You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

First Ranked Battle - Frames it nicely - It's a joke.

78 comments in this topic

Members
2,389 posts
13,906 battles

A loss... of course, but more than that..

a USELESS captain in a KVG with a whopping 418 battles pretty much lost the match for us...

Oh and a DD that had no clue what to do either, because he has 503 battles... in a Shiratsuyu...

So.. WG... I just had my first battle of the day and I really do not desire to do anymore right now.  I am disgusted.

Why does WG allow captains with out enough experience to play in ranked?
Why are there no Skill Level barriers in this game?

The result of this battle is that two new players got a bad experience, I got a bad experience.. it was a lose lose for our team...

Why... ? 

I want to compete, not babysit.. I want to play with and against competent captains.

Ranked is a joke when you have to play with and against captains that have no skills.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 20

[HAVC5]
Members
95 posts
13,624 battles

well, to be honest it sounds like you were expecting to enter some kind of professional level game play, when its still random battles,  MM selecting teams in tier VII...  

accept the game mode for what it is.. random battles with fewer players per team.  

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
2 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Poi??

816078764_YudachiPoi.thumb.png.c50733953df9103d10af0c6d92414eb6.png

Get yourself in a ship that can carry then. All I can recommend. 

Yudachi? You're a brave man.

• Funny 1

Members
1,660 posts
On 5/20/2020 at 9:39 AM, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

a USELESS captain in a KVG with a whopping 418 battles pretty much lost the match for us...

Oh and a DD that had no clue what to do either, because he has 503 battles... in a Shiratsuyu...

So.. WG... I just had my first battle of the day and I really do not desire to do anymore right now.  I am disgusted.

The result of this battle is that two new players got a bad experience, I got a bad experience.. it was a lose lose for our team...

Why... ? 

I want to compete, not babysit.. I want to play with and against competent captains.

Ranked is a joke when you have to play with and against captains that have no skills.

It is a free to play game for all. Ranked is a grind, not a competition.

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,665 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

2 games later I swapped to a BB.... went real bad... Then Lenningrad has been great. Yudachi is very good though at saturating cap zones with torps. Will flit between my DD's I think.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,662 posts
12,125 battles
16 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Why... ? 

You are good?   If so won't have to worry about others.  There is going to be more of this.  Don't act like you don't expect this.  Might have to run Sims to get people all pissy.

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,906 battles

Sir, What about my Daughter? She spends her OWN money on this game and has a wr of 61% with 49000 Damage a game. She has 350 battles and has ships up to tier 8. She is looking forward to her first ranked experience . So should she be banned from playing because of you wanting to have team mates that have more experience? I am telling you she will SMOKE some of the guys on here with thousands of battles under their belt and has very good common sense and battle instincts. Should I tell her she can't play because you don't want her to?

• Cool 10

Members
2,389 posts
13,906 battles

Can you just address the points made without attacking the poster?  If you can't address the points being made, and just post with taunts, just don't post.

I was trying to start a conversation.... I expect WAY too much. 

glhf

• Cool 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
30 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

LOL, you are worlds better than me at the game but my two first Ranked games were wonderful. It is simply the luck of the draw.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,137 posts
10,310 battles

TIL that wanting to win and have a team that has the tiniest clue what they are doing is being.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
6 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Sir, What about my Daughter? She spends her OWN money on this game... 

That is so neat. Do you ever division with your girl or do you only have one computer so you can't?

• Cool 1

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,126 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

TIL that wanting to win and have a team that has the tiniest clue what they are doing is being "Elitist".

You get the team you get. Same as anyone else. Do what you can with it, or don’t. Don’t expect anyone to care as it’s a voluntary and shared experience. 

Also, the better you are, the more influence you have in 7 ship games. Have more influence. 

[YORHA]
Members
5,137 posts
10,310 battles
Just now, Thornir said:

You get the team you get. Same as anyone else. Do what you can with it, or don’t. Don’t expect anyone to care as it’s a voluntary and shared experience. 

Also, the better you are, the more influence you have in 7 ship games. Have more influence. 

All true.

How does it have anything to do with what I wrote?

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,538 battles

My recommendation to all is for anyone wanting to try Ranked...no matter how good (or bad) you are...GO FOR IT!!!

Have fun.  Ignore the salt.  If you're good and see potatoes...let it go.  Have fun.  Seriously.

Now...all the above is for Rank down to 15.  Everyone...go for it.  Don't be discouraged.  Don't think you don't rate.  IMHO, rank to Rank 15 is pretty much for EVERYONE.

Once you get to 15, make a reassessment of your experience. If you think you rate well, then press on.  If you think you really had a challenge, then re-evaluate if you really want more of that.  Not saying that is an auto stop at Rank 15.  Just saying you gotta evaluate what you bring and whether you're willing to catch a LOT of salt.

