wolfkind252

Suspended from useing ingame chat until the 22nd?

38 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
365 posts
1,013 battles

uh.................... how come I get suspended from using ingame chat, I have it turned off, Is this like the time I was pink for killing the enemy?

Edited by wolfkind252
  • Boring 3

[LWA]
Members
960 posts
12,770 battles
2 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

uh.................... how come I get suspended from using ingame chat, I have it turned off, Is this like the time I was pink for killing the enemy?

you can appeal it....

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
3,568 posts
5 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

That's a hefty sanction. I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt but , dang!

If what you say is true ...

You prob annoyed a division of toddler-minded dwads who abused the reporting system and spammed "chat" complaints about you farming them in a smolensk or spotting them in a carrier or who knows what else. 

File an appeal so wg investigates and maybe you get it overturned.

Edited by thebigblue

[WORX]
Members
9,032 posts
17,182 battles
3 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Your past was reported... You may have chat off now, but whatever you said while it was on well WG says you should be punished...

If you think this was an error, appeal it.. Mind you, I dont have any stats on the success rate of appealing bans.

• Boring 2

[NEMO]
Members
365 posts
1,013 battles
Just now, thebigblue said:

If what you say is true ...

You prob annoyed a division of toddler-minded dwads who abused the reporting system and spammed complaints about you farming them in a smolensk or spotting them in a carrier or who knows what else. 

File an appeal so wg investigates and maybe you get it overturned.

And THAT is why I have player chat turned off, all I see is the annoying F keys, the only [edited] about it I don't like is I cant even chat with my clan because of it.........at least not in the game :)

• Boring 1

Members
2,500 posts
2,752 battles
5 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Oh c'mon, tell us exactly what you said to those guys...

my bet is you'll get a forum ban too... but it is worth it

• Funny 3

[SIDE]
Members
3,568 posts
Just now, wolfkind252 said:

And THAT is why I have player chat turned off, all I see is the annoying F keys, the only [edited] about it I don't like is I cant even chat with my clan because of it.........at least not in the game :)

I edited while you were quoting me...

I have appealed and won. They look at the complaints and the text preceding and following. They will reply back with whatever you said in quotations. If they find nothing objectionable you will receive an apology and have privileges restored.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,626 posts
10,456 battles

Multi-day suspensions are usually the result of someone filing a ticket with WG with screenshots attached.

Automatic chat bans are 24 hours in length.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,569 posts
7,576 battles

You got caught doing something that you shouldn’t. Coming here and feigning innocence doesn’t help your case. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[NEMO]
Members
365 posts
1,013 battles
31 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh c'mon, tell us exactly what you said to those guys...

my bet is you'll get a forum ban too... but it is worth it

nope I didn't say anything I have chat turned off so I don't have to hear the whining

11 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Multi-day suspensions are usually the result of someone filing a ticket with WG with screenshots attached.

Automatic chat bans are 24 hours in length.

so it IS like turning pink fo shooting a bot destroyer

4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You got caught doing something that you shouldn’t. Coming here and feigning innocence doesn’t help your case. 

meh

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,477 posts

The given path to get your answer is ask the support team.  We can't help.

Members
2,840 posts
8,596 battles

I don't even chat anymore in game. Had this happen to me also.

[NSS]
Members
107 posts
14,551 battles

never have chat turned off. that makes you a bad teammate. you dont have to answer/read the nonsense of people, but communication for help and strat is a necessity.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I don't even chat anymore in game. Had this happen to me also.

If I didn't read the in-game chat I'd have to shelve my "Chat Funnies" thread. I only wish that this forum was more adult-oriented because there have been some really hilarious chats that, unfortunately, I can't even post edited screenshots of here in the forums. 

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,101 posts
12,888 battles
2 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Aloha,

A 3 day chat ban doesn't just occur. You had to have done something to be escalated beyond a 24 hour. If you feel this is in error put a customer support ticket in and they will review the infraction to see if it was wrongly placed on you.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,122 posts
1 hour ago, UnOrthoDocks said:

never have chat turned off. that makes you a bad teammate. you dont have to answer/read the nonsense of people, but communication for help and strat is a necessity.

turn off chat... until they add something so you can tell if player has chat disabled, I would automatically assume the entire team has chat disabled...

DD requested assistance with a cap... i followed along..  dd got the cap, then raced off to another leaving us larger ships now without any eyes...  I never received a response in chat so now I don't help anyone who uses F keys without chat.

[--O--]
Members
702 posts

Hey dont feel bad I had one for telling a Pasty CC in a very unpolite way that he was dead leave the game the reds are on his stream watching and killing us. Bet the report i sent on him didnt get actioned. Just accept you did something to make someone get offended and move on, not worth loosing sleep over.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
975 posts
11,079 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I'm shocked by this . . . :cap_popcorn:

Yes...it is real electrifying stuff.....lol. 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,112 posts
20,274 battles

Definitely one of my favorite topics.

Popcorn GIFs | Tenor

• Funny 1

Members
652 posts
3 hours ago, UnOrthoDocks said:

That's the unfortunate thing about chat: there's so much chaff that you have to deal with until you have someone reasonably make a request or comment that will help you win the game. I leave it on for the chance that someone will say something useful, but definitely have the chat sounds off. RIP "stone the crows".

[D3BT]
Members
317 posts
5,296 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

A 3 day chat ban doesn't just occur. You had to have done something to be escalated beyond a 24 hour. If you feel this is in error put a customer support ticket in and they will review the infraction to see if it was wrongly placed on you.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Hapa,

Could you guys ever institute a premium time subscription for chat (paid for, of course lol) so we could say the meanest, most horrible things with minimal effect to our in-game texting abilities? 

It might make a nice profit for WG..... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MudRaker227

[RDS]
Members
1 post
10,437 battles

i fill the support ticket and ask for proof of my fault, and they dont answer nothing more that "you do it"

Chat ban is a complete fault of respect if they  ( WG ) dont show you WHY they apply this.

Edited by Juli_Carami
  • Confused 1

Members
201 posts
306 battles

I'd turned off my chat for good about 2 months ago, when I was chatbanned even though I didn't use it much beyond saying "hello".

A couple weeks ago I got chatbanned again, for 2.5 months, while my chat was disabled for the last 2 months.

I contacted support, I contacted a couple WG employees, no response.

Not that I will ever use chat again mind you, but the injustice of it has become a point of principle for me at this point.

• Confused 2