Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

Take your 100 points back

31 comments in this topic

Members
1,660 posts

Please.

I recently played a week's worth of Tier X randoms.  Too many battles are dragging on and on while one or two players try to kill that last ship or.two.  Anymore a third of our time in battle is un-productive for the majority of the team.  Their time would be better spent in queue for another battle.  Especially when bots are chasing bots around with the red fleet having less than 100 points.

Take those 100 points back and return a semblance efficiency to co op battles.

Please.

EDIT:  For the boring votes, I couldn't agree more.  The added 100 points give co op battles a boring, fruitless, tedious end game.  At least at Tier X.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 6
  • Boring 5

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts

Haven't fixated myself on that 100 points, but I can say I have only had one, maybe two, sub 6 min game since change and it has been great!

Have even had a game where after killing a BB and CA in my Mass I had to then go hunt for the bot CV. In the last min of game I managed to kill it and win the game. Granted the time of day I was playing, there were more bots on my team, so after my bots died, I found the enemy had 2 of the 3 caps and I was facing the 3 enemy ships at the end - but what a great game.

My average games last approx 8 - 10 mins max.

I don't find the 100 point change seemingly changing much of my average game format, but it 'seems' to have lessened  the really quick games - so :cap_like:WG!

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,646 posts
20,545 battles

Thank you for the extra value that 100 points gives us......  I haven't see a MR quick end since the change:  THANK YOU ! 

OP, the goal is enjoyment; and, I have yet to find it boring, fruitless, or a tedious endgame.  In fact, at tier 10, the game seems to end as it should:  sequential destruction of the bots with very few chases:..........and, even if we have to shoot across the map, my Yammy is up to that task.......

• Cool 4

[RVNHQ]
Members
302 posts
9,866 battles

I actually use 4 out of 5 heals on my Hindenburg now.

• Cool 2

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,235 battles

I'm seeing alot of teams actually lose Co-Op battles now. I didn't think that was really possible..... :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by MudRaker227

[WOLFC]
Members
171 posts
16,565 battles

I vote KEEP the extra 100 points.

After suffering through years of having my battles interrupted with an unexpected and unwanted cutoff things are finally better. The LAST thing I'd want to do is go back to the old unpleasantness.

• Cool 6

[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
7,629 battles
4 hours ago, aardvark7734 said:

I vote KEEP the extra 100 points.

After suffering through years of having my battles interrupted with an unexpected and unwanted cutoff things are finally better. The LAST thing I'd want to do is go back to the old unpleasantness.

This exactly.  +1.  I am liking the new.  I got so tired of gamus interruptus.  Much better now.  :cap_like:

[ICOP]
Members
431 posts
15,537 battles

Yes, the games are a bit longer.  Yes, I've experienced a small uptick in losses.  Yes, I've still had the game end while my shells were about to hit the enemy ship, but at least it was the last, solitary enemy ship and it's been maybe twice as opposed to every other or every third  battle.  All in all, I say it was a good thing for co-op mains, and I'm grateful to WG for listening to us and responding.

Now - bring back all the abandoned operations and the rewards for ops as they used to be please - and you'll have me playing this game and buying doubloons for the foreseeable future, WG! 

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,236 posts
9,660 battles

Per my prior postings I strongly approve of the change to help limit MR endings. Essentially all of the recent battles have extended to the sinking of all of the bots including in many cases the CV, which previously rarely, if ever, occurred. Thanks for implementing this excellent change.

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
1,734 posts
25,950 battles

I don't see what the OP is seeing, I play mostly t8-t10 and the games are much more satisfying, engaging and fun. Less irritation and let's face it downright annoyance when the game is over in 3 minutes and the reds have three of the largest health pool, usually BBs, still alive.

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
6 hours ago, MudRaker227 said:

I'm seeing alot of teams actually lose Co-Op battles now. I didn't think that was really possible..... :Smile_popcorn:

Never understand those who have lost Co-Op battles saying that? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,660 posts

I am happy for those enjoying the new co op.   I don't enjoy working harder for less, but that is just me.

