Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kerabatsos

no more money on this game

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

61
[USN50]
Members
76 posts
6,743 battles

i am responsible for 5 players on this game and we are all leaving after all these years.

i post this in hopes that the Devs will see this. I would just like to give some feed back. I would say my biggest complaint is CV is OP. the class in its current state, doesnt even need to exist if you ask me. a class where you can fire at a ship that cant fire back at you is not a fun and engaging experience if you are on the receiving end. the second biggest complaint is, how many 16" shells do I have to put through a DD for him to actually sink?

every single update encourages the BBs to star further and further back. I hate staying back, i want to battle! The game, as of late, has taught me to keep my BBs 22km away from any red CA.

I am no pro and don't claim to be, but this is my experience and everyone I play with agrees. They are done with CV ruining the game play experience.

I wish the best to players on this forum and am greatful for the fun I used to have here.

Thank you.

  • Cool 14
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts

As a CV player, a BB hanging out way in the back by itself, is an easy target.  Staying in the back, away from your team, is making you EXACTLY what the CV is looking for.   It's a bright neon flashing sign that says "CV feeding time".

You have the perfect answer though. Get those friends that you mentioned together and roll in a group in a bunch of AA ships like the Mino, Wooster, the Friesland or the new EU DDs etc.  You will be a rolling plane death squad. If I see a BB in the middle of a big ball of protective AA with his friends, I know it's going to cost me a whole bunch of planes just to land a hit, if I can even get in there.

Even if you don't choose powerful AA ships, a div in a group with overlapped AA of any reasonable sort will make a CV player go looking elsewhere if at all possible. 

Just like in nature, the tiger doesn't go for the one in the middle of the stampeding pack. It's going to get trampled, rolled and broken.  So it goes for the straggler in the back, all by itself.  Don't be that one.

  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,115
[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,852 battles

If you’re hiding from CAs and being bullied by carriers in a BB then...bye? 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,853
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,300 posts
9,645 battles
1 hour ago, Kerabatsos said:

They are done with CV ruining the game play experience.

I wish the best to players on this forum and am greatful for the fun I used to have here.

Cheers, and good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,258
[WORX]
Members
11,380 posts
19,183 battles

Lets see here...

  • Bullied by a neutered CV...... Check
  • Shooting at a DD with the wrong ordnance type as a BB driver..... Check
  • Playing peek-a-boo with cruisers at 20km away..... Check

If anything, this is the prime example of power creep... No other ship class in the game, has it this good in the game today.... NONE...

GL OP, see you for the holiday events...

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
93 posts
14,350 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

As a CV player, a BB hanging out way in the back by itself, is an easy target.  Staying in the back, away from your team, is making you EXACTLY what the CV is looking for.   It's a bright neon flashing sign that says "CV feeding time".

You have the perfect answer though. Get those friends that you mentioned together and roll in a group in a bunch of AA ships like the Mino, Wooster, the Friesland or the new EU DDs etc.  You will be a rolling plane death squad. If I see a BB in the middle of a big ball of protective AA with his friends, I know it's going to cost me a whole bunch of planes just to land a hit, if I can even get in there.

Even if you don't choose powerful AA ships, a div in a group with overlapped AA of any reasonable sort will make a CV player go looking elsewhere if at all possible. 

Just like in nature, the tiger doesn't go for the one in the middle of the stampeding pack. It's going to get trampled, rolled and broken.  So it goes for the straggler in the back, all by itself.  Don't be that one.

Where do you find those teams playing according to successful tactics? Please tell me, because all I get is half a team yoloing in the first 2 minutes, and another half hiding and/or running until there's no more map. And the team with the better cv player usually wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,874
[-BUI-]
Members
2,340 posts
6,345 battles
1 hour ago, Kerabatsos said:

 a class where you can fire at a ship that cant fire back at you is not a fun and engaging experience if you are on the receiving end

You also just described every ship behind an island that isn't spotted, every DD firing torpedoes, and every ship with a smoke btw.    

Yeah yeah, you can technically fire back at smoked up ships, but its unlikely you're gonna get more than 1-shell hit at best with a battleship, and thats only if you're smart enough to exploit the "lock on" to another ship (which they should really fix IMO).

Edited by Zenn3k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

All the issues you just described sound like a "you" problem.

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,389
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,281 battles
20 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

All the issues you just described sound like a "you" problem.

~Hunter

""the class in its current state, doesnt even need to exist if you ask me. a class where you can fire at a ship that cant fire back at you is not a fun and engaging experience if you are on the receiving end""

His perception here is not wrong. Not that the devs will pay any attention, as they are gambling that players coming in will offset the losses due to the unfun nature of the current CV-laden meta. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

""the class in its current state, doesnt even need to exist if you ask me. a class where you can fire at a ship that cant fire back at you is not a fun and engaging experience if you are on the receiving end""

His perception here is not wrong. Not that the devs will pay any attention, as they are gambling that players coming in will offset the losses due to the unfun nature of the current CV-laden meta. 

