You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

Legendary Upgrades Sold?

10 comments in this topic

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,324 battles

So if we sold a LU, will we have the chance to but it back when the changes occur with 9.5?

[HINON]
Members
13,705 posts

I'm not sure but support might be able to restore it if you open a ticket. You would need the amount of credits you got from selling it available. 

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
16 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

So if we sold a LU, will we have the chance to but it back when the changes occur with 9.5?

10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I'm not sure but support might be able to restore it if you open a ticket. You would need the amount of credits you got from selling it available. 

This^^^

If you sold a Unique Upgrade (UU, only called LU in testing), then you can open a ticket with support to get it back like if you sold a premium ship.

Or you can reset lines in the Research Bureau and get it back that way after they are revealed in the RB on or after 9.5. Some UUs may not become live in 9.5, but in patches after, from some comments in the dev blogs. Time will tell. Expect a big UU article sometime after Jun 1st and probably near Jun 8th. Update 9.5 is likely to drop Jun 10th if the 4 week dev cycle holds.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Or you can reset lines in the Research Bureau and get it back that way after they are revealed in the RB on or after 9.5. Some UUs may not become live in 9.5, but in patches after, from some comments in the dev blogs. Time will tell. Expect a big UU article sometime after Jun 1st and probably near Jun 8th. Update 9.5 is likely to drop Jun 10th if the 4 week dev cycle holds.

You might not be able to get it again in the Research Bureau.  Once obtained the first time, the purchase option might not be available for a second purchase option.  I would suspect the only option to get back a sold UU, would be to submit a ticket to WG to have it reinstated.

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

You might not be able to get it again in the Research Bureau.  Once obtained the first time, the purchase option might not be available for a second purchase option.  I would suspect the only option to get back a sold UU, would be to submit a ticket to WG to have it reinstated.

That feature seems a bit bugged. I have three UUs atm (Henri, Khab and Groz). Henri is greyed out in RB but I could buy the other two. The Henri one is unmounted but the other two are mounted. Maybe that is throwing it off?

[A-I-M]
Members
3,413 posts
14,089 battles
7 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

That feature seems a bit bugged. I have three UUs atm (Henri, Khab and Groz). Henri is greyed out in RB but I could buy the other two. The Henri one is unmounted but the other two are mounted. Maybe that is throwing it off?

It’s probably reading what is in your inventory.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
8 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

It is probably looking at what is in your inventory for the initial ability to even show up as a purchase option.  It would be interesting to see if you could actually purchase the Khab or Groz UUs since you already do have them.

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
46 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Nothing that WG has said about UUs in the RB supports this. It's possible, but not likely I think. Especially since the event where you could buy UUs for tokens did not have that restriction.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nothing that WG has said about UUs in the RB supports this. It's possible, but not likely I think. Especially since the event where you could buy UUs for tokens did not have that restriction.

There isn't anything mentioned by WG that supports anything.  That's the problem.   UUs are only 1 use on one ship.  They aren't meant to be sold or to be able to purchase a bunch to be held in inventory.  Weren't the token ones just regular special modifications, the same as those in the armory now?  I can't remember.

[PVE]
Members
19,980 posts
12,672 battles
4 minutes ago, Murcc said:

There isn't anything mentioned by WG that supports anything.  That's the problem.   UUs are only 1 use on one ship.  They aren't meant to be sold or to be able to purchase a bunch to be held in inventory.  Weren't the token ones just regular special modifications, the same as those in the armory now?  I can't remember.

No, the UUs were sold for Tokens. And you could buy one that you already had and get credit compensation.