I find co op a much worse experience.  The value in co op was getting in and out of battle quickly to maximize the rewards over time.  If done well you could approximate the rewards from Randoms.  Now,  you have random length battles with co op rewards.

With the new points, one or two players benefit minimally and the rest of the team loses.  It feels like we've cut off our noses to spite our taves.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,734 posts
25,950 battles

Well my tave hasn''t been spited, and my nose is intact.

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
21 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I am happy for those enjoying the new co op.   I don't enjoy working harder for less, but that is just me.

I find co op a much worse experience.  The value in co op was getting in and out of battle quickly to maximize the rewards over time.  If done well you could approximate the rewards from Randoms.  Now,  you have random length battles with co op rewards.

With the new points, one or two players benefit minimally and the rest of the team loses.  It feels like we've cut off our noses to spite our taves.

Completely selfish approach but I had no investment with really fast battles; also having looked at my earnings there is not a great deal of change.

So for me it means the battles are a little longer, I feel better engaged, and I have gained much more in the gaming as opposed to the efficiency of earning more for every second I am in game.

If that is the case, then maybe Randoms is your place for efficiency balanced with earnings? For me it is more about the enjoyment from the game and those I play alongside; it was never a time/reward thing?

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,306 posts

I've been THRILLED with the tweak to that mode and the deep reduction in premature ends to battles.  

Really fast battles are boring, frustrating, and BAD for payout per unit time...

...unless you're YOLO-spamming DDs, getting fast damage in before you sink, and then putting the onus to get the win on your teammates while you go play 4 more DD battles. 

:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 3

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
607 posts
5,477 battles
36 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

We can agree to disagree. I play Coop because it's fun, not work, so this isn't working harder. The added 100 points has increased that fun by extending the matches long enough to clear the table. And as long as randoms? Not so much. Well, if you mean the 5 minute roflstomps everyone is posting about, maybe. But I don't play randoms.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,516 posts
9,825 battles

I enjoy the games more, and if there is an economics over time downside, it hasn't been very obvious.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
746 posts
11 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Please.

I recently played a week's worth of Tier X randoms.  Too many battles are dragging on and on while one or two players try to kill that last ship or.two.  Anymore a third of our time in battle is un-productive for the majority of the team.  Their time would be better spent in queue for another battle.  Especially when bots are chasing bots around with the red fleet having less than 100 points.

Please.

EDIT:  I couldn't agree more.  The added 100 points give co op battles a boring, fruitless, tedious end game.  At least at Tier X.

Many people have asked for this simple fix and I am glad WG implemented it. How is it efficient to go into a 3 minute game with most of the potential damage to get left untouched or caps unable to be taken? You can always exit to port if it is taking so long. Who cares if you are pink? It's only coop right? I am sure there are other quick ending games for low attention span people on the market.

[VOP]
Members
544 posts
9,869 battles

Sorry OP we don't see Co-op as a yolo fest type of game mode.

We actually like to play this game mode helping others when we are dead. And the change seems to be working out. I only had one battle yesterday where it resulted in 1 ship being left on the map. 

This is a good not over the top change. Thank you WG.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
11 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Please.

Please.

EDIT:  I couldn't agree more.  The added 100 points give co op battles a boring, fruitless, tedious end game.  At least at Tier X.

I agree with you, the 5 minute matches was the best thing about playing coop over other modes.  I guess ill just stick to PvP and the occasional operation...

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, USMCGal said:

Sorry OP we don't see Co-op as a yolo fest type of game mode.

We actually like to play this game mode helping others when we are dead. And the change seems to be working out. I only had one battle yesterday where it resulted in 1 ship being left on the map. 

This is a good not over the top change. Thank you WG.

I don't agree, but to each their own.

What you wrote gives me the impression that you want random battles but on easy mode.  Just my impression and I figure you'll say otherwise.