I dunno man. I'm not having issues. Rocket planes are irritating and OP, but remove those and the problems will be solved. It's definitely a lot better than RTS days. It's a player problem. That sentence you just quoted is HIS opinion. Trying to prove it as fact is a waste of time. So his perception is his, but not shared as a whole. Considering that the NA server is the only server that hates anything that tries to dissuade them from camping.

~Hunter

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,166
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,715 posts
12,188 battles

If you are dying solely to a carrier in a BB from anything save a detonation, you made a massive mistake somewhere along the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,498
[TWFT]
Members
1,405 posts
38,580 battles

Enter the CV mafia which will now tell you: Getgud, Play a different ship, Your playing the game wrong and Bye bye.

CV's are just in the game so that low skilled players can do as much damage as a BB with out taking any damage.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,389
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,281 battles
55 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I dunno man. I'm not having issues. Rocket planes are irritating and OP, but remove those and the problems will be solved.

No they won't. There is still the incredible spotting problem, and numerous other issues.

55 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

It's definitely a lot better than RTS days. It's a player problem. That sentence you just quoted is HIS opinion. Trying to prove it as fact is a waste of time. So his perception is his, but not shared as a whole. Considering that the NA server is the only server that hates anything that tries to dissuade them from camping.

~Hunter

RTS was much better. There were far fewer CVs, your chance of actually being targeted was low, and AA actually worked. The game rewarded good tactical play and keeping your ship alive -- now if you survive to late in the game you're just a target drone if there is Cancer in the game. O, and so many excellent players hadn't left.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,047 posts
10,764 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

GL OP, see you for the holiday events...

The OP is a CV complainer, a DD complainer, a stay on the backline and fire the wrong shells, and created a post that's pure troll food...for the love of God, don't encourage them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
57 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

No they won't. There is still the incredible spotting problem, and numerous other issues.

RTS was much better. There were far fewer CVs, your chance of actually being targeted was low, and AA actually worked. The game rewarded good tactical play and keeping your ship alive -- now if you survive to late in the game you're just a target drone if there is Cancer in the game. O, and so many excellent players hadn't left.

I can't help you then, I can't convince you either. My experience is vastly different and I play mostly DDs this season.

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
2 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I dunno man. I'm not having issues. Rocket planes are irritating and OP, but remove those and the problems will be solved. It's definitely a lot better than RTS days. It's a player problem. That sentence you just quoted is HIS opinion. Trying to prove it as fact is a waste of time. So his perception is his, but not shared as a whole. Considering that the NA server is the only server that hates anything that tries to dissuade them from camping.

~Hunter

Just because you're not having issues doesn't mean others don't. You can't be short-sighted enough to think that your game play experience is the same as everyone else's. CVs can and do ruin the game for a large number of people. Just because you're fine with them doesn't change this, and never will.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
2 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

Just because you're not having issues doesn't mean others don't. You can't be short-sighted enough to think that your game play experience is the same as everyone else's. CVs can and do ruin the game for a large number of people. Just because you're fine with them doesn't change this, and never will.

Maybe it's because I learned to adapt and not be bothered by it anymore while the rest complain that they can't just bow in anymore, or lonewolf BB anymore. Majority of complaints come from Island Humpers and Backline Snipers. And I, as a DD player, find that the biggest issue I have with CVs (I play all the other classes too), is rocket planes.

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
2 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Maybe it's because I learned to adapt and not be bothered by it anymore while the rest complain that they can't just bow in anymore, or lonewolf BB anymore. Majority of complaints come from Island Humpers and Backline Snipers. And I, as a DD player, find that the biggest issue I have with CVs (I play all the other classes too), is rocket planes.

~Hunter

I agree, rocket planes are one of the worst aspects. Still worse though, is spotting. CVs ability to scout and spot is easily the biggest reason why they're so broken, and clan wars proves this every single day. Clumping up for AA is not a fun strategy, or one that even works that effectively. Trying to use concealment as a DD with CVs in the game is just silly because you're literally just hoping he doesn't try to spot you. Hope is not fun nor is it a strategy.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,625 battles
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

As a CV player, a BB hanging out way in the back by itself, is an easy target.  Staying in the back, away from your team, is making you EXACTLY what the CV is looking for.   It's a bright neon flashing sign that says "CV feeding time".

You have the perfect answer though. Get those friends that you mentioned together and roll in a group in a bunch of AA ships like the Mino, Wooster, the Friesland or the new EU DDs etc.  You will be a rolling plane death squad. If I see a BB in the middle of a big ball of protective AA with his friends, I know it's going to cost me a whole bunch of planes just to land a hit, if I can even get in there.

Even if you don't choose powerful AA ships, a div in a group with overlapped AA of any reasonable sort will make a CV player go looking elsewhere if at all possible. 

