTD]
Members
1,085 posts
13,675 battles

We do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires. If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

Edited by SuperComm4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
59 posts
8,302 battles
1 minute ago, SuperComm4 said:

FWe do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires. If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

I see no problems with this, very balanced, as all things should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,918
[RLGN]
Members
17,953 posts
32,130 battles
23 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

No.

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming.  Aren't you excited for that?  :cap_horn:

...not that I won't be playing them when they come, but yeah; I feel you disappointment.  

Yeah.

So excited.

I’ll likely give Mikoyawatsit and my ‘new’ Kirov the standard treatment; 5 PvP and 5 PvE, then forget they exist.

4 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

We do not just demand Tone, we want Tone’s #4 Scout Plane Consumable. This would give us a RNG delayed launch. If it launches delayed due to the RNG gods frowning upon us, all Japanese ships receive the insta-lite fires.

If an Enterprise is in the game, its entire dive bomber squad gets to attack at the same time; instead of the current ‘death by a thousand cuts’ foolishness.

4 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

If RNG favors us, it launches on time and all American ships are insta-sunk.

Who knows.

Nagumo was a potato; he’d probably still manage to screw things up.

If Yamaguchi had been in charge though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,534
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,591 posts
15,376 battles

iirc, the last time Tone was in the game it crashed the whole server/ game for those in the match with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[-VIP-]
Beta Testers
59 posts
8,302 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

iirc, the last time Tone was in the game it crashed the whole server/ game for those in the match with it

I seem to remember them showing a 3d model of Tone at one point WAY back, but I don't recall it actually being in the game. Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
505
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,542 posts
21,557 battles
36 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

     Sorry, no Tone, but we still have Volume, Balance and Band Select.

image.png.936c205ed3eaa08aa4bd2059a558d6b4.png

 

You sir, owe me a drink; since my current one is now on my screen...and keyboard......and desk.  rofl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,006
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
18,350 posts
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

But hey, we got a whole new boatload of more Soviet fantasy ships coming. 

Just slap a "stars and stripes" camo on the new Soviet ships and pretend that you got them cheap as surplus in 1992.

LOL, the government actually sent me a "Thank You" once for helping to win the Cold War. It arrived out of the blue one day and I guess it was legit as it was signed by the Secretary of Defense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,512 posts
3,255 battles
1 hour ago, bankaibahamut said:

I seem to remember them showing a 3d model of Tone at one point WAY back, but I don't recall it actually being in the game. Am I wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,918
[RLGN]
Members
17,953 posts
32,130 battles
57 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

LOL, the government actually sent me a "Thank You" once for helping to win the Cold War. It arrived out of the blue one day and I guess it was legit as it was signed by the Secretary of Defense.  

Gotta love that bureaucracy in action.

Thanks for something is years in the coming, but God help you if you’d lost your medic’s kit or a rifle or something, and failed to account for it.

They’d demand recompense NOW, and would threaten financial seizure if you didn’t comply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,006
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
18,350 posts
30 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gotta love that bureaucracy in action.

Thanks for something is years in the coming, but God help you if you’d lost your medic’s kit or a rifle or something, and failed to account for it.

They’d demand recompense NOW, and would threaten financial seizure if you didn’t comply.

I had some gear stolen in AIT and had no money to buy replacements. Fortunately a Special Forces sergeant who was being cross-trained as a medic noticed my predicament and felt sorry enough for me to "procure" me new gear. When he gave it to me I asked where he had got it. He just smiled and said "Don't ask, private, as far as anyone is concerned you were issued it."

I found a helmet in Germany that had been run over by a tank and squashed flat. Since it didn't take up much space I just tossed in my duffle bag and kept it. When I got back to the states I DX'd it at clothing sales. When I was discharged I had to turn in my TOE gear but I still have that never-used helmet.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,973 posts
11,160 battles

Probably, but it will be called "Bone", and it will be a secret Russian design that ONLY WoWs historians have access too. 

Also, it will be 2mill+ FXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,821
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,142 posts
10,605 battles

I really don't understand what's keeping them from releasing this ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×