If you want to work harder for less rewards who am I to stop you?  That isn't why I come to co op, but more power to you.

I don't want a yolo fest either.  My previous experiences with co op was that it used to be an efficient, fast paced way to garner victories and other rewards.  Get in, kill, and get out.  Now it is as slow as randoms for fewer rewards.

It is okay to disagree and goodness knows this game isn't here to cater to me, i know that.  I appreciate your opinion, but co op is just tedious to me now.

Best of luck!

EDIT:  When you say we, who else are you speaking for?

Edited by Gunga_Dinner

[ICOP]
Members
431 posts
15,537 battles

Gunga, look at the numbers of agreement with USMCGal, vs. opposed, a quick recap shows me two people don't like the change, while about 3 or 4 times that number are happy.  But I'll say that at least on this subject, she does speak for me.

I'm NOT wanting "easy" mode.  Wanting lack of toxic chats, wanting fewer times one does 200k damage and loses anyway because RNG in the matchmaking, etc. Unless by easy you mean more fun and lack of matchmaking frustration and not being the target of toxic remarks and negative karma votes because I didn't play the way a self-appointed Grand Admiral wanted me to play.  If that is "easy" then guilty.  It just happens so rarely in co-op that it's hardly worth mentioning.  In my experience, it happens often in Random - I've gotten "plays poorly" remarks and been number 1 on the team in random.  It's just toxic there, and that's my number one reason for wanting the best possible game experience in co-op, rather than a quick victory for some directive/reward.

Personally, I consider anytime I'm not in the top 3 players on the green team as a loss, and anytime I'm not in the top 5 I was a potato (depending on the ship to some extent).  I have fun in co-op.  I do NOT have fun in randoms, except perhaps in a division with div-mates on voice chat.

I really am sorry that the changes have ruined some aspect of the game for you, but more of us in the PvE community are happy than not so with the change.  I don't advocate for changes in Randoms because I am vocal about PvE, fair is fair.

• Cool 4

[VOP]
Members
746 posts
3 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

It sounds like too much min/maxing to get game rewards. Also, it is much easier to get crap rewards from a coop blowout. The only ones I see losing in the new coop are hiding island humpers. Random still would offer a better yield. I guess I don't understand how it is "harder" if you are just watching players hunt down the last ships. You can still have quick games by:

1. Doing a yolo and exiting to port.

2. Take a cap to help the game end earlier while getting more rewards. 

3. Exit to port when you reach that "boring" point. Remember, it's coop. Who cares if you go pink and get banished to coop.

4. Play Minesweeper, the games go really quick.

[VOP]
Members
544 posts
9,869 battles
48 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Now it is as slow as randoms for fewer rewards.

So if I can earn more XP by the game lasting a few minutes longer how is that lesser reward?

One can go into a random battle get 10 hits and still make double what you can in a co-op game for double the amount of effort you would need to perform in a Co-op game, to reap the same. 

But I am good with that. I prefer Co-op along with the people. We meaning my clan and those that I play with in the Co-op mode. There are far more that play this mode that post on this forum.  

As for random's on easy, ha could really care less. I go in there every now and again to remind myself to not bother. Hiding behind islands is not my forte. I suppose I could yolo but that is not right to do either. So I refrain from that mode due to the toxicity and boring high tier meta.  LOL the only time I ever back up in my BB's is to get off of an island. I just cannot see playing that way at higher tiers. But like you said to each their own.

I have  been playing this game for four years a few minutes here or there for a longer match to garner more XP doesn't bother me.

I like to have fun and brawl in my ships. I don't see this game as job where I must do this or complete that. Good luck and HAVE FUN OP! 

Life these days is too short to not have fun.

@Thunder_Feet  Well said sir! Thank you. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

Well it certainly sounds like most are enjoying this suggestion I made for Coop to solve the Mercy Rule. WG implemented this a patch or two after I made a video suggesting exactly this, adding 100 points to the starting points for Coop. I'm curious how many people have seen the video and know this likely came as a result from it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this