Just like in nature, the tiger doesn't go for the one in the middle of the stampeding pack. It's going to get trampled, rolled and broken.  So it goes for the straggler in the back, all by itself.  Don't be that one.

listen I don’t have a problem with CVs I ignore them and just play my game . I deal with them only if there are 2 in a game then I watch were I go . 

The problem here is that your telling people what ships they have to play and how they have to play the game just because CVs are in the game . That’s really not an answer for a counter that people want to hear . Play this ship and play this way or the tiger will kill you . This is part of the problem and part of the reason people get upset . They don’t want to herd up play only ships with great AA not be able to push up or be able to fire back at something that just keeps coming at them . You really can’t blame them especially at low tiers . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts
17 hours ago, clammboy said:

listen I don’t have a problem with CVs I ignore them and just play my game . I deal with them only if there are 2 in a game then I watch were I go . 

The problem here is that your telling people what ships they have to play and how they have to play the game just because CVs are in the game . That’s really not an answer for a counter that people want to hear . Play this ship and play this way or the tiger will kill you . This is part of the problem and part of the reason people get upset . They don’t want to herd up play only ships with great AA not be able to push up or be able to fire back at something that just keeps coming at them . You really can’t blame them especially at low tiers . 

If I want to kill cruisers, I play a BB.  If I want to kill battleships, I play a DD.  If I want to shoot down planes, I play ship with good AA.

In a little bit if I want to kill subs, and going play a ship with good depth charges.

I can't play a ship that is good at all those things, at once.  That's just how the game works.  If I could, everyone would pick that same ship and the game would be very boring.

There is a downside to the advice that I gave.  The group of AA ships all rolling around together are a stealth DD's perfect torp target.  They are likely to land a whole bunch of fish on those closely grouped ships.  You have to choose. That's a good thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

If I want to kill cruisers, I play a BB.  If I want to kill battleships, I play a DD.  If I want to shoot down planes, I play ship with good AA.

In a little bit if I want to kill subs, and going play a ship with good depth charges.

I can't play a ship that is good at all those things, at once.  That's just how the game works.  If I could, everyone would pick that same ship and the game would be very boring.

There is a downside to the advice that I gave.  The group of AA ships all rolling around together are a stealth DD's perfect torp target.  They are likely to land a whole bunch of fish on those closely grouped ships.  You have to choose. That's a good thing.

 

Just as almost everybody from CV-defenders crowd you missing point. If good CV wants you dead - the only way to stop is to sit in the middle of fleet. If you want to kill CV - good luck. It creates toxic environment. Another moment - good CV player can (may? :) ) influence game greatly and this is due to unmatched spotting capabilities - this plus stupid rocket planes makes CV cancer. And that sux

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts
7 hours ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Just as almost everybody from CV-defenders crowd you missing point. If good CV wants you dead - the only way to stop is to sit in the middle of fleet. If you want to kill CV - good luck. It creates toxic environment. Another moment - good CV player can (may? :) ) influence game greatly and this is due to unmatched spotting capabilities - this plus stupid rocket planes makes CV cancer. And that sux

If a good stealth torp DD want's to harass you in a BB by yourself, good luck shooting back at it.

Unless you have radar or someone who does, you will never detect said good DD player, so you can shoot back.  You are going to deal with torps coming out of thin air and there is nothing you can do about it.

One sided ship combinations are not a new thing to this game.  It's a very old situation and a designed game mechanic.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
33 posts
3,615 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

If a good stealth torp DD want's to harass you, good luck shooting back at it. Unless you have radar or someone who does, you will never detect said food DD player, so you can shoot back.

One sided ship combinations are not a new thing to this game.  It's a very old situation.

Honestly that is the whole point of RDF. Stealth torp DDs are not as effective(in my opinion) as a good CV player. I see both sides of this argument and I think in the right hand both can be cancer. The ease of use is the other side stealth torp DDs tend to be easier to use then CVs. Currently that is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts
9 minutes ago, _Sh3ath_ said:

Honestly that is the whole point of RDF. Stealth torp DDs are not as effective(in my opinion) as a good CV player. I see both sides of this argument and I think in the right hand both can be cancer. The ease of use is the other side stealth torp DDs tend to be easier to use then CVs. Currently that is! 

RDF will tell you the general direction that the DD is.  Just like the planes coming and going from the CV, will tell you the general direction that the CV is.  Neither case will reveal the ship itself, so you can shoot at it.

Anyway, I gave OP the answer to his presented problem.  There is no perfect answer to all problems that you can click on and take into battle.  There shouldn't be. 

If you don't want the CV to send you back to port every game though, don't be by yourself at the back of the map in a big ole BB.  I am going to sink you if you do that.  A lot.   Go hang out with all the AA and I am much more likely to go look for a target that is going to hurt less.

He can do with that information whatever he wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×