You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Wants Newer players banned from Ranked

98 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,584 battles

My Dad saw a post about how a player had a bad ranked game and two newer players played very badly and his team got rolled over. He told me about it so I am here to ask a simple question. I understand his frustration but I was not in the game so I am asking should I be banned from playing ranked because HE had a bad game? This will be my first ranked season and I would like the experienced in this forum give me an honest opinion. Do you agree that I should not be able to play ranked? Am posting some numbers of mine so all can see and make up their own minds.516953530_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.234aef961198631f64f46776e68fa6c6.png701834574_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.868b1cc28ebe12b0d0028d84dc0be1af.png1652384336_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.141de4349e5a5c5b343aa14d7311ae9b.png

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

do your own thing and just ignore em, takes experience and willingness to learn to get better

• Cool 2

[REKTD]
Members
320 posts
10,155 battles

This will be a never ending debate, and you will see similar debates in all aspects of society. Everyone thinks they are right, or “entitled” to something they “have earned”. 

In that post you reference, we see a clear example of why we should never attempt to create policy when in the midst of an emotional reaction. Inevitably we will come up with something that somehow “punishes” someone not guilty of whatever act sparked our emotional outburst. I believe that OP likely sees the error of their knee-jerk post. 

I don’t think we can ban you, or anyone else based on # of battles / win rates / battles at tier X etc. The only skill-based MM model plausible would be one that has a multiple (equal) number of certain level players on both sides. The fatal issue with that is there are too many variables in a game like WoWS.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles

If you care enough to improve, why should you care if others think you should or shouldn't play?

If you care enough to try and improve, you're already lightyears ahead of most.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
667 posts
12,578 battles

My feeling on rank it should be kept at high tiers t9-t10. Sprint should be low tiers and give better rewards then they do give right now.  T7 is one of the worst balance tiers of all just like t5.  so making steel reward for tier is dumb.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
12,579 posts
26,158 battles
13 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

My Dad saw a post about how a player had a bad ranked game and two newer players played very badly and his team got rolled over. He told me about it so I am here to ask a simple question. I understand his frustration but I was not in the game so I am asking should I be banned from playing ranked because HE had a bad game? This will be my first ranked season and I would like the experienced in this forum give me an honest opinion. Do you agree that I should not be able to play ranked? Am posting some numbers of mine so all can see and make up their own minds.

You don't have to show us anything or justify anything. IF you want to play ranked play ranked. No, you should not be banned from it for ANY reason other than breaking rules if you have the ships needed to play.

Don't let toxic morons keep you from enjoying the game. It is a game and nothing more.

• Cool 10

[USCC2]
Members
6,191 posts

Do what you enjoy, that is what the game is for. There will always be those that want to blame others because things didn't go the way they wanted it to - let them stew and get on with your game.

All I would say is, if there are some that offer constructive device and you feel you can learn, then listen - you'll probably end up doing better in the long run than the guy who is too busy complaining and trying to ban you that he never reflects on his own play. :Smile_honoring:

[-AGW-]
Members
999 posts
14,810 battles

The only rules that count for ranked are those set by WG.

The rest is unsolicited opinion and whining and is not likely to change any rules WG sets.

• Cool 1

[RGPLT]
Members
669 posts
17,602 battles
16 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

My Dad saw a post about how a player had a bad ranked game and two newer players played very badly and his team got rolled over. He told me about it so I am here to ask a simple question. I understand his frustration but I was not in the game so I am asking should I be banned from playing ranked because HE had a bad game? This will be my first ranked season and I would like the experienced in this forum give me an honest opinion. Do you agree that I should not be able to play ranked? Am posting some numbers of mine so all can see and make up their own minds.516953530_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.234aef961198631f64f46776e68fa6c6.png701834574_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.868b1cc28ebe12b0d0028d84dc0be1af.png1652384336_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.141de4349e5a5c5b343aa14d7311ae9b.png

Nope dad is an idiot and wg thinks so. Ranked is a journey for the player. Each sesason you get farther then before. Ranked isnt some special mode.

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
397 posts
6,262 battles

I agree... do your own thing.  This is my first go at Ranked battles and it hasn't gone well.  Fire breathing dragons enjoy lighting up my Colorado and that's my only Tier 7 ship... which made for some short battles.  Still, we carry on and learn from what happens and try not to blame anyone for our own mistakes, like running aground trying to avoid broadsides while in the cross hairs of three BBs.   :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,662 posts
12,138 battles

They have to play so many games to unlock ranked so.  You were all noobs at one point in this game.  I have second accounts that I'm going to use rank to farm credits.  So go for it.

[WORX]
Members
11,451 posts
19,196 battles

You'll not get banned, but prepare to defend yourself from the salt...

Out of all the game mod, Ranked is the saltiest mod of all... One way to see it...

Co-op = Water with country time mixed in...

Random = Ocean water

Ranked = Don Juan Pound... (yes it does exist).

• Boring 1

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles

Give it a shot, if you find the experience unenjoyable then ranked isnt worth playing but you have every right to try it

[TIGRB]
Members
338 posts
1,584 battles
5 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Nope dad is an idiot and wg thinks so. Ranked is a journey for the player. Each sesason you get farther then before. Ranked isnt some special mode.

How is my Father an Idiot?

[PVE]
Members
12,579 posts
26,158 battles
Just now, HeidiAngel said:

How is my Father an Idiot?

I "think" the person misunderstood and thought it was your Dad saying you should be banned. 

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,225 battles

there are players with 10k+ battles that are some of the worst players in the game,  time does not equal skill. 

There will always be salty people especially in ranked that will only blame their team when they lose a game, they never seem to look at their own performances.

simple rule, if you are losing games you are just not doing enough, never rely on random team mates.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,323 posts
4,560 battles

Naaahh, play the game and have fun. Don't worry about it, in this game there isn't such a thing as banned for being a rookie.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

Don't worry - a lot of people in ranked are "experts" on why the rest of their team is bad. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,088 posts

I played my first Ranked back in Season 2 ... we were ALL new back then!  :cap_haloween: But seriously, I think you are doing better now than I did back then.

Just asking the question proves you have more maturity than a lot of "self important" players you'll come across.  Do your thing and have fun ... only you can decide if you feel like going for Rank 1 or you've reached your max level for enjoyment.  Don't let anyone else try to influence your decision.  People tend to forget that first and foremost this is a game ... and games are played for fun. Good luck!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles
54 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

This will be a never ending debate, and you will see similar debates in all aspects of society. Everyone thinks they are right, or “entitled” to something they “have earned”. 

In that post you reference, we see a clear example of why we should never attempt to create policy when in the midst of an emotional reaction. Inevitably we will come up with something that somehow “punishes” someone not guilty of whatever act sparked our emotional outburst. I believe that OP likely sees the error of their knee-jerk post. 

I don’t think we can ban you, or anyone else based on # of battles / win rates / battles at tier X etc. The only skill-based MM model plausible would be one that has a multiple (equal) number of certain level players on both sides. The fatal issue with that is there are too many variables in a game like WoWS.

The only way for a skill factor in this game is skill balancing after the players are tagged for a match.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,094 battles

Hypothetical question proposing a hypothetical problem could only be answered with a hypothetical .....   My point is... what your point?    You can play ranked now and will not be banned from playing ranked later?  sooooooooooooo  let's save the bandwidth.      

• Boring 1