You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pcgamer001

Container Tokens a good laugh

15 comments in this topic

[ABCD3]
[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
43 posts
2,427 battles

So I have got 26 containers and 130 tokens.

It's 2,850 tokens to get all the ships -600 if you skip the last cammo so 2,250.

is this a joke?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Don't waste a second thinking about it. It's the PR debacle cranked to 11. Pure cash grab. Impossible odds otherwise. I'm ignoring the whole thing.

• Cool 4

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles

Unless the numbers of tokens per container goes up with the different missions (which it won;t)

At 10 tokens per container, that  would be 285 containers.  I'm sure I am averaging less than 10 tokens per container. 

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Think of it this way.  Anything less than the 25 or 300 token payout is just a consolation prize you can spend on the other rewards.

I was lucky and hit the 300 on one and then got the 7 15 token payouts from the first ship.  After stage 2 I have enough for the Tallinn camo without hitting another 300.

Do i think it's overly stingy for tech tree ships....sure.  But it's what we have come to expect.  I just wish it was more an effort and time requirement rather than RNG.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,834 battles

Every mission container but one, was 5 for me. The one exception was 15.

The purchase with 500 gold shows 5 as the first choice. Seriously? Pay 500 gold for 5 betting the next one is going to be 300? Right.

So I did not spend any gold on it. WG you are doing this wrong.

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,927 battles
1 hour ago, Capn_Nugget said:

I got 300 in my free crate today. But most have been 5.

Same here, at this rate I will only be able to get the T5. Out of twelve containers all the rest were 5's.

shot-20.05.19_21.19.43-0602.jpg

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles

you know these are tech tree ships right? you dont have do spend money to unlock them, they will be released soon enough.

[13CLM]
Beta Testers
110 posts

No, this is the new normal. Look at when they first introduced the "random bundle" format. It was what, 16 or 17 bundles to complete and reasonably priced? Then the Italian cruisers happened. Then the UK CA. Then the EU DDs. Each time the amount of bundles needed to get everything rose in number. Expect 200+ "bundle" events in the future.

WG isn't stupid. They'll keep doing this as long as whales keep throwing money at them.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,398 posts
14,069 battles
2 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

I got 300 in my free crate today. But most have been 5.

Edit: I gotta take back and apologize for the call to urgency, if anyone saw it. My math was based on the 105 tokens per week NOT renewing, plus I mixed two scenarios up, and hosed the explanation.

So, putting it correctly: getting the Mikoyan with your 300-drop and grinding the 105 tokens even ONCE will set you up for the Tallinn permacamo, provided you grind out the other directives. 

The extra weeks of 105 tokens are not enough to get you into the Tallinn itself, though, without further RNG help. But they will give you some cushion in grinding toward the permacamo if you run short on grind time.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 1

Members
803 posts
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Every mission container but one, was 5 for me. The one exception was 15.

The purchase with 500 gold shows 5 as the first choice. Seriously? Pay 500 gold for 5 betting the next one is going to be 300? Right.

So I did not spend any gold on it. WG you are doing this wrong.

I also got 5 tokens as the random bundle option. You'd think that there would be a "roll again" feature, since there's no way I'm spending 500 doubloons on 5 tokens, flags, and non-permanent camos. If anything, they should always default to 15 tokens on the first random bundle, since that's still mostly worthless but feels better than 5 tokens.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,331 posts
6,343 battles

You spend money on these event containers, you frankly deserve to have your money wasted.   

Think of these events, where they want you to pay for free stuff...as stupid people tax, don't be the one who gets taxed, I know how many of you folks hate taxes.

• Funny 1