For all the good/veteran players among us...give the newbies a break...ALWAYS...through Rank 15.  And for all the newbies wondering if you're good enough...maybe just started playing the game and finally got your first T7.  Join in.  Don't sweat it.  Expect some salt.  Ignore it.  Even if you potato...don't sweat it.  Make the run to Rank 15.  Jump in.  Get wet.   How else you gonna learn to swim in rank.  

• Cool 6

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,696 battles
34 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Because WG aren't a bunch of elitist dropkicks.

8 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Not a one of you addressed the points

That's because we can see straight through the thin veneer to what you really want. You drew a bad team and you snapped in frustration immediately. If you'd been matched with the winners over and over again, we wouldn't be reading this now.

If you want good co-operation with players who are a known quantity and a team composition in which all the ships synergize, that's what Clan Battles and Operations are for. 

• Cool 2

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,665 battles
22 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Not a one of you addressed the points, instead .. you taunt, and ridicule and poke... no discussion... just insults... Nice job.. you guys really help make this a place others want to be.... congrats..  ;)

Can you just address the points made without attacking the poster?  If you can't address the points being made, and just post with taunts, just don't post.. ffs

glhf

I'll say it again for you. Play in a ship you can carry in. The fact you even thought you could rely on your team was your 1st mistake. Whatever your class preference, pick the strongest ship you have in it at that tier. Ranked ins't skill based (though skilled players will rank out quicker). It's a war of attrition. 

• Cool 3

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
39 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Why... ? 

11 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Not a one of you addressed the points, instead .. you taunt, and ridicule and poke... no discussion... just insults... Nice job.. you guys really help make this a place others want to be.... congrats..  ;)

Can you just address the points made without attacking the poster?  If you can't address the points being made, and just post with taunts, just don't post.. ffs

glhf

So stripping the points from the rant I think these are the 2 you're posing.

1. Why does WG allow captains with out enough experience to play in ranked?
2. Why are there no Skill Level barriers in this game?

1. Define "enough experience". Does it need to be a certain number of battles? A certain number of ships at a tier? After all there a people with a few hundred games who are very good at the game and many with umpteen thousands of games who are not and others who can have a fleet of tier 8s having never got past tier 3 on the tech tree.

2. What would the skill barriers be? What if it was set at better than 50% WR for example. There would be those with a 55% WR complaining about the unskilled 50%ers losing the battles for them. So lets say its 60% WR... you and I would probably be annoyed that we cant take part plus all the 65% WR players would be complaining about the 60%ers losing the battles for them.

Yes ranked is frustrating whatever the tier. You'll get good teams and bad. Whether it's the players that go to C when everyone else says AB or the ships that only play to save a star from the off or the ships hiding behind islands as they're afraid to use their HP for the team.

It's a F2P game with random MM. You can't get the unicum team every time.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,684 posts
12,852 battles
50 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Poi??

46 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Came here to say this.

• Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
15 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Even if you potato...don't sweat it.  Make the run to Rank 15.  Jump in.  Get wet.   How else you gonna learn to swim in rank.  

If you can get to rank 10 then you start at rank 13 the next season. In three games this morning I'm already to rank 11, with all of the rewards one gets for that level and below. I usually stop at rank 10 after I get the two-star flag. Ranked is a great way to restock your flag closets and get other goodies as well. Not to mention that I think it's a lot of fun playing in smaller teams. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,994 posts
54 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

shot-20.05.20_10.40.13-0425.jpg

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,879 posts
11,656 battles
36 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

TIL that wanting to win and have a team that has the tiniest clue what they are doing is being "Elitist".

I think its more the tone of the OPs post and the fact that he played one ranked game before coming here to sound off  . He obviously had an agenda even if it's right .

The tone of the post smacks of elitist and doesn't elicit a real conversation it evokes peoples raw emotions instead .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2

Members
858 posts
5,902 battles

Others already stated here, expect to carry in ranked. That doesn’t necessarily mean farm the most damage. It means have the highest impact for your team. I use DDs usually since it’s a skill position that can dictate battles. The questions regarding skill gates and game count really don’t merit response as they should be self evident. 

pro tip: stop worrying about others win rates and games played and strive to play at the highest level you can. Assume every other player will fail you so that when they don’t you are pleasantly surprised. You will find contentment this way.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
5,293 posts
4,540 battles

whaaa... Ranked is on already?... I'm not yet dressed for the party!!! :Smile_ohmy:. My Mass is still stock, RN, Frenchie and PA are still tier 6... guess it is all up to you old trusty